Montana Supreme Court Slaps Down Citizens United

You weren't talking about DaGoose. You were talking about The Left:

Is DaGoose The Left? You're always calling me a Leftist, and a Liberal. But I don't want money in politics.

So, are you wrong about The Left? Are you wrong about DaGoose? Or are you wrong about me?

We all know you are wrong about something - new year, same daveman bullshit.
Goosey said I'm not wrong. He wants to keep union money in politics.

And congratulations to you. You've made a small effort to think for yourself. Was it painful?

Oh, and still waiting for an article by a liberal condemning union donations.

Why would a liberal condemn something that helps protect the average working man?
Synthia thinks I'm wrong about the left wanting union money in politics. I'd like some proof.

You don't think he'll pony up. I don't, either.

Attention DAVEY........

Sorry to burst your bubble of infinite wisdom but my Union does not only donate to democrats.

And if companys and corporations are able to use their money to buy elections (to get rid of worker protection laws) then Unions should have the right to donate money to stop their assault on worker rights. See how it works? What's good for the "Goose" is good for the "Gander".

If corporations stopped buying elections then there wouldn't be any need for Unions to donate money, right?

C'mon Davy. I'm awaiting an answer. But I doubt I'll get one.
Oh, sorry, passed this one by. Weird part is I referenced it in a reply to Synthia. :eusa_whistle:

Prepare to be amazed: I pretty much agree. If unions can donate, corporations can, too, and vice versa.

The "If corporations stopped buying elections" union propaganda is horseshit, of course. Unions spend billions on campaigns and lobbying.

How about "if corporations can donate, unions can too"? Corporations have been around and controlled politics longer than unions. Just ask John D. Rockefeller who manipulated laws and worker rights to maximize his profits leading to the rise of labor unions.

Yes, corporations buy elections and control politics through the massive ampounts of money they throw in it. And it still goes on today. Just ask Governor Walker and the Koch brothers. So no, it's NOT "Union Propaganda", it's hard fact.

C'mon Davy. I'm awaiting an answer. But I doubt I'll get one.
Oh, sorry, passed this one by. Weird part is I referenced it in a reply to Synthia. :eusa_whistle:

Prepare to be amazed: I pretty much agree. If unions can donate, corporations can, too, and vice versa.

The "If corporations stopped buying elections" union propaganda is horseshit, of course. Unions spend billions on campaigns and lobbying.

How about "if corporations can donate, unions can too"? Corporations have been around and controlled politics longer than unions. Just ask John D. Rockefeller who manipulated laws and worker rights to maximize his profits leading to the rise of labor unions.
"If unions can donate, corporations can, too, and vice versa."
Yes, corporations buy elections and control politics through the massive ampounts of money they throw in it. And it still goes on today. Just ask Governor Walker and the Koch brothers. So no, it's NOT "Union Propaganda", it's hard fact.
Ahhh. So the billions corporations donate is evil and horrible and subverts the democratic process, but the billions unions donate is good and righteous and holy and necessary to the survival of the Republic.

Nope, no union propaganda here, citizen. Move along, move along.

Which people?

Their sizable K street lobbyist population.
K Street is in DC, not Helena, dipschitt.

203 K St, Helena, MT 59601 - Zillow

LOL, of course we all know what "K St." in The District represents. You're the only one too dense to understand the sarcasm of "K St" in in the post; and, too dumb to check to make sure there isn't a K St. in Helena. There is and on Zillow you can buy the 3 & 1 home for only $173,200

Maddow_Unions_Funding.jpg

This is from the Center For Responsive Politics, AKA OpenSecrets.org: Money in Politics -- See Who's Giving & Who's Getting

Unions the only competition Republicans have in electoral politics.

Post Citizens United, Conservatives look at this and they smell blood. Compare it to 2008, they have knocked the Unions down to 6th and 7th place.
Without Unions essentially ALL of the "Big Money' in Politics would be Right Wing Money. ALL of it. That is not hyperbole. ALL of it.
Unions are the only players -- they are the only 'fish' of any size on the Liberal side.

LINK

Ahhh. So the billions corporations donate is evil and horrible and subverts the democratic process, but the billions unions donate is good and righteous and holy and necessary to the survival of the Republic.

Corporate donations look to scale back regulations, cut taxes and roll back worker protection laws such as minimum wage and safety. Union donations look to strengthen worker pay and safety laws.

These are facts, not propaganda. Had you spent your life working in the private sector you would probably understand that.

The Citizens United decision was a travesty against humankind.

Good for the state of Montana for recognizing that fact.

As a person born in Montana, as well as a legal resident during my entire career in the Navy, I'm very glad this is happening.

Corporations are NOT people.

Correct & money is not free speech.

The thing is we do not have free speech in this country. You can't just say anything to a cop, judge or public official without losing your freedom. Things you say can & will be used against you. Things you say will not exonerate you. The media can suppress speech, slant coverage, edit speech & events to attract viewers or if it is paid to do so. You can't yell fire in a crowded theater. You can't speak loudly during quiet hours in most cities. Now that Obama signed the NDAA bill into law we have even fewer rights than before. Speak against the government & you can be labeled a terrorist, arrested, tortured, killed & vanish with no warrant trial or rights.

Freedom of speech is a myth like Santa Clause & the Easter Bunny.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tr1HtdrjsQ"]FBI Secret Files & Dead People[/ame]

Last edited:
Maddow_Unions_Funding.jpg

This is from the Center For Responsive Politics, AKA OpenSecrets.org: Money in Politics -- See Who's Giving & Who's Getting

Unions the only competition Republicans have in electoral politics.

Post Citizens United, Conservatives look at this and they smell blood. Compare it to 2008, they have knocked the Unions down to 6th and 7th place.
Without Unions essentially ALL of the "Big Money' in Politics would be Right Wing Money. ALL of it. That is not hyperbole. ALL of it.
Unions are the only players -- they are the only 'fish' of any size on the Liberal side.

LINK

Rachel and DailyKOS are misleading you. Sucker.

Let's look at the top donors from 1989-2012:

2mr8vte.gif

Corporate donations look to scale back regulations, cut taxes and roll back worker protection laws such as minimum wage and safety. Union donations look to strengthen worker pay and safety laws.

These are facts, not propaganda. Had you spent your life working in the private sector you would probably understand that.
Again, you prove my point. Good union drone.

Anybody stupid enough to think that both parties aren't first and foremost defenders of BIG CAPITAL needs to take a look at what happened when BIG CAPITAL broke capitalism in 2007.

Both administrations (Bush II's and Obama's) have fallen all over themselves SAVING BIG CAPITAL BANKS from their own excesses.

Grow up, people.

Educate yourselves.

SEATTLE - Montana has engaged in a long, slow dance between corporations and politicians through much of its history. The free-spending audacity of the copper kings during the early 20th century - when the Anaconda Co. controlled judges, legislators and newspapers, and business magnate W.A. Clark bought himself a seat in the U.S. Senate - are the stuff of Western lore.

In an attempt to fight back, Montana voters in 1912 passed an initiative barring direct corporate contributions to political candidates and parties, a law that like those in many states across the country was undone by the U.S. Supreme Court's controversial decision in 2010 that gave corporations the same First Amendment rights as citizens to spend their way into the nation's political debates.

It seems that the citizens of Montana have dealt with corporate corruption in the last millennium and understood it completely.
Now, Rick Santorum comes out and makes a decree that everyone should watch out for the influence of money in the election. What a wonderful dichotomy we have in electing our officials now with the advent of citizens united.

Read more at: Court opinion takes aim at Citizens United

New Topics

Forum List

Back