Moore Movie Blocked

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
Disney may block anti-Bush film

Hated Hollywood idiot and ultralib Michael Moore made a movie called "Farenhiet 9/11," but it will never be shown. Disney is moving to prevent its Miramax branch from playing the movie at the Cannes film festival, which will be held later this month.

Preemptive Strike Against LIBS: This is not censorship. This is disney making a corporate decision to not be associated with a bunch of antiamerican shit. Moore is still free to show whatever he wants, wherever he wants, as long as it's in compliance with state and federal regulations.

it's more likely to be a ploy to garner attention for it's eventual release ala 'the passion of christ'. If miramax actually doesn't release it, I will be quite surprised. Fully aware of some questionable bits in 'bowling for columbine', I still am interested in seeing what is said in farenheit and how it is said.

Originally posted by Hobbit
Disney may block anti-Bush film

Hated Hollywood idiot and ultralib Michael Moore made a movie called "Farenhiet 9/11," but it will never be shown. Disney is moving to prevent its Miramax branch from playing the movie at the Cannes film festival, which will be held later this month.

Hated by some, perhaps, but so is Bush.
My point is that it is not very accurate to call him a hated hollywood idiot. Many like him.
Just as many like the President, and many think he's a bumbling idiot. Hated even. Hate is a pretty strong word, don't you think?

I bet you the guy he got a liver transplant when his insurance company wouldn't (by going after the insurance company) doesn't hate Moore:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Aquarian
it's more likely to be a ploy to garner attention for it's eventual release ala 'the passion of christ'. If miramax actually doesn't release it, I will be quite surprised. Fully aware of some questionable bits in 'bowling for columbine', I still am interested in seeing what is said in farenheit and how it is said.

I'll give you a million dollars for every dollar of sales any moore film ever does over above the sales of "Passion of the Christ" if you give me a cent for every million dollars this film falls short of "Passion of the Christ".

Originally posted by Aquarian
Fully aware of some questionable bits in 'bowling for columbine', I still am interested in seeing what is said in farenheit and how it is said.

Me too. Overall, I liked Coolumbine.
I thought it was a very poignant piece about violence in our country.

As for gun control, I don't believe in disarming Americans but I do believe in regulation.

I don't need 16 year-olds (or anyone for that matter) running around my city with semi-automatic weapons. Homicide by firearm statistics in our country are staggering.

And before Columbine, I can't think of a more mainstream movie on this extremely important issue.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
I'll give you a million dollars for every dollar of sales any moore film ever does over above the sales of "Passion of the Christ" if you give me a cent for every million dollars this film falls short of "Passion of the Christ".

Well that's just silly.
It OBVIOUSLY won't happen.

Originally posted by nycflasher
Well that's just silly.
It OBVIOUSLY won't happen.

That's what I'm banking on. Holy shit. What if it does. I need a job.

Even though I dislike Michael Moore, I will go see the film just to hear his opinion. If disney wants to block it, thats fine with me, but I don't see why it shouldn't be shown, I believe every opinion should be heard, even if most of the time its crazy.

So what's the problem with MM?
Ya don't like how he went after C Heston?
Yoa don't like it that he often stands up for people who don't really have representation?

Hated by some, perhaps, but so is Bush.
My point is that it is not very accurate to call him a hated hollywood idiot. Many like him.
Just as many like the President, and many think he's a bumbling idiot. Hated even. Hate is a pretty strong word, don't you think?

I bet you the guy he got a liver transplant when his insurance company wouldn't (by going after the insurance company) doesn't hate Moore:rolleyes:

The difference. One is a hypocritical pundent that attacks our country and our president while reaping its benefits with profits from his films. The other runs the country where the previous person lives in and allows said person to live and profit in said country without censorship. I think alittle perspective is needed to see the difference.

Originally posted by insein
The difference. One is a hypocritical pundent that attacks our country and our president while reaping its benefits with profits from his films. The other runs the country where the previous person lives in and allows said person to live and profit in said country without censorship. I think alittle perspective is needed to see the difference.

And I suppose you think Kerry attacks our country, too. When actually, he is the only one that was in combat fighting for his country.

And then assholes accuse him of hating veterans and his country, when actually he has been faithfully serving his country for DECADES.

He reported war atrocities!
Much like have been recently reported involving prisoners in Iraq. Geesh.

I don't need perspective. I get it.

Likewise, when I start a comment about Bush I don't start it: " Hated presidential asshole George Bush..." eventhough I won't be voting for him.

Which is how this thread started...

Originally posted by insein

Attacks our country? I hardly think putting out documentaries portraying a perspective that would never be seen, as "attacking". At the most, it's political propoganda. A lot of the time it's exposing the injustices in our country and trying to shed some truth on things we (the general public) wouldn't normally be told. Because it doesn't agree with the right wing conservatives, it's ok to censor that? Is that what all the Mr. American Republicans are saying about this?

Yeah, because that's sooo American. :rolleyes:

Everything you said is everything we have the right to do. Would you want that made illegal? Is that more American?

And why is it so disturbing? If there isn't any truth to it, what's to be afraid of? Why even worry about it? Seems to me there is something to hide, and I don't like that. And I wouldn't think an American would approve of being denied access to see something like that. Something that supposedly doesn't agree with who is currently in power. That doesn't seem like a little much for anyone?

If the "powers that be" don't engage in deceptive behavior, documentaries like what Michael Moore make wouldn't be made.

And I suppose you think Kerry attacks our country, too. When actually, he is the only one that was in combat fighting for his country.

And then assholes accuse him of hating veterans and his country, when actually he has been faithfully serving his country for DECADES.

He reported war atrocities!
Much like have been recently reported involving prisoners in Iraq. Geesh.

I don't need perspective. I get it.

Likewise, when I start a comment about Bush I don't start it: " Hated presidential asshole George Bush..." eventhough I won't be voting for him.

Which is how this thread started...

again, Kerry brought the whole Vietnam thing on himself. If he had a base to show people who he is, he wouldnt need to refer back to Vietnam for the answer to all that ails america. For him to use his service in Vietnam as a prerequisite for the presidency and to not forsee his anti-war actions coming under scrutiny because of this stance is very shortsighted.

Michael Moore is different. He'll say that Bush is the cause of all the problems in America today, like they only existed since 2000. He'll accuse Bush of baseless lies and cry foul when someone calls him on it. Bush does not respond to these people and when he does its something along the length of, "They are Americans and have Freedom to express their opinions." He does not resort in a bash fest with this turd. All the while, Michael Moore is Rich beyond most peoples dreams because he lives in a country where his talents are allowed to be free and uncensored. He does not get arrested or beaten or just disappear in the night because he accuses his President of treasonous acts. No he makes millions of dollars off of that. Let me see him do the same in Iran or China or North Korea or Iraq under Sadaam. If Moore treated those leaders the way he treats Bush, we wouldnt know who Michael Moore is.

Thats basically what i am saying. He is a hypocrit.

Forum List

Back