Monumental failure of liberal policy

"As the NRA pointed out last week, the FBI has preliminarily reported a four percent drop in the number of violent crimes from 2010 to 2011, the 18th drop in the last 20 years. Violent crime is now at about a 41-year low.

Washington Times*reporter Emily Miller*asked*the NRA and the Brady Campaign for their opinions about the trend. The NRA responded that crime has decreased as the number of Right-to-Carry states has risen to an all-time high.

However, Miller noted, "The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence did not respond to requests for comment." Miller added, "Gun‑control advocates are noticeably silent when crime rates decline. Their multimillion‑dollar lobbying efforts are designed to manufacture mass anxiety that every gun owner is a potential killer. The statistics show otherwise."

NRA-ILA | Brady Campaign's Silence is Golden

You are overreaching with cause and effect. Right wingers always find "facts" they think bolsters their zany positions. However, those facts NEVER stand up to scrutiny.

So you think that the FBI statistics are wrong?

You can start by factoring out of the 'violent crime' statistics,

1. all of the violent crime that did not involve guns.

2. almost all of the gang warfare type violent crime, i.e., gang members shooting each other.

CaféAuLait;5504011 said:
I'm going O/T a bit, but your thread reminded me of that little 14 year old boy who saved his little brother's and sisters lives today, (aged 8, 10 and 12) after an armed intruder broke down their front door. The boy grabbed his fathers gun and shot the intruder.

14-year-old Phoenix boy shoots, nearly kills armed intruder

14-year-old Phoenix boy shoots, critically wounds armed intruder

Who knows what would have happened if he had not loaded his father weapon and fired.

So what do you think about the thousands of children who have accidentally killed themselves or a friend with their father's weapon?

t Ihink that the owners of the weapons should be in jail. It is the responsibility of gun owner to control the use of their guns. I have had guns for 61 years and no ONE crime or accitdent has been comitted with them. When my grandkids come my pistol is locked up, unless a 6 year old has learned to run a cutting torch he can't get to it.

CaféAuLait;5504011 said:
I'm going O/T a bit, but your thread reminded me of that little 14 year old boy who saved his little brother's and sisters lives today, (aged 8, 10 and 12) after an armed intruder broke down their front door. The boy grabbed his fathers gun and shot the intruder.

14-year-old Phoenix boy shoots, nearly kills armed intruder

14-year-old Phoenix boy shoots, critically wounds armed intruder

Who knows what would have happened if he had not loaded his father weapon and fired.

So what do you think about the thousands of children who have accidentally killed themselves or a friend with their father's weapon?

t Ihink that the owners of the weapons should be in jail. It is the responsibility of gun owner to control the use of their guns. I have had guns for 61 years and no ONE crime or accitdent has been comitted with them. When my grandkids come my pistol is locked up, unless a 6 year old has learned to run a cutting torch he can't get to it.

But how do you feel about the parent who in the post had his gun accessible to his minor children, one of which was under the age of 10? Yes... the gun was used to defend them, but home invasion is incredibly rare compared to the number of parents who leave their guns accessible.

My point to the poster was, you can't just go around parading guns as the answer because some children might use them to defend against a home intruder, particularly when there are far more instances of accessible guns being used in a way that ends in tragedy.

I didn't see any condemnation of the parent, when in fact there should be both praise to the kid and condemnation to the parent, especially if that condemnation is extended to other parents who do not have their firearms used in such a way.

Last edited:
Not if the entire society is unarmed.

Yeah right...Hey genius, if tomorrow the federal government enacted a law banning private gun ownership, do you think the criminals would simply obey the law?
Newsflash...THEY ARE CRIMINALS...
If a criminal knew that if they broke into a home and knew the people people were inside unarmed and unable to stop the criminal, do you think the criminal would take a moments hesitation before entering? Of course not. The criminal would walk in, announce HE had a gun and was there to take anything he wanted.
Right now, if that criminal decides to pay me an unannounced visit I can blow a tunnel though his head.

Idjit! Where id I say anything about banning guns?

I just said if the entire society was unarmed, or unteehed as the case may be :)
I made no mention of how they got unarmed or if they had never been armed in the first place.

Waah! They are gonna take my guns away!
Cut the bullshit.

Yeah right...Hey genius, if tomorrow the federal government enacted a law banning private gun ownership, do you think the criminals would simply obey the law?
Newsflash...THEY ARE CRIMINALS...
If a criminal knew that if they broke into a home and knew the people people were inside unarmed and unable to stop the criminal, do you think the criminal would take a moments hesitation before entering? Of course not. The criminal would walk in, announce HE had a gun and was there to take anything he wanted.
Right now, if that criminal decides to pay me an unannounced visit I can blow a tunnel though his head.

Idjit! Where id I say anything about banning guns?

I just said if the entire society was unarmed, or unteehed as the case may be :)
I made no mention of how they got unarmed or if they had never been armed in the first place.

Waah! They are gonna take my guns away!
Cut the bullshit.

The whole board would go silent if the 'cut the bullshit' rule was enforced.

There's no demonstrable cause and effect at work here, so until the OP or anyone else provides that,

there's nothing of significance here.

So until you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are not a serial killer, we can keep you incarcerated?

Only the fucking idiot liberal will disregard concrete facts and imply that they mean nothing. When people are armed, crime goes down. It really is just that fucking simple, stupid...

I suppose there is no "correlation" between the fact that guns are strictly forbidden at high schools and colleges, and that's where all of the rampage shootings now occur? Keep talking, stupid... Funny how criminals hate the police on such a serious level, yet none of them EVER walk into a police station and go on a rampage shooting. Mmmm, could it be that's because they know a police station is filled with well armed, well trained individuals who will kill them instantly? Let me guess stupid - there is no "correlation" there either? :lol:

Forum List

Back