Monroe Doctrine Revised....

The problem is how hyper-sensitive some of you people are. If Chavez says something bad about our president or our country you should shrug your shoulders and not give a damn, rather than freaking out and demanding more warmongering (since that's gone so well for us in the last decade).

The method I laid out in my first post is 100%, if you're worried about the one in a million chance the missile miss-fires than just fire 2,3,4, 20 missiles at it.

Why bloodthirsty warmongering has become the 1st option when so many other common sense options exist is beyond me.

The problem is how hyper-sensitive some of you people are. If Chavez says something bad about our president or our country you should shrug your shoulders and not give a damn, rather than freaking out and demanding more warmongering (since that's gone so well for us in the last decade).

The method I laid out in my first post is 100%, if you're worried about the one in a million chance the missile miss-fires than just fire 2,3,4, 20 missiles at it.

Why bloodthirsty warmongering has become the 1st option when so many other common sense options exist is beyond me.

Your right....if Chaves does SAY something bad about any president....we should shrug our shoulders and not give a damn.
But, for two countries collaborating that are not our friends, and one of the two attaining nuclear status? Hmmm, I wonder what JFK would say?
By the way, your 1 in a million miss is so far off. You should have been there, it was fairly common, at the time they weren't even hitting 50%, but don't let that enter into the mix. I can only hope it's better by now.....but it was less than 10 years ago when the testing was done.

A president has no Constitutional power to declare war. He does however have the power to wage war as Commander in Chief and inherent in that power is the freedom to strike against any foreign object when he deems it necessary.

Thank you, that is the liberal reading I have heard.

So in effect, the President can not declare war on Canada but he can tell our troops to cross the border and blow things up.

Effectively how is that different from a declaration on war?

Why do you think the "declare war" part was not included in the President's powers then?

"On at least 125 occasions, the President has acted without prior express military authorization from Congress.[12] These include instances in which the United States fought in Korea in 1950, the Philippine-American War from 1898–1903, in Nicaragua in 1927, as well as the NATO bombing campaign of Yugoslavia in 1999.

The United States' longest war was fought between approximately 1840 and 1886 against the Apache Nation. During that entire 46-year period, there were never more than 90 days of peace.[citation needed]

The Indian Wars comprise at least 28 conflicts and engagements. These began with Europeans immigration to North America, long before the establishment of the United States. For the purpose of this discussion, the Indian Wars are defined as conflicts with the United States of America. They begin as one front in the American Revolutionary War in 1775 and had concluded by 1918. The US Army still maintains a campaign streamer for Pine Ridge 1890-1891 despite opposition from certain Native American groups.[13]

The American Civil War was not an international conflict under the laws of war, because the Confederate States of America was not a government that had been granted full diplomatic recognition as a sovereign nation. The CSA was recognized as a belligerent power, a different status of recognition that authorized Confederate warships to visit non-U.S. ports. This recognition of the CSA's status as a belligerent power did not impose any duty upon the United States to recognize the sovereignty of the Confederacy, and the United States never did so."
Declaration of war by the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting how folks like you fail to see it from the American side....

...isn't the positioning of offensive missiles by Iran/Venezuela the " the 1st option of bloodthirsty warmongering..."?

Jeanne Kirkpatrick had you pegged.

...isn't the positioning of offensive missiles by Iran/Venezuela the " the 1st option of bloodthirsty warmongering..."?

I see, so since Iran is doing something you'd label as warmongering, you want us to be more like them?

Meister we're raining cruise missiles all over Libyan's heads, I'm quite confident we have enough of them or a similar missile to make sure all of them missing is an impossibility.

Let's also deal with another common sense aspect of this, what's the likelihood of them launching one? I'd say zero.

Let's calm down, no need for a knee jerk emotion-based reaction, it's not a big deal.

I see, so since Iran is doing something you'd label as warmongering, you want us to be more like them?

Meister we're raining cruise missiles all over Libyan's heads, I'm quite confident we have enough of them or a similar missile to make sure all of them missing is an impossibility.

Let's also deal with another common sense aspect of this, what's the likelihood of them launching one? I'd say zero.

Let's calm down, no need for a knee jerk emotion-based reaction, it's not a big deal.

Based on your geopolitical attitudes, for the life of me, I can't understand why you are wasting your time on the USMB, when you, clearly, should be running an agency of the Obama administration.

No, I want the admistration of the United States of America to, first and foremost, look out for the people of the United States of America.

In this case, that would be an immediate demand that no nation in missile range of our hemisphere or our interests, have or be in the process of installing said missiles.

An American administration, or one with the interests of America at the least, should begin to announce plans, steps, options that it will take if the deconstruction in not immediately instituted.

Last edited:

Based on your geopolitical attitudes, for the life of me, I can't understand why you are wasting your time on the USMB, when you, clearly, should be running an agency of the Obama administration.

No, I want the admistration of the United States of America to, first and foremost, look out for the people of the United States of America.

In this case, that would be an immediate demand that no nation in missile range of our mainland or our interests, have or be in the process of installing said missiles.

An American administration, or one with the interests of America at the least, should begin to announce plans, steps, options that it will take if the deconstruction in not immediately instituted.

Your perceptions of Obama's foreign policy are 100% wrong, he's a warmonger like Bush.

Unlike Obama, I'm anti-warmongering, you and Obama have the same idea of what our foreign policy should be, I have the opposite view.

In this case, that would be an immediate demand that no nation in missile range of our mainland or our interests, have or be in the process of installing said missiles.

Your perceptions of Obama's foreign policy are 100% wrong, he's a warmonger like Bush.

Unlike Obama, I'm anti-warmongering, you and Obama have the same idea of what our foreign policy should be, I have the opposite view.

I'm glad we are clear about your 'can't we all just get along' view of the world, but, as far as my 'perceptions of Obama's foreign policy,' that remains to be seen, does it not?

What will you say if the President allows the missile sites to go forward?

I'm glad we are clear about your 'can't we all just get along' view of the world, but, as far as my 'perceptions of Obama's foreign policy,' that remains to be seen, does it not?

Again, 100% wrong, of course there's gonna be countries that don't like us. Just as obvious as that fact is that we could stop however many missiles they want to fire very very easily. Sorry, I guess I have more confidence in our military and their weaponry than you do.

I'll shrug my shoulders and not give a damn, it's not his determination to "allow" it or not. Despite our best efforts, we aren't the world's hall monitor and we suck at it when we try.

His foreign policy doesn't remain to be seen, his proven in Libya that the diplomacy drivel he talked about on the campaign trail is meaningless and that he's more than willing to (like Bush) attack a country that has absolutely zero chance of launching an offensive against us.

Again, 100% wrong, of course there's gonna be countries that don't like us. Just as obvious as that fact is that we could stop however many missiles they want to fire very very easily. Sorry, I guess I have more confidence in our military and their weaponry than you do.

I'll shrug my shoulders and not give a damn, it's not his determination to "allow" it or not. Despite our best efforts, we aren't the world's hall monitor and we suck at it when we try.

His foreign policy doesn't remain to be seen, his proven in Libya that the diplomacy drivel he talked about on the campaign trail is meaningless and that he's more than willing to (like Bush) attack a country that has absolutely zero chance of launching an offensive against us.

You are a silly fellow.

Charmingly puerile, but silly.

I've frequently wondered what portion of the Left's support comes from persons like yourself, who have an understanding of history and human nature no deeper than a skillet, and an intellect that can only be considered argillaceous.

On the good side, it, I am certain, allows you to be happily oblivious. Be well.

You are a silly fellow.

Charmingly puerile, but silly.

I've frequently wondered what portion of the Left's support comes from persons like yourself, who have an understanding of history and human nature no deeper than a skillet, and an intellect that can only be considered argillaceous.

On the good side, it, I am certain, allows you to be happily oblivious. Be well.

Continue living in your candy house on gumdrop lane, riding your unicorn to work in your fantasy world where you think you're a conservative and I'm a liberal.

I'm absolutely 100% certain you agree with Obama more than I do. No doubt about it.

Quick reminder; being against an aggressive foreign policy and wanting us to do things we can actually afford financially are conservative virtues, your virtues are what neocon republicans have convinced you are "conservative."

Keep thinking things like the War in Iraq, War in Afghanistan, War in Libya, your hopeful War with Iran actually do any good. It really is helping our country financially and defensively.

:cuckoo:

A president has no Constitutional power to declare war. He does however have the power to wage war as Commander in Chief and inherent in that power is the freedom to strike against any foreign object when he deems it necessary.

Thank you, that is the liberal reading I have heard.

So in effect, the President can not declare war on Canada but he can tell our troops to cross the border and blow things up.

Effectively how is that different from a declaration on war?

Why do you think the "declare war" part was not included in the President's powers then?

Hey, at least Obama went into the right country and got the right culprit.

Jr. declared a "war on terror" in Iraq, which had NOTHING to do with 9/11.

Forum List

Back