Money slated for health law gets detoured...AGAIN.

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Money slated for health law gets detoured

Congress last week axed a part of Democrats’ signature domestic achievement to find $11 billion to cover the cost of repealing a withholding tax that otherwise would have hit government contractors in 2013. Mr. Obama signed that bill into law on Monday.

The withholding bill follows two other efforts — one in December and another in April — that reworked the health care law to squeeze savings for other priorities. The December bill funded higher payments for doctors who treat Medicare patients, and the April legislation repealed a paperwork provision in the original health care law that businesses said would be onerous.

All told, Congress and the president have tapped some $50 billion earmarked to pay for benefits and programs in the health care overhaul in future years to fund more-immediate spending needs.

Money slated for health law gets detoured - Washington Times

That’s exactly why Social Security is in trouble.

The SCOTUS had better declare Health Care Reform unconstitutional. Taking money out of it for other purposes should be declared illegal, as well. What a mess.

Congress last week axed a part of Democrats’ signature domestic achievement to find $11 billion to cover the cost of repealing a withholding tax that otherwise would have hit government contractors in 2013. Mr. Obama signed that bill into law on Monday.

The withholding bill follows two other efforts — one in December and another in April — that reworked the health care law to squeeze savings for other priorities. The December bill funded higher payments for doctors who treat Medicare patients, and the April legislation repealed a paperwork provision in the original health care law that businesses said would be onerous.

All told, Congress and the president have tapped some $50 billion earmarked to pay for benefits and programs in the health care overhaul in future years to fund more-immediate spending needs.

The SCOTUS had better declare Health Care Reform unconstitutional. Taking money out of it for other purposes should be declared illegal, as well. What a mess.

Don't worry I'm sure they put an I.O.U. in there.:cuckoo:

It's hidden pretty deeply .... and no response here is telling.

It's hidden pretty deeply .... and no response here is telling.

Yeah... Selective outrage, although we could always "tax the rich" some more to makeup for it:doubt:

Forum List

Back