Money Is An Illusion

Money Is An Illusion

So is your brain.

Maybe if I followed some cult. But I don't.

You follow the "Money is an Allusion" cult.

That isn't a cult. It is a reality. Ask anybody. They will tell you our currency is a fiat currency.
Of course it is a fiat currency, but that doesn't mean it has no value. I am about to go downstairs, give a lady $1.59 and get a large coffee in return. If I went down with monopoly money, I would get nothing.

A fiat currency has what value we allow it to have.

Wait until the currency collapses. Which at the rate things are going, it is bound to do sooner or later. Then you will basically be using monopoly money.

I'm fine with my illusion, as long as I can trade it for gas and a soda-pop.

And they could also make it so that you could have free college and universal health care without missing a beat.

And you could work at the college sweeping up the floors and cleaning the bathrooms....for free!

Or maybe you could.

You're the one whining for free college.

Put your money where your mouth is.....after all, it's only an illusion.

Money Is An Illusion

So is your brain.

That isn't a cult. It is a reality. Ask anybody. They will tell you our currency is a fiat currency.
Of course it is a fiat currency, but that doesn't mean it has no value. I am about to go downstairs, give a lady $1.59 and get a large coffee in return. If I went down with monopoly money, I would get nothing.

Wait until the currency collapses. Which at the rate things are going, it is bound to do sooner or later. Then you will basically be using monopoly money.

Which at the rate things are going, it is bound to do sooner or later.

Or never.

Or never.

That could be. After all, money IS an illusion. Would it really matter if we were 38 trillion dollars in debt instead of 19 trillion? Would it really matter if we had 122 trillion dollars worth of unfunded obligations rather than "just" 61 trillion? Or what if each year we HAD to pay 840 billion dollars just on the interest of our national debt rather than "just" 420 billion? Though just to put a little perspective on it, back when our national debt was just nearly 17 trillion dollars, a stack of bills that high would reach five times the distance of the earth to the moon.

Would it really matter if we had 122 trillion dollars worth of unfunded obligations rather than "just" 61 trillion?
yes it would matter because govt would have to collect taxes or print money to pay the debt. Do you understand???

Would it really matter if we had 122 trillion dollars worth of unfunded obligations rather than "just" 61 trillion?
yes it would matter because govt would have to collect taxes or print money to pay the debt. Do you understand???

I'm not saying that it doesn't matter. I was just countering Toddsterpatriots contention that our currency may never go "belly up."

I'm not saying that it doesn't matter. I was just countering Toddsterpatriots contention that our currency may never go "belly up."
100% chance it may never go up belly !!

Or never.

That could be. After all, money IS an illusion. Would it really matter if we were 38 trillion dollars in debt instead of 19 trillion? Would it really matter if we had 122 trillion dollars worth of unfunded obligations rather than "just" 61 trillion? Or what if each year we HAD to pay 840 billion dollars just on the interest of our national debt rather than "just" 420 billion? Though just to put a little perspective on it, back when our national debt was just nearly 17 trillion dollars, a stack of bills that high would reach five times the distance of the earth to the moon.

Would it really matter if we were 38 trillion dollars in debt instead of 19 trillion?

Yes.

No.

Or what if each year we HAD to pay 840 billion dollars just on the interest of our national debt rather than "just" 420 billion?

Or if you had to pay for your own shit, instead of whining here for others to pay for it?

Or never.

Would it really matter if we were 38 trillion dollars in debt instead of 19 trillion?

Yes.

No.

Or what if each year we HAD to pay 840 billion dollars just on the interest of our national debt rather than "just" 420 billion?

Or if you had to pay for your own shit, instead of whining here for others to pay for it?

Why would it matter if it was 19 trillion or 38 trillion. The citizens of the U.S. could never hope to pay off either. Maybe if our government sold the U.S. to China and made all American citizens Chinese citizens, China would be willing to take on the debt.

Next, why would it not matter if it was 61 trillion or 122 trillion. Next, anything I am "whining" about paying for is because of idiots like you who gave me the debt. And like it or not, YOU are paying for it too.

Or never.

Yes.

No.

Why would it matter if it was 19 trillion or 38 trillion. The citizens of the U.S. could never hope to pay off either. Maybe if our government sold the U.S. to China and made all American citizens Chinese citizens, China would be willing to take on the debt.

Next, why would it not matter if it was 61 trillion or 122 trillion. Next, anything I am "whining" about paying for is because of idiots like you who gave me the debt. And like it or not, YOU are paying for it too.

Why would it matter if it was 19 trillion or 38 trillion.

Harder to finance important things going forward.

Next, why would it not matter if it was 61 trillion or 122 trillion.

Unfunded obligation is a promise from one set of Americans to another.
They'll be paid for with higher taxes, reduced or renounced.
If they can't be paid, they won't be paid.

idiots like you who gave me the debt.

I'm not in government. It was idiots like Obama and Bush who gave it to you.
I'd cut government by 50%. You want it larger.

Or never.

Yes.

No.

No matter how bad things get here, Chinese or some other poor country will always be able to make whatever at a cheaper price. Next, out national debt is basically an unfunded obligation. Next, I will bring up something from my thread about free healthcare. At one website I was looking at, they said that if we just cut out all of the useless bureaucracy, we would save enough to outright fund free health care for around 45 million Americans. In some areas we would have to INCREASE government to make that happen.

Or never.

Yes.

No.

No matter how bad things get here, Chinese or some other poor country will always be able to make whatever at a cheaper price. Next, out national debt is basically an unfunded obligation. Next, I will bring up something from my thread about free healthcare. At one website I was looking at, they said that if we just cut out all of the useless bureaucracy, we would save enough to outright fund free health care for around 45 million Americans. In some areas we would have to INCREASE government to make that happen.

Next, out national debt is basically an unfunded obligation.

Your ignorance is both wide and deep.

Next, I will bring up something from my thread about free healthcare.

Can you see any negative consequences to having government handle all our (not free) healthcare?

they said that if we just cut out all of the useless bureaucracy, we would save enough to outright fund free health care for around 45 million Americans.

How much useless bureaucracy are you willing to cut from government?

I have heard people tell me that we can't afford free college or universal health care. They should know that our whole concept of money is just a fantasy. Our currency is fiat currency. It has no real value. Also, the U.S. is about 19 trillion dollars in debt. The last I heard, we have over 61 trillion dollars worth of unfunded obligations. Also, each year we lose anywhere from 300 billion to over 700 billion in our trade imbalance with China alone. On top of that, each year we HAVE to pay 420 billion dollars just on the interest of our national debt. But somehow, we keep going on. Why? Because the idea of money having any real value is a joke! Think about that the next time you want to cry about taxes or say that we can't afford free college or universal health care.
thank god for my piggy bank...although you say it is worthless, I still enjoy making the change jingle now and then

only way to ever fix healthcare is to get government out of it totally....gov fucked it up and can never fix it

Forum List

Back