Money Doesn't Buy Manners

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm all in for the GOP War on Cookies (TM).

No store-bought cookies!

No store-bought cookies!

No store-bought cookies!

No store-bought cookies!

Chant for my protest tomorrow on the Mall. Who will join me?

God, you know I would - but I have to stop at the bakery and pick up three dozen cookies for my daughter's party that night.

You should have been in the kitchen baking them, woman!!

:eusa_shifty:

Oh, sir; you have no idea. I make some awesome cookies! But that takes time, of which I have none.

I read an interesting take on that (male perspective). He fixes her car, changes the oil, fixes whatever she asks him to. But he asks for one fucking sandwich ....

Got this in an e-mail....snopes has apparently checked it.....not that I believe snopes all the time.

This actually happened in the 90s - Please forward to anyone you think would be interested. Check snoops at snopes.com: Romney Business Partner Daughter Search Sometimes, this facet of Romney's personality isn't so subtle.

In July 1996, the 14-year-old daughter of Robert Gay, a partner at Bain Capital, had disappeared. She had attended a rave party in New York Cityand gotten high on ecstasy. Three days later, her distraught father had no idea where she was. Romney took immediate action. He closed down the entire firm and asked all 30 partners and employees to fly to New York to help find Gay's daughter. Romney set up a command center at the LaGuardia Marriott and hired a private detective firm to assist with the search. He established a toll-free number for tips, coordinating the effort with the NYPD, and went through his Rolodex and called everyone Bain did business with in New York, and asked them to help find his friend's missing daughter. Romney's accountants at Price Waterhouse Cooper put up posters on street poles, while cashiers at a pharmacy owned by Bain put fliers in the bag of every shopper. Romney and the other Bain employees scoured every part of New York and talked with everyone they could, prostitutes, drug addicts, anyone. That day, their hunt made the evening news, which featured photos of the girl and the Bain employees searching for her. As a result, a teenage boy phoned in, asked if there was a reward, and then hung up abruptly. The NYPD traced the call to a home in New Jersey, where they found the girl in the basement, shivering and experiencing withdrawal symptoms from a massive ecstasy dose. Doctors later said the girl might not have survived another day.

Romney's former partner credits Mitt Romney with saving his daughter?s life, saying, "It was the most amazing thing, and I'll never forget this to the day I die." So, here's my epiphany: Mitt Romney simply can't help himself. He sees a problem, and his mind immediately sets to work solving it, sometimes consciously, and sometimes not-so-consciously. He doesn't do it for self-aggrandizement, or for personal gain. He does it because that's just how he's wired. Many people are unaware of the fact that when Romney was asked by his old employer, Bill Bain, to come back to Bain & Company as CEO to rescue the firm from bankruptcy, Romney left Bain Capital to work at Bain & Company for an annual salary of one dollar. When Romney went to the rescue of the 2002 Salt Lake Olympics, he accepted no salary for three years, and wouldn't use an expense account. He also accepted no salary as Governor of Massachusetts. Character counts!! (and yes...that's worth reading again!)

Just bringing it forward.

God, you know I would - but I have to stop at the bakery and pick up three dozen cookies for my daughter's party that night.

You should have been in the kitchen baking them, woman!!

:eusa_shifty:

Oh, sir; you have no idea. I make some awesome cookies! But that takes time, of which I have none.

yeah...so I hear....cleaning house, doing the dishes and grocery shopping is a real time killer....Not to mention car pool, getting your nails done, and book club.

Candidate Mittens proves how clueless he is yet again.............

When Mitt Romney joined some Bethel Park,Pennsylvania, residents around a picnic table on April 17, the conversation was supposed to be focus on rising gasoline prices, falling home value, and other economic anxieties that make up the central theme of his presidential campaign.

But after sitting down at a table covered with cookies, chip, and lemonade, Romney focused on the snacks.

“I’m not sure about these cookies,” he said, referring to a brightly colored plate of five dozen lady locks, thumbprints and other delicacies made by a beloved local bakery.

“They don’t look like you made them,” the candidate said. “No, no. They came from the local 7-11, bakery, or whatever.”

Locals took the remark as tasteless, quickly dubbing the slight as “Co0kie-gate.”

“When I heard it, I thought, ‘Oh, my goodness. This guy has no idea how beloved this institution is that provided these cookies,’” bakery owner and president John Walsh told local ABC station WTAE. “We wanted him to be welcomed with the best in the burgh, and he had no idea.”

Romney's 'Cookie-Gate' Frosts Baker - Bloomberg

That would be like coming to Amarillo and being brought cookies from Delmar Bakery (voted Best in Amarillo several years), and asking the official if they came from 7-11.

Just shows how clueless this man is.

Mitt Romney has no friggin' manners. And he wonders why people think he is out of touch.

Mitt Romney Isn

This is my favorite part of the story:

That any politician — much less one already battling a reputation for being out of touch — would ever vocalize such thoughts, in front of voters, on camera, is absolutely baffling. Who cares if it might be a cookie from 7-Eleven? Just eat the fucking cookie. Or, at the very least, don't go out of your way to insult it. But the evidence is mounting that Romney just can't help it. He has no filter, no ear for what he sounds like in the company of Normals. Which is a pretty unfortunate condition, for a presidential candidate.

HAHA!!! Really!!!

:clap2: Way to talk about the IMPORTANT issues! Lol!

Why, thank you!!! It IS an important issue. It shows exactly one of the reasons he will not win. He is an insensitive jerk. Do you get that those cookies were really important to the townfolk??? And not only did he not eat them, but he insulted them!!! Probably that's over your head, huh???

When he tries to be funny, he steps in it. He's not funny. He's not personable. He's not warm. Nor will he be.

Personally, I don't give a crap. Sense of humor or warmth are just not high on my list of priorities, especially considering the shit hole we're in. But isn't there someone telling him he's not a comedian?

When he tries to be funny, he steps in it. He's not funny. He's not personable. He's not warm. Nor will he be.

Personally, I don't give a crap. Sense of humor or warmth are just not high on my list of priorities, especially considering the shit hole we're in. But isn't there someone telling him he's not a comedian?

Don't you think that if you're running for president, the local officials are going to bring the best of what their town has to offer?

Besides, I was taught that good manners dictate that you should at least try ONE, smile and nod, and then say thank you. If you don't like them, don't eat another.

You SHOULDN'T insult the people bringing you things.

Honey, you know as well as I do that when you're that wealthy people only tell you what you want to hear.

Candidate Mittens proves how clueless he is yet again.............

When Mitt Romney joined some Bethel Park,Pennsylvania, residents around a picnic table on April 17, the conversation was supposed to be focus on rising gasoline prices, falling home value, and other economic anxieties that make up the central theme of his presidential campaign.

But after sitting down at a table covered with cookies, chip, and lemonade, Romney focused on the snacks.

“I’m not sure about these cookies,” he said, referring to a brightly colored plate of five dozen lady locks, thumbprints and other delicacies made by a beloved local bakery.

“They don’t look like you made them,” the candidate said. “No, no. They came from the local 7-11, bakery, or whatever.”

Locals took the remark as tasteless, quickly dubbing the slight as “Co0kie-gate.”

“When I heard it, I thought, ‘Oh, my goodness. This guy has no idea how beloved this institution is that provided these cookies,’” bakery owner and president John Walsh told local ABC station WTAE. “We wanted him to be welcomed with the best in the burgh, and he had no idea.”

Romney's 'Cookie-Gate' Frosts Baker - Bloomberg

That would be like coming to Amarillo and being brought cookies from Delmar Bakery (voted Best in Amarillo several years), and asking the official if they came from 7-11.

Just shows how clueless this man is.

first rule of politics... ooh and ahhh over everything they give you. taste it and talk about it.

he's very socially awkward.

Hearts are won one-by-one, CarolJo. You should know that by now. They have to be able to connect with the common man. Something Mitt Romney is not so good at.

He is good for a laugh though, so I gotta thank Rinata for the share. :)

Thanks, Miss Boop. When I read, "Just eat the fucking cookie", I got hysterical. Too funny.

Don't you think that if you're running for president, the local officials are going to bring the best of what their town has to offer?

Besides, I was taught that good manners dictate that you should at least try ONE, smile and nod, and then say thank you. If you don't like them, don't eat another.

Maybe is watching his sugar intake & does not want to publicize the matter? This is as important as Obama & dog meat...................................

Maybe is watching his sugar intake & does not want to publicize the matter? This is as important as Obama & dog meat...................................

If he was watching his sugar intake, why insult the people by calling them 7-11 cookies? It would be smarter to keep your mouth shut.

I think he was trying to be "funny". I very much doubt there was any more thought process than that. And not for even a moment do I think he purposefully insulted them.

He apparently liiked the cookie, just did not think it looked homemade. Talk about being in touch! He can tell the difference between home made and store bought! He must have a long history of homemade cookies.

He didn't eat any.

Forum List

Back