"Moo!"

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
:cow:
If life everywhere is as cheap as it has been on Earth, if Living Planets are a dime a dozen and Sentient Worlds are as common as cows, so what if we blow ourselves to hell? Who is going to give a fuck? But right now the only guarantee is that there is only one... what if wet rocks like Earth ARE rare. What if we're unique? :eek:

Are you proud of

Yourself?

Your Kin Folk?

Your Religion?

How about Religious History?
Your Race?

Your Nation?

Your Species?

Your History?
What if life IS cheap and Living Planets litter the cosmos like plankton bobbing on a warm ocean and Sentient Worlds are as common as boners in high school? Does that change what you want for your spawn?

"What will you have them to say about you in 1,000 years, Cesar, that you were a slayer of men and a winner of contests, or a builder of playgrounds, safety for the children of your children?"

:cow:

I've dug a small canal in my back yard and want to fill it with "time capsules".
(What's the worst way to store toxic chemicals? I'll see if I can find anyone who worked for the the Hooker Chemical Company, they might know).

I've dug a small canal in my back yard and want to fill it with "time capsules".
(What's the worst way to store toxic chemicals? I'll see if I can find anyone who worked for the the Hooker Chemical Company, they might know).

:eusa_shifty: Pssssst! I know where you can post a message to the future!

This O/P sounds like an indictment. I suppose it is... and we, as a species SHOULD be ashamed, but there is also so much for Earthlings to be proud of that shouldn't be lost on any subsequent discussion.

'Politics' suck but life is cool and, especially considering the known alternatives, here and now are a fine time and place to be spending my life sentence.

Air Conditioning and The Internet Rock! :rock:

:eusa_think: if I live long enough, I may just get to see Momma's Little Bastards begin their reach for the stars.

The world impoverishes itself by spending $1 trillion a year on preparations for war. And employing perhaps half the scientists and high technologists on the planet in military endeavors.

How would we explain all this to a dispassionate extraterrestrial observer? What account would we give of our stewardship of the planet Earth?

We have heard the rationales offered by the superpowers. We know who speaks for the nations. But who speaks for the human species? Who speaks for Earth?

From an extraterrestrial perspective, our global civilization is clearly on the edge of failure in the most important task it faces: preserving the lives and well-being of its citizens and the future habitability of the planet.

But if we’re willing to live with the growing likelihood of nuclear war shouldn’t we also be willing to explore vigorously every possible means to prevent nuclear war? Shouldn’t we consider in every nation major changes in the traditional ways of doing things? A fundamental restructuring of economic, political, social and religious institutions?

-Carl Sagan

Always had a soft spot for that little speech.

We are noting but micro-organisms living on a clump of mud stuck on the bottom of someone's shoe. Everytime they raise their foot to walk, we see light. When they step down - darkness. Sooner or later they will stop to change their shoe and we will be fucked. Hope they are careful where they walk. Once they stepped into a mud puddle and it flooded our world and damn near wiped out everything on our clump of mud.

Forum List

Back