Moodys economists score the Obama and R econ plans

What did the republican party say about the meltdown just before it happened?

EVERYTHING IS FINE

that is what they said

Actually

:eusa_whistle:

That was Bawney Fwank

:eusa_shhh:

So the price of recovery is $.5T per percentage point of unemployment?
That means we only have to spend 2.5T to get to Barry's magic 8% number
:clap2:

I cannot read Tms posts thank god but as to the thread title I would say, oh so they DO have a plan?

Obama has been saying at every opportunity they didn't have a plan, had offered nothing and were just being obstructionists? :lol:

they had a plan they had made suggestions all along. he just doesn't LIKE their plan which of course is a different thing altogether.....its his usual dishonesty. *shrugs*

oh and lets remember that the house passed a budget too, the senate has not. we do not (as the 1974 budget process spells out) for the second year in a row have a budget by Oct 1 for the new federal fiscal year.

Just like the lies the left has repeated over and over the the Republicans want to take Social Security away from the old folks....

Paul Ryan said over and over that his proposal will not change Social Security one bit for
ANYONE over 50 something.The changes will affect people who are many years away from retiring.

So what does the left do....They go out and say again that republicans want to take away Social Security....

What a bunch of jackoffs...

All they know is spend,spend,spend...and find a way to tax people till there is nothing left to squeeze from people. :(

agreed.

in one of the few well done, sane interviews O'reilly has done lately he had the head of AARP on, the guy could not name one congressman who wanted to change medicare for anyone over 55....he asked him calmly, several times, gave him time to respond and he could not come up with a name or pgrm. that has been introduced that spoke to such, despite AARP advertising that medicare is going to be changed ........................ the usual mediscare scam.

...March 21, 2006 Republicans All Alone in Viewing the Economy as in Good Shape...
People's views on the economy often say more about people's politics than the economy. So rather than read economic opinions from say, Moody's experts, it makes more sense for us to have our own opinions based on what we see when we look for ourselves:
bushobam.png

hey hey hey, no fair using simple easy to parse stats.

Moody's Economist Says GOP Jobs Bill Would 'Likely Push The Economy Back Into Recession' | ThinkProgress

Moody’s Analytics estimated that Obama’s American Jobs Act would create 1.9 million jobs, grow the economy by 2 percent and cut unemployment by a percentage point. Their review of the Republicans’ plan is not nearly as favorable. In fact, the Washington Post’s Greg Sargent reports that one Moody’s economist thinks it may damage the economy even more:

But an economist I spoke to just now said there isn’t enough information in the plan to evaluate whether it could even achieve its goals as Republicans themselves have defined them. He said it won’t help the economy in the short term, and could even make matters worse.

“I don’t have enough detail to evaluate how many jobs this would create,” Gus Faucher, the director of macroeconomics at Moody’s Analytics, told me. [...]

“Should we look at regulations and make sure they make sense from a cost benefit standpoint? Certainly. Should we reduce the budget deficit over the long run? Certainly,” Faucher said. “But in the short term, demand is weak, businesses aren’t hiring, and consumers aren’t spending. That’s the cause of the current weakness — and Republican Senate proposals aren’t going to address that in the short term.”

Did Moody's also point out that it would cost at least 3% of GDP to get that 2% growth? I know that works in progressive math classes, but in the real world that means the impact will be a net negative.

EVERYTHING IS FINE

that is what they said

What did the Dems say? Yep. The same fucking thing... you're a lying little twit. Your username is an insult to everyone who reads your bullshit. Mindless drone. Make yourself useful.... go bomb a village in Pakistan.

I cannot read Tms posts thank god but as to the thread title I would say, oh so they DO have a plan?

Obama has been saying at every opportunity they didn't have a plan, had offered nothing and were just being obstructionists? :lol:

they had a plan they had made suggestions all along. he just doesn't LIKE their plan which of course is a different thing altogether.....its his usual dishonesty. *shrugs*

oh and lets remember that the house passed a budget too, the senate has not. we do not (as the 1974 budget process spells out) for the second year in a row have a budget by Oct 1 for the new federal fiscal year.

You are so partisan you dont want to read what is said yet you insist on being ignorant and commenting on what you havent even read?

Do you have any idea just how stupid that makes you look?

:lol::lol:

Pots should not call kettles black, you partisan hack.

I recall McCain saying before the election that our financial institutions were solid are weren't about to crumble...I'm sure he was trying to give confidence to the American people that we would be able to get through what may lie ahead...

I guess his crystal ball was out of order that day or he would have used it I'm sure...

And through all this I don't recall ever hearing any Republican say they thought the economy was great.

I recall McCain saying before the election that our financial institutions were solid are weren't about to crumble...I'm sure he was trying to give confidence to the American people that we would be able to get through what may lie ahead...

I guess his crystal ball was out of order that day or he would have used it I'm sure...

And through all this I don't recall ever hearing any Republican say they thought the economy was great.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Yv7jT0TX0]Inside Look: Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac - YouTube[/ame]

1:07

:eusa_shhh:

...March 21, 2006 Republicans All Alone in Viewing the Economy as in Good Shape...
People's views on the economy often say more about people's politics than the economy. So rather than read economic opinions from say, Moody's experts, it makes more sense for us to have our own opinions based on what we see when we look for ourselves:
bushobam.png

So your just going to pretend Obama wasnt handed a shitstorm caused by Bush?

The republicans thought EVERYTHING was just fine right before the economy crashed.

Now you want to be the ones to create the plan?

EVERYTHING IS FINE

that is what they said

What did the Dems say? Yep. The same fucking thing... you're a lying little twit. Your username is an insult to everyone who reads your bullshit. Mindless drone. Make yourself useful.... go bomb a village in Pakistan.
Lulz were had. :lol:

It looks like Obama may soon be bombing villages in Africa!

bushobam.png

The republicans thought EVERYTHING was just fine right before the economy crashed.

Poor, poor Obama, everyone picks on him. It won't wash because all presidents start with a mess to clean up:
--Reagan had Carter's double digit unemployment plus inflation that was far worse than what Obama got. Reagan cut taxes and Obama didn't.

--Clinton got handed an S&L crisis that was far worse than the real estate mess Obama got and Clinton immediately signed trade agreements and Obama shelved them.

--W. Bush got handed a dot.com bust plus a 9/11 mess that was far worse than what Obama got and Bush cut taxes and halted aggression. Obama cut defense and snuck through Obamacare.
The problem is policy, not politics

bushobam.png

The shit storm was helped along by Democrats who wanted nothing to do with the problems at Freddie and Fannie.....

The Republicans and everyone else didn't know 2 years in advance that this was coming.
Can you tell me what you are doing October 16 2013 and how much money to the penny you will have in your checking account.

Obama is President and the Dems have the Senate...Any idea when we might have a budget from them....any idea....? Get back to us on that ok? :lol:

Well the last time Conservative ran things, unemployment dropped from 12% down to 4% in 18 months.

What did the Moody's economist have to say in 2007 about the 2008 financial market melt-down?

:eusa_hand:

Only a Truthmatters gives any credability to a Moody's economist predictions.

Warnings, but not dire enough...

The Dismal Scientist: Economist Biographies

Dec 24, 2007 U.S. Macro Outlook 2008: Shock Waves Dec 11, 2007 FOMC Decision: Less Now, More Later Dec 06, 2007 A Step Behind Nov 20, 2007 The Look and Feel of a Recession Nov 07, 2007 U.S. Macro Outlook: Still Moving, but Vulnerable Oct 30, 2007 FOMC: Dancing with the Markets Oct 15, 2007 The Mortgage Morass Continues Oct 11, 2007 U.S. Macro Outlook: Recession Risks Abate Sep 20, 2007 A Good Week Sep 15, 2007 FOMC: What They'll Do, What They'll Say Sep 10, 2007 U.S. Macro Outlook: Very Near Recession Sep 07, 2007 Jobs Report Shows Expansion at Risk Aug 27, 2007 On High Alert Aug 22, 2007 Where are the Regulators? Aug 20, 2007 The Fed Has More Work to Do Aug 13, 2007 Investor Fears Infect Business Psyches Aug 09, 2007 Keeping the Faith Aug 08, 2007 U.S. Macro Outlook: Fragile, Handle with Care Aug 06, 2007 Writing the FOMC's Script: A Delicate Balance Jul 30, 2007 Investors Reconsider Risk Jul 11, 2007 Moody's Economy.com U.S. Macro Outlook Jun 26, 2007 What the FOMC Will Say

The shit storm was helped along by Democrats who wanted nothing to do with the problems at Freddie and Fannie.....

The Republicans and everyone else didn't know 2 years in advance that this was coming.
Can you tell me what you are doing October 16 2013 and how much money to the penny you will have in your checking account.

Obama is President and the Dems have the Senate...Any idea when we might have a budget from them....any idea....? Get back to us on that ok? :lol:

Okay, hears the real culprits on Freddie and Fannie. Hearing in Congress (video):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs]Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis - YouTube[/ame]

how I wish the republican party would find some ideas that might work

they can't.

Ideas that work for the nation as a whole do not work for their masters.

Dems cannot either ... for EXACTLY the same reason.

That's why their propagandists spend so much time highlighting the MINOR differences in policy decisions between these two so-called parties..
To obfuscate their enormous similarities.

If you had read the link you would have realised that was a link from the past.

in 2005 all of you were claiming things were just fine while the rest of the world was seeing the mess coming.

You presided over the building of the mess. did nothing to avert, claimed it was all political attacks and were proven completely wrong.

Then you crashed it and had to bail out the banks to keep us out of a depression and insisted on the banks having NO caveots on the money.

Now you fools think you should be given the levers of power again.

Only tea party people are that blind and foolish

Forum List

Back