Mom's Of Inmates

Aug 17, 2017
Hello, my name is Stacy and I am a mom of an inmate. I really hope by putting my story out there in the public eye someone can help me with the aspects of what to do mentaly, physically, and emtionally to help my daughter whom just turned 20 years old and is incarcerated in Logan Corrections.
On October 9th 2015 my daughter Sierra was arrested at her grandmothers house for agervated manufacturing of methamphetamines. The charge being agervated because her son, 5 months old, was at the home. She was in Montgomery County Jail for approx. 1 1/2 months when the judge decided to give her a chance at rehab. She was taken by me, to rehab and two days later I was notified that she was kicked out and had left. About 2 months had went by before I heard from my child. Then the phone call came, she had skipped state. For almost a year she stayed down there. On July 12 my daughter returned back to Il only because she had gotten into legal trouble in Florida. Serious trouble, drugs, jail, 5 years felony probation. Returning home we all new that she had consequences to serve. And indeed she needed help, I was lucky my little girl was still alive. To be continued....

I needed some time to think on how to continue this....This is a very hard moment in my life.. I hope nobody ever has to go through this experience...

July 12th was a blessing to me, but only knowing that she was alive was not enough I needed to know that she was going to be okay. Which I could see was not happening. This little girl was all grown up and had a baby and didn't even have a chance at being a mom. On the run from two states now she was caught after only one month. She spent her 20th birthday behind bars in Montgomery County. Then came the day of sentencing, September 8, 2016. As her sister, her son, and I sat in the court room they brought her in all shackled. It was the safest thing that a mom could ever see. They sat her in front of me, I told her I loved her and they began. After all was said and done she was given 9 yrs IDOC for agervated participation of methamphetamines. It was horrible, I was devastated because that was not what was suppose to have taken place.. I had no idea that was going to be her sentence. They removed her from the court room and said she would be transported within the hour to Logan Corrections in Lincoln Illinois. I took her son and went to the jail and begged them to let me see my daughter before they took her away and they did. Through plexiglass I sat and shared tears of sadness as we said good bye.. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.
Well, as of today 6 months later I have been to see her four times and she seems to be doing OK. But I as her mother know she really wasn't ok. Her sister and I were the only visitors that she had except this grown man that I blame for most of her trouble. I can't yet say a lot about him but when the time comes I will be able to really speak what is on my mind. So now 6 months later it only gets worse. My daughter is sitting in segregation for an unknown amount of time because she was caught with drugs. How has this happened? This child needs help and not the help of being put in a room all alone, with no contact with her mom, or anyone for that matter. That will make anyone suicidal, especially when she had all ready been institutionalized when she was 13 yrs old by the state of Illinois and diagnosised with mental disabilities that make her suicidal. Now even though my baby girl is locked up I again sit here and have to worry about her safety. Is she really gonna be ok. Am I gonna get that phone call that my daughter is dead.... No I won't even get a phone call because I was informed that if anything happens to an inmate they do not notify family... To be continued....

Here we are 6 months after my baby girl was sentenced. Life on the inside, she says isnt getting any easier. N8w she us in seg. Only 2 visits a month an no phone access. I have been to see her twice and couldnt even hug her or hold her hand. This is tragic,looking at her through plexa glass with only a small square of screen to talk through. She sits on a stool shackled and padlocked to that stool. This little girl 20 yrs old is facing probably damn near the rest of her life in prison because of a few bad choices. They continue to treat her like she murdered someone. I have done my research and still at a stand still of what to do. I need help as a mother I have to be strong for her. Any advice would be greatly appriciated.untill next time thank you.
dfab44eebc136b3edf6ceb4864256c0e.jpg

Well here we are almost one year down and that would make 8 more to go. Well not quit, try 15 to 30!!!!

The other morning I got the phone call that I must describe as a mother's nightmare
No, she is not dead, she is very much alive and healthy. Well, my daughter was told that she was being served an indictment. And she was taken to Lincoln court house there in Lincoln IL. And as she arrives there and was entered into a courtroom before a judge and a state's attorney she was given a charge of possession of a controlled substance in a penal institution class X felony carries a minimum of 12 to 20 years in prison. of course she immediately asked for an attorney in which they responded with request for public defender for the defendant denied. So immediately my daughter pled not guilty and she was returned to Logan Correctional and at that time she was very depressed confused. She didnt know what to do and had no resources or no privileges couldn't use the phone to call me and just didn't know what she was going to do. As far as she knew she was going to spend the majority of her life in prison. She would never be able to be a mother to the little boy that calls her mommy.

Well sadly tomorrow at 1:30 we have court, no attorney and no thoughts of what to do....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Don't know what to say except I hope you writing it all out helped a bit on YOUR end.

As a Mother of a meth head there is not much you can do, it is all up to the daughter to decide her fate, and her future..

As a Mother of a meth head there is not much you can do, it is all up to the daughter to decide her fate, and her future..

Quoted for truth. However, people need to stop using prisons as warehouses for the mentally ill whose families just don't have money like the 'Affluenza Kids', and start dealing with the real issues. The petty bureaucratic roadblocks and Catch-22's are designed to enrage and aggravate and escalate such problems, not lessen them.

Quoted for truth. However, people need to stop using prisons as warehouses for the mentally ill whose families just don't have money like the 'Affluenza Kids', and start dealing with the real issues. The petty bureaucratic roadblocks and Catch-22's are designed to enrage and aggravate and escalate such problems, not lessen them.
Still the user must dedicate their life to more than obtaining a drug to abuse themselves with and incarceration will disappear..

Some people beat addiction to drugs and some people don't. It's like cancer. Not everyone makes it.
Your daughter isn't ready to stop. You can't do anything to make her, and neither can anyone else.
She has a disease. The judicial system tried giving her a chance with rehab, but she wasn't ready to take the treatment. That's all they have to offer.

I hope you'll find peace. It must be very painful to watch your daughter go through this.

Hello, my name is Stacy and I am a mom of an inmate. I really hope by putting my story out there in the public eye someone can help me with the aspects of what to do mentaly, physically, and emtionally to help my daughter whom just turned 20 years old and is incarcerated in Logan Corrections.
On October 9th 2015 my daughter Sierra was arrested at her grandmothers house for agervated manufacturing of methamphetamines. The charge being agervated because her son, 5 months old, was at the home. She was in Montgomery County Jail for approx. 1 1/2 months when the judge decided to give her a chance at rehab. She was taken by me, to rehab and two days later I was notified that she was kicked out and had left. About 2 months had went by before I heard from my child. Then the phone call came, she had skipped state. For almost a year she stayed down there. On July 12 my daughter returned back to Il only because she had gotten into legal trouble in Florida. Serious trouble, drugs, jail, 5 years felony probation. Returning home we all new that she had consequences to serve. And indeed she needed help, I was lucky my little girl was still alive. To be continued....

I needed some time to think on how to continue this....This is a very hard moment in my life.. I hope nobody ever has to go through this experience...

July 12th was a blessing to me, but only knowing that she was alive was not enough I needed to know that she was going to be okay. Which I could see was not happening. This little girl was all grown up and had a baby and didn't even have a chance at being a mom. On the run from two states now she was caught after only one month. She spent her 20th birthday behind bars in Montgomery County. Then came the day of sentencing, September 8, 2016. As her sister, her son, and I sat in the court room they brought her in all shackled. It was the safest thing that a mom could ever see. They sat her in front of me, I told her I loved her and they began. After all was said and done she was given 9 yrs IDOC for agervated participation of methamphetamines. It was horrible, I was devastated because that was not what was suppose to have taken place.. I had no idea that was going to be her sentence. They removed her from the court room and said she would be transported within the hour to Logan Corrections in Lincoln Illinois. I took her son and went to the jail and begged them to let me see my daughter before they took her away and they did. Through plexiglass I sat and shared tears of sadness as we said good bye.. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.
Well, as of today 6 months later I have been to see her four times and she seems to be doing OK. But I as her mother know she really wasn't ok. Her sister and I were the only visitors that she had except this grown man that I blame for most of her trouble. I can't yet say a lot about him but when the time comes I will be able to really speak what is on my mind. So now 6 months later it only gets worse. My daughter is sitting in segregation for an unknown amount of time because she was caught with drugs. How has this happened? This child needs help and not the help of being put in a room all alone, with no contact with her mom, or anyone for that matter. That will make anyone suicidal, especially when she had all ready been institutionalized when she was 13 yrs old by the state of Illinois and diagnosised with mental disabilities that make her suicidal. Now even though my baby girl is locked up I again sit here and have to worry about her safety. Is she really gonna be ok. Am I gonna get that phone call that my daughter is dead.... No I won't even get a phone call because I was informed that if anything happens to an inmate they do not notify family... To be continued....

Here we are 6 months after my baby girl was sentenced. Life on the inside, she says isnt getting any easier. N8w she us in seg. Only 2 visits a month an no phone access. I have been to see her twice and couldnt even hug her or hold her hand. This is tragic,looking at her through plexa glass with only a small square of screen to talk through. She sits on a stool shackled and padlocked to that stool. This little girl 20 yrs old is facing probably damn near the rest of her life in prison because of a few bad choices. They continue to treat her like she murdered someone. I have done my research and still at a stand still of what to do. I need help as a mother I have to be strong for her. Any advice would be greatly appriciated.untill next time thank you.

Well here we are almost one year down and that would make 8 more to go. Well not quit, try 15 to 30!!!!

The other morning I got the phone call that I must describe as a mother's nightmare
No, she is not dead, she is very much alive and healthy. Well, my daughter was told that she was being served an indictment. And she was taken to Lincoln court house there in Lincoln IL. And as she arrives there and was entered into a courtroom before a judge and a state's attorney she was given a charge of possession of a controlled substance in a penal institution class X felony carries a minimum of 12 to 20 years in prison. of course she immediately asked for an attorney in which they responded with request for public defender for the defendant denied. So immediately my daughter pled not guilty and she was returned to Logan Correctional and at that time she was very depressed confused. She didnt know what to do and had no resources or no privileges couldn't use the phone to call me and just didn't know what she was going to do. As far as she knew she was going to spend the majority of her life in prison. She would never be able to be a mother to the little boy that calls her mommy.

Well sadly tomorrow at 1:30 we have court, no attorney and no thoughts of what to do....

I hope posting here helps. People will be brutally honest here for example it seems to me she's right where she belongs. Even in prison she's getting into trouble. I know prisons aren't built to help people they're a place to hit rock bottom.

We put people in prison for two reasons. We're mad at them is one. For example white collar crimes. Then there's people we are afraid of. I think we are afraid of your daughter. Out free she might kill someone including your daughter.

Very sad. Sorry

Some people beat addiction to drugs and some people don't. It's like cancer. Not everyone makes it.
Your daughter isn't ready to stop. You can't do anything to make her, and neither can anyone else.
She has a disease. The judicial system tried giving her a chance with rehab, but she wasn't ready to take the treatment. That's all they have to offer.

I hope you'll find peace. It must be very painful to watch your daughter go through this.

Yes, but how does petty unnecessary obstruction of family access and information help anything? Family support is important; isolation of addicts is only a form of torture and petty abuse.

she is not ready to quit

meth is a powerfully addictive substance

sorry but you have to separate yourself from her actions

and let her hit rock bottom

Yes, but how does petty unnecessary obstruction of family access and information help anything? Family support is important; isolation of addicts is only a form of torture and petty abuse.
It doesn't. Our society does a terrible job at rehabilitating people. But from the sound of it your kid would fail out of even the best rehab program. Like OldLady said she doesn't sound ready to stop. Prison sounds like the best place for her. For her sake as well as ours. We are safer with people like this locked up.

I bet if she got out she'd go right out to find some drugs and she would disappear again.

I made a pen pall with this woman in prison. She threatened to kill me when she got out because I suggested she deserved to be there. Well, she did. And the fact that she didn't realize she is the criminal not the victim tells me she's not ready to be released into society. Maybe she never will.

PS. I knew a lot of wild guys growing up. Most of them settled down after they got into their late 20's or 30's. One day your kid is going to be a normal person and look back and she won't believe that she was that person that she is now. You have to hope this. But she unfortunately doesn't sound like she's hit rock bottom yet and that's insane considering where she is right now.

Ever see clockwork orange? She may need some alternative therapy.

When I was a kid, me and a buddy were going to get some weed. I was pulling out my money to buy my Oz and he asked, "hey, you ever had crank"? I said no, and $25.00 later I had my quarter gram. It burnt my nose, made my eye hurt and everything was just wrong until it had run its course. That was all I needed. Hated it. The other guy? Well, tossed out of sports, tossed out of school, tossed in Animosa prision, raped, survived a suicide attempt, got out and pretty much survives, but he is not who I knew before. Meth is bad stuff. My brother is an addict. He has two years prision that's meth related.

So what can anyone say that's positive and would inspire you to hope. First off, your girl child is very young. Second, her family's has not given up on her. I would also look into some decent legal help. Lots of good probono lawyers out there. Just don't give up.

When I was a kid, me and a buddy were going to get some weed. I was pulling out my money to buy my Oz and he asked, "hey, you ever had crank"? I said no, and $25.00 later I had my quarter gram. It burnt my nose, made my eye hurt and everything was just wrong until it had run its course. That was all I needed. Hated it. The other guy? Well, tossed out of sports, tossed out of school, tossed in Animosa prision, raped, survived a suicide attempt, got out and pretty much survives, but he is not who I knew before. Meth is bad stuff. My brother is an addict. He has two years prision that's meth related.

So what can anyone say that's positive and would inspire you to hope. First off, your girl child is very young. Second, her family's has not given up on her. I would also look into some decent legal help. Lots of good probono lawyers out there. Just don't give up.

I tried meth once

I tried meth once

Me to. How would I describe it ? Itchy, gritty, greezy, metallic industrial type feeling. That and wishing I could just go to sleep. Never had the urge to try it again.

I tried meth once

Me to. How would I describe it ? Itchy, gritty, greezy, metallic industrial type feeling. That and wishing I could just go to sleep. Never had the urge to try it again.
Back in my coke days I would drive my dealer around for free blow. One day he offered me meth. I said no but I think he had some on him because I felt weird just having it in the car.

God what a loser I was.

I tried meth once

Back in my coke days I would drive my dealer around for free blow. One day he offered me meth. I said no but I think he had some on him because I felt weird just having it in the car.

God what a loser I was.

You know when you were a kid walking through town and that nice man pulled up and said " hey lil guy wanna ride", you said no then see on the news a week later that the guy was arrested for triple homicide? Remember that feeling. You weren't a loser, you said no. Had you taken it who knows where it would have ended up.

I tried meth once

God what a loser I was.

You know when you were a kid walking through town and that nice man pulled up and said " hey lil guy wanna ride", you said no then see on the news a week later that the guy was arrested for triple homicide? Remember that feeling. You weren't a loser, you said no. Had you taken it who knows where it would have ended up.
I was a loser for doing coke. I at least went through $10k. Started partying with this guy who give me free Coke but when it was done going out at 2am to get more when I had to get up for work at 6am.

But boy what a high. Cocaine thank God isn't addicting like crack and heroine.

I tried meth once

God what a loser I was.

I was a loser for doing coke. I at least went through $10k. Started partying with this guy who give me free Coke but when it was done going out at 2am to get more when I had to get up for work at 6am.

But boy what a high. Cocaine thank God isn't addicting like crack and heroine.

Um, you are indeed lucky you passed. I know a few who did the meth just as you describe. Then they are sitting in jail or sleeping in a car. Very good thing you walked away. So many can't or don't.

New Topics

Forum List

Back