Money Doesn't Buy Manners

When he tries to be funny, he steps in it. He's not funny. He's not personable. He's not warm. Nor will he be.

Personally, I don't give a crap. Sense of humor or warmth are just not high on my list of priorities, especially considering the shit hole we're in. But isn't there someone telling him he's not a comedian?

Don't you think that if you're running for president, the local officials are going to bring the best of what their town has to offer?

Besides, I was taught that good manners dictate that you should at least try ONE, smile and nod, and then say thank you. If you don't like them, don't eat another.

You SHOULDN'T insult the people bringing you things.
Maybe is watching his sugar intake & does not want to publicize the matter? This is as important as Obama & dog meat...................................

When I was in Tokyo our Japanese hosts wanted us to try Shirako. Look it up. And when I lived in Peru they served guinea pig. You stupid, ignorant righties have lived your whole life in the U.S and know nothing except hamburgers and Fox News.

When he tries to be funny, he steps in it. He's not funny. He's not personable. He's not warm. Nor will he be.

Personally, I don't give a crap. Sense of humor or warmth are just not high on my list of priorities, especially considering the shit hole we're in. But isn't there someone telling him he's not a comedian?

Don't you think that if you're running for president, the local officials are going to bring the best of what their town has to offer?

Besides, I was taught that good manners dictate that you should at least try ONE, smile and nod, and then say thank you. If you don't like them, don't eat another.

Maybe is watching his sugar intake & does not want to publicize the matter? This is as important as Obama & dog meat...................................

the president being fed dog meat when he was a kid is kind of irrelevant.

and ultimately, it's not the cookies that matter... it's the fact that for someone who wants a big political office, he seems to have contempt for the process.

the process requires that you actually go to the voters and connect with them. no matter how much the romneys think "its their turn",

When I was in Tokyo our Japanese hosts wanted us to try Shirako. Look it up. And when I lived in Peru they served guinea pig. You stupid, ignorant righties have lived your whole life in the U.S and know nothing except hamburgers and Fox News.

I am not a "rightie"..............................yes, he should have taken one, maybe said..."my daughter/son______ will love this!"

that's what you're going to base your vote on? A freaking cookie remark?

That's just sad.

No humor? None?

How do you get through life? :confused:

If I thought whining about a cookie comment was funny, I'd have indicated so. It's just sad.

Now, 57 states... that was funny :rofl:

No, that was desperate!!! And you know he was tired and the comment did not hurt anyone's feelings. Also, you righties can't spell for you know what!!! But my errors get lots of attention. Hypocritical, low information voters, all of you.

Last edited:
I wonder what buys your English lessons?

I made a typo, bitch. I don't press the keys hard because I don't want to break a nail. Call a cop.

I wonder what buys your English lessons?

Meister fixed it for me. Now you can sleep tonight. :rolleyes:
:lmao:

Still quite the miserable bitch, I see.

You bring that out in me. You have the personality of a cactus plant.

No humor? None?

How do you get through life? :confused:

If I thought whining about a cookie comment was funny, I'd have indicated so. It's just sad.

No, that was desperate!!! And you know he was tired and the comment did not hurt anyone's feelings. Also, you righties can't spell for you know what!!! But my errors get lots of attention. Hypocritical, low information votes, all of you.
Tired? :lmao: I know that if I were given a Brief TBI screening after a head injury and they asked me how many states, I would get that correct. So would most.

Last edited:
I made a typo, bitch. I don't press the keys hard because I don't want to break a nail. Call a cop.

Meister fixed it for me. Now you can sleep tonight. :rolleyes:
:lmao:

Still quite the miserable bitch, I see.

You bring that out in me. You have the personality of a cactus plant.
:lol: I noticed.

Here, have a few Twinkies, that should make you feel better. They're deep fried AND a la mode, so perfect for your mid-afternoon snack.

clementes_deep_fried_twinkie.jpg

No, that was desperate!!! And you know he was tired and the comment did not hurt anyone's feelings. Also, you righties can't spell for you know what!!! But my errors get lots of attention. Hypocritical, low information votes, all of you.
Tired? :lmao: I know that if I were given a the Brief TBI screening and they asked me how many states, I would get that correct. So would most.

You know nothing of the kind, Cleo.

Tired? :lmao: I know that if I were given a the Brief TBI screening and they asked me how many states, I would get that correct. So would most.

You know nothing of the kind, Cleo.
Or, would you prefer Ho Hos?

It is Friday, and I can't recall if it's a Twinkie or Ho Ho day.

2961982487_9b50b93f4b.jpg

If he had turned down chicken perlo, he'd be in worse form. :D His comments were not gracious, that is certain.

Mitt Romney has no friggin' manners. And he wonders why people think he is out of touch.

Mitt Romney Isn

This is my favorite part of the story:

That any politician — much less one already battling a reputation for being out of touch — would ever vocalize such thoughts, in front of voters, on camera, is absolutely baffling. Who cares if it might be a cookie from 7-Eleven? Just eat the fucking cookie. Or, at the very least, don't go out of your way to insult it. But the evidence is mounting that Romney just can't help it. He has no filter, no ear for what he sounds like in the company of Normals. Which is a pretty unfortunate condition, for a presidential candidate.

HAHA!!! Really!!!

:clap2: Way to talk about the IMPORTANT issues! Lol!

Why, thank you!!! It IS an important issue. It shows exactly one of the reasons he will not win. He is an insensitive jerk. Do you get that those cookies were really important to the townfolk??? And not only did he not eat them, but he insulted them!!! Probably that's over your head, huh???

Anyone who would find this to be an important issue that would cause them not to vote for someone, is most likely someone to stoopid to read and has never actually voted in their life. But if you find it important, by all means have the van swing by and pick you up on election day. They will give you a dead registered voter's ID to use.

Candidate Mittens proves how clueless he is yet again.............

When Mitt Romney joined some Bethel Park,Pennsylvania, residents around a picnic table on April 17, the conversation was supposed to be focus on rising gasoline prices, falling home value, and other economic anxieties that make up the central theme of his presidential campaign.

But after sitting down at a table covered with cookies, chip, and lemonade, Romney focused on the snacks.

“I’m not sure about these cookies,” he said, referring to a brightly colored plate of five dozen lady locks, thumbprints and other delicacies made by a beloved local bakery.

“They don’t look like you made them,” the candidate said. “No, no. They came from the local 7-11, bakery, or whatever.”

Locals took the remark as tasteless, quickly dubbing the slight as “Co0kie-gate.”

“When I heard it, I thought, ‘Oh, my goodness. This guy has no idea how beloved this institution is that provided these cookies,’” bakery owner and president John Walsh told local ABC station WTAE. “We wanted him to be welcomed with the best in the burgh, and he had no idea.”

Romney's 'Cookie-Gate' Frosts Baker - Bloomberg

That would be like coming to Amarillo and being brought cookies from Delmar Bakery (voted Best in Amarillo several years), and asking the official if they came from 7-11.

Just shows how clueless this man is.

How rude and insulting.

These people, who are presumedly Romney supporters, put out a spread proudly offering the best the town has to offer and it was completely shot down.

Way to go Romney. You're just pissy the cookies didn't come from Dean and Deluca and served on Wedgewood.

Mitt Romney has no friggin' manners. And he wonders why people think he is out of touch.

Mitt Romney Isn

This is my favorite part of the story:

That any politician — much less one already battling a reputation for being out of touch — would ever vocalize such thoughts, in front of voters, on camera, is absolutely baffling. Who cares if it might be a cookie from 7-Eleven? Just eat the fucking cookie. Or, at the very least, don't go out of your way to insult it. But the evidence is mounting that Romney just can't help it. He has no filter, no ear for what he sounds like in the company of Normals. Which is a pretty unfortunate condition, for a presidential candidate.

HAHA!!! Really!!!

How does one insult a cookie?

You know........people who have never traveled outside of this country would look at dog meat as something strange and cruel.

However.............if you come from another country? It's practically a delicacy. Peach would do well to watch Bizzarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern.

Food around the world has a lot of different varieties, and if you're willing to be a bit daring, you just might find something that you like, but would have never tried if you were in the US.

You know........people who have never traveled outside of this country would look at dog meat as something strange and cruel.

However.............if you come from another country? It's practically a delicacy. Peach would do well to watch Bizzarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern.

Food around the world has a lot of different varieties, and if you're willing to be a bit daring, you just might find something that you like, but would have never tried if you were in the US.

I won't touch raw oysters; my bizarre tastes are limited to Chinese, I don't ASK what is in the dishes.

Forum List

Back