Monty Python star Terry Jones dies aged 77

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
from the press:

"We have all lost a kind, funny, warm, creative and truly loving man whose uncompromising individuality, relentless intellect and extraordinary humour has given pleasure to countless millions across six decades."⁠
The family of Terry Jones, in a statement announcing that the Monty Python star, film director and historian, has died aged 77.⁠
"We lived in the presence of an extraordinarily talented, playful and happy man living a truly authentic life, in his words 'Lovingly frosted with glucose.'"

Terry Jones, Monty Python Star, Dies Aged 77 | HuffPost

The Python skits were a combination of "Three Stooge" slapstick with a hard edge that was more creepy than funny. The screeching female impersonations would send a chill up your spine. I still don't get it.

I just found out today that Terry Jones, an original member of the comedy group, Monty Python, passed away January 21st. He was an important part of the group. He was a very funny actor, wrote a lot for them and also directed Monty Python's The Life Of Brian. He will be missed by many.

I just found out today that Terry Jones, an original member of the comedy group, Monty Python, passed away January 21st. He was an important part of the group. He was a very funny actor, wrote a lot for them and also directed Monty Python's The Life Of Brian. He will be missed by many.

I remember watching Life of Brian at college in the early 80's. I was hooked after that.

So in his honor, I have built a large wooden badger. :)

We know, or at least I did.

He was an excellent roll player for the last untainted humor we have ever known.

It was hilarious in its absurdity.

I remember watching Life of Brian at college in the early 80's. I was hooked after that.

So in his honor, I have built a large wooden badger. :)

The world can definitely use more wooden badgers.

RIP Terry. That group behind that show were generally excellent, and their movies were pretty good. They all helped up the game for comedy in that era.

I have every episode of MPFC... they never get old.
I have a funny story about Monty Python's TV series. Years ago I started having severe acid reflux. I didn't know it WAS that at the time. So I checked out The Best of Graham Chapman from my local library, which was part of a series in which each Python member was highlighted. I got this to watch at home, thinking laughter would help with my pain. After watching for about 20 minutes or so I had to stop watching because I was laughing so much it made the reflux feel worse! I found out that Monty Python can be so funny, it's painful. But painful in a good way.

Forum List

Back