"Money, Power and Wall Street" - HUGE!!

I did not know one true mortgage banker, regardless of political party, that thought the Grahm legislation was a good thing. NONE.

I also find it strange that the realtors didn't suffer to much critiscism for the role they played. And it was a big one. Many shitty borrowers would have never known about a "sub prime" loan if it wasn't for the realtor sending them to a sub prime loan officer.

The list of people and industries who were complicit in this is long and wide. Politicians, bankers, brokers, mortgage companies, realtors and consumers. Everyone took advantage of the system, directly or indirectly, and the system failed to respond. While both ends of the political spectrum point the finger at the other, that's just more political noise; the villains are everywhere.

And that's why the effects are so deep and complex, and will remain so for a while. Time to pay the piper.
....And, how can anyone be expected to pay anything, while "conservatives" & Teabaggers have (so) successfully gridlocked D.C., to the point where NOTHING'S being accomplished....let-alone, exposing the hu$tle that Corporate America (and, The DICK; Armey) ran, on the dim-witted Teabaggers....who acted as human-shields for Wall $treet???!!!

321.gif

:lol: Barack Obama is Wall Street's biggest 'Human Shield.' Check out all the cash he receives from Wall Street. It actually dwarfs what George Bush & John McCain received. You just keep scribbling outside those lines with your crayons. You craaazzy. :cuckoo:

The list of people and industries who were complicit in this is long and wide. Politicians, bankers, brokers, mortgage companies, realtors and consumers. Everyone took advantage of the system, directly or indirectly, and the system failed to respond. While both ends of the political spectrum point the finger at the other, that's just more political noise; the villains are everywhere.

Probably a surprise, but I don't quite agree.

The villian was the legislation that allowed the investment bankers to enter the mortgage banking market, with no regulation or oversight.

Then when that was accomplished, all kinds of people got involved to take advantage of this new lucrative business change.

The mortgage banking industry did not have nearly the problems UNTIL this legislation was passed.
I don't know. It seems like an awful-lot of groups started using the credit-risk tools.....maybe, before they realized how labor-intensive it was, to control them.....before the whole mortgage-trip commenced.

THIS is the interview.....

You can step-thru the interview, with the tabs on-the-right.​

:lol: Barack Obama is Wall Street's biggest 'Human Shield.' Check out all the cash he receives from Wall Street. It actually dwarfs what George Bush & John McCain received. You just keep scribbling outside those lines with your crayons. You craaazzy. :cuckoo:
You're gonna have to face-the-fact your boy's goin' nowhere.

Give up.

:eusa_hand:

"Early in “Money, Power and Wall Street,” a two-night, four-hour investigation by “Frontline” into the 2008 financial crisis, former JPMorgan Chase & Co. investment bank Co-Chief Executive Officer Bill Winters recalls a 1994 staff retreat in Boca Raton, Florida.

The gathering was as boisterous as it was momentous.

“I went into the pool fully clothed,” says Winters. “So did my boss.”

More than alcohol fueled the high spirits. A team of JPMorgan bankers, all in their 20s, had just dreamed up a new insurance product for loans that would bring absurdly huge profits. Their invention of the credit default swap set in motion a path to untold riches and global crisis.

Frontline certainly isn’t the first to report the Boca Raton tale -- “Fool’s Gold” author Gillian Tett receives on- air credit -- or the “too big to fail” days of 2008. But the series’ first two hours do an exemplary job of walking viewers through a 14-year saga defined by daunting complexity."

"...exemplary job...."

:eusa_whistle:

John Corzine, another one of the Dear Leader's closest buds. Obamabots are such silly dupes. Wall Street Bankers will and have contributed heavily to Barack Obama. Check out all the cash he has already received from them in the past. The facts don't lie.

Here it IS, folks!!!

Part 1 of a GREAT documentary (shown earlier, this evening, on PBS), on the timeline of The MELTDOWN!!!!!

It starts-out with a group o' young, 20-something "cowboys" (with J.P. Morgan), who came-up with a plan to share credit-risks....with other banks.....that SNOWBALLED!!!

Part 2 ends with the meeting John McCain called....to deal with an all-too-apparent Wall Street IMPLOSION....while he suspended his Presidential campaign.

Shortly after the meeting begins, Presidential-nominee Barack Obama TOOK-OVER.....eventually, President George Bush RUNS-OUTTA-THE-ROOM....and, Presidential-nominee John McCain proceeds to utterly MELT-DOWN!!!!

.....And, the Tea Party folks are still blaming Blacks, who took-out loans they couldn't afford.

Money, Power and Wall Street

Interviews

The second all these "cowboys" from both parties got together to "fix" something, I knew we were screwed. They all knew what was going on and just kept kicking the can down the road. To blame one party for this is simply fanning the flames.

John Corzine, another one of the Dear Leader's closest buds. Obamabots are such silly dupes. Wall Street Bankers will and have contributed heavily to Barack Obama. Check out all the cash he has already received from them in the past. The facts don't lie.

"...exemplary job...."

825.gif

"...exemplary job...."

825.gif

Time for some new crayons there chimpy. They're getting pretty dull. Your guy has taken more cash from Wall Street Bankers than any other Politician in the last 20yrs. But hey, have fun living in your denial fantasy world. Whatever. :cuckoo:

Here it IS, folks!!!

Part 1 of a GREAT documentary (shown earlier, this evening, on PBS), on the timeline of The MELTDOWN!!!!!

It starts-out with a group o' young, 20-something "cowboys" (with J.P. Morgan), who came-up with a plan to share credit-risks....with other banks.....that SNOWBALLED!!!

Part 2 ends with the meeting John McCain called....to deal with an all-too-apparent Wall Street IMPLOSION....while he suspended his Presidential campaign.

Shortly after the meeting begins, Presidential-nominee Barack Obama TOOK-OVER.....eventually, President George Bush RUNS-OUTTA-THE-ROOM....and, Presidential-nominee John McCain proceeds to utterly MELT-DOWN!!!!

.....And, the Tea Party folks are still blaming Blacks, who took-out loans they couldn't afford.

Money, Power and Wall Street

Interviews

To blame one party for this is simply fanning the flames.
No doubt!

I prefer to blame......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKKvMJeBBSA]Q&A: Leslie & Andrew Cockburn - YouTube[/ame]

See: 5:00 thru 12:00

Here it IS, folks!!!

No doubt!

I prefer to blame......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKKvMJeBBSA]Q&A: Leslie & Andrew Cockburn - YouTube[/ame]

Do you also blame the people who Andrew Cockburn said made unwise purchases?

No doubt!

I prefer to blame......

If you were to watch the entire video, you'll find those "unwise purchases" were managed, that way, by the folks who were pulling-down $ERIOU$ bonuses, getting people to sign those (pre-modified) mortgages!!!!

No doubt!

I prefer to blame......

Q&A: Leslie & Andrew Cockburn - YouTube

If you were to watch the entire video, you'll find those "unwise purchases" were managed, that way, by the folks who were pulling-down $ERIOU$ bonuses, getting people to sign those (pre-modified) mortgages!!!!

Sorry but anytime someone says "they made me do it" is bullshit.

Sorry but anytime someone says "they made me do it" is bullshit.
How 'bout those folks who readily admit THEY had people sign "tweaked" mortgages??

Look.....you can try, all you like, to blame Blacks for "unwise purchases". I'm sure it'll also help (as you Teabaggers do) to avoid any-and-all facts.​

Don't be such an ill-informed Chickenshit.

I'm in the industry. My guess is that I know quite a bit more than you do about what happened, regardless of what Rachel Maddow tells you.

Well, I'm not. Just a man on the factory floor. And if people like me fixed the machinery I work on the way you fellows fixed the financial markets, nothing would run in this nation. But is it the people on the factory floor that took it in the ass, while you fellows just continued to get richer. Their should have been some people from the high levels of finance going to Federal Pens, and not the counrty clubs reserved for white collar miscreants.
Perhaps. But please, stop taking credit for being a pillar of the economy. Whether you like it or not, you and everyone else is easily replaceable.
The reason why your jobs are no longer in existence is because of your attitude and the attitude of union bosses who convinced you and the country that union (expensive and ultimately unaffordable) labor was superior.
At the end of the day, the federal government decided to involve itself in the housing market and ultimately crashed the economy.
You can spew venom against those who followed the rules set in place by the federal government and made what turned out be foolish investments. You spew because of your prejudice against those with what you consider to be excess wealth.
Well guess what? It is none of your business how much wealth any private citizen accumulates. It has no effect on you.
Spare us the "labor is God" mantra...Newsflash...It is you who have no respect for those who work and produce.

"Until today — when Occupy Wall Street activists held renewed demonstrations across the country – the movement against economic injustice that emerged with such a loud bang last summer seemed to have fallen dormant over the winter months.

But even as protests slowed down and media coverage declined, a small group of “policy wonks” within the larger movement — former bankers, business analysts, traders and hedge fund “quants” motivated by their belief that the banks wield too much power — has been quietly working within the financial system to change America’s regulatory processes.

They call themselves Occupy the SEC, and as Suzy Khimm explains in The Washington Post, they’ve slowly built an audience with some of the rulemakers and titans of finance they’re trying to influence. Khimm describes it as “one of the most surprising iterations of the free-wheeling, anarchic movement: fighting the man through the tedious and Byzantine regulatory process.”

Tonight on FRONTLINE’s final installment of Money, Power and Wall Street, you’ll hear from three of these activists who abandoned their finance careers to change Wall Street.

“I just felt like I was doing something immoral. I was taking advantage of people I don’t even know… so I ended up deciding to work for the other side,” explains Cathy O’Neil, a math-professor-turned-hedge-fund-quant-turned-Occupy-the-SEC activist."

92.gif
92.gif
92.gif
92.gif
92.gif
92.gif

Last edited:
Cannot blame Obama for this shit. Bush put it all in motiong and almost brought down the world. Now I understand why Bush is in hiding and probaly in a bottle.

Cannot blame Obama for this shit. Bush put it all in motion and almost brought down the world. Now I understand why Bush is in hiding and probaly in a bottle.

Actually, the J. P. Morgan 20-something "cowboys"......

.....and, PHIL GRAMM enhanced it with THE LEGISLATION!!!!!!

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back