Moms are turning to crowdfunding to help pay for maternity leave

I'm trying to discern if your goal is outright totalitarianism or what. I asked if you would set any limit on government's power to dictate our personal decisions. Do you know what that means? Can you answer it without diversion?

I can't answer it from your perception that Gubmint Control E'thing; Gubmint BAADDDD.

It's not within my perception of the way things work in the Real World.

But I'm not a Randian, so there's that.

This is your fantasy, and has nothing at all to do with my views. I've explained this to you repeatedly, in fair detail, but you refuse to acknowledge it. I'm not sure you actually comprehend what I post.

You stick with your delusion, if that's your preference. But it makes it even harder to take anything you say seriously.

Okay, then. Take Sun Devil's advice and IGNORE me (he really, really, really needs your attention) so I can converse with the adults. I can't help thinking of John Rogers' quote about Rand:

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Why do you keep quoting Rand, or stuff about Rand, to me? Who cares? Can you ever focus on the conversation in front of you?

The conversation in this thread is one where you'll claim you're being "forced" into doing something. Maybe it's time for you to reread The Virtue of Selfishness.

St. Ayn had no children (but did she have abortions?). If all women shared her beliefs, the species would go extinct.

I'm trying to discern if your goal is outright totalitarianism or what. I asked if you would set any limit on government's power to dictate our personal decisions. Do you know what that means? Can you answer it without diversion?

I can't answer it from your perception that Gubmint Control E'thing; Gubmint BAADDDD.

This is your fantasy, and has nothing at all to do with my views. I've explained this to you repeatedly, in fair detail, but you refuse to acknowledge it. I'm not sure you actually comprehend what I post.

You stick with your delusion, if that's your preference. But it makes it even harder to take anything you say seriously.

Okay, then. Take Sun Devil's advice and IGNORE me (he really, really, really needs your attention) so I can converse with the adults. I can't help thinking of John Rogers' quote about Rand:

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Why do you keep quoting Rand, or stuff about Rand, to me? Who cares? Can you ever focus on the conversation in front of you?

The conversation in this thread is one where you'll claim you're being "forced" into doing something. Maybe it's time for you to reread The Virtue of Selfishness.

St. Ayn had no children (but did she have abortions?). If all women shared her beliefs, the species would go extinct.
It's a good thing that not everyone feels the same way. If you are proposing that women become brood animals who have children as a profession, we can have that discussion.

WTF???

The mistake that American moms make is that they are waiting for the wrong corporation. They should have children instead from a gang member, in which case their maternity leave is secure, they can just sit and be the lookout for cops. Easy to do.

The mistake that American moms make is that they are waiting for the wrong corporation. They should have children instead from a gang member, in which case their maternity leave is secure, they can just sit and be the lookout for cops. Easy to do.

Very interesting.

It's a good thing that not everyone feels the same way. If you are proposing that women become brood animals who have children as a profession, we can have that discussion.
This has already been achieved in the USA. It is called child welfare benefit, to protect the liberal taboo of illegitimate child.

This has already been achieved in the USA. It is called child welfare benefit, to protect the liberal taboo of illegitimate child.
Because we have welfare benefits for illegitimate children, we owe the entire families of legitimate children,

Stop the benefits to illegitimate children.

Because we have welfare benefits for illegitimate children, we owe the entire families of legitimate children,

Liberal controlled national and international laws, including various human rights laws, will always make that impossible, and amass a legal cost of ten times the child welfare drain, if you try to challenge it. However assuming that it can be done,then we would probably discover that running prisons for the illegitimate gang bangers is cheaper than paying welfare for them, in contrast to current liberal propaganda.

If it is true that women cannot exist without the financial support of everyone known, unknown, and imagined, then take the kids away from them and build orphanages. No maternity leave necessary.

Liberal controlled national and international laws, including various human rights laws, will always make that impossible, and amass a legal cost of ten times the child welfare drain, if you try to challenge it. However assuming that it can be done,then we would probably discover that running prisons for the illegitimate gang bangers is cheaper than paying welfare for them, in contrast to current liberal propaganda.

Just cut off their balls after the first illegitimate child. They still have to pay child support though.

Just cut off their balls after the first illegitimate child. They still have to pay child support though.
No, totally ineffective. The women will just find another idiot and carry on breeding unchanged.

That womans child will save your life one day, or fight a war for you. We all benefit so we should all share the burden. Its not complicated.

I'm not certain how many other boards you frequent, but what you're experiencing on this board is what a bloke I know from Leeds describes as the "Internet hard man."

You get the impression that they're all eminently self-sufficient, that their mums plunked 'em in front of the telly and spent the day on the phone or doing their nails, so they're insanely jealous of future generations whose parents might have actually welcomed their arrival and tried to give them the best of their attention and affection.

These more fortunate infants will, it's assumed, grow up and take jobs - however stultifying - from the hard men, and that's their fear.

Climb the ladder and then kick it out from under anyone coming up after them.

I love the smell of desperation in the morning.

Canada works the same way. The only obligation on the employer is that the job must be available when the woman comes back.

No, totally ineffective. The women will just find another idiot and carry on breeding unchanged.

We don't do it now.....you wouldn't know if it was ineffective or not.

I can't stand presumptuousness.

Forum List

Back