Momma Obama wants to tell you how to raise your kids, listen up!!!

Hey America....

Your kids are FAT.....the main reason is because you are fat too
Your kids spend too much time on the computer and playing video games and never go outside by themselves

God forbid someone challenges a Republicans god given right to raise fat, lazy kids
I'm not buying it. Michelle used her own daughters non existant
weight problem to push this. It is the poor on aid that raise the majorty of heavy kids. You want to play party blame at least be honest

Oh...I forgot

It is not Republican kids who are fat...it is those welfare kids

Fat kids is being considered a national security issue because there are fewer and fewer teens who can meet military fitness standards

Thats why the Military now has recruits doing PT before they even go to basic training, because kids nowadays are so out of shape. I hear they even have a special program for fat kids to get them in shape before boot camp.

Hey America....

Your kids spend too much time on the computer and playing video games and never go outside by themselves

God forbid someone challenges a Republicans god given right to raise fat, lazy kids
weight problem to push this. It is the poor on aid that raise the majorty of heavy kids. You want to play party blame at least be honest

Part of the problem with that is the cheapest foods are what contains the most fat.

Hey America....

Part of the problem with that is the cheapest foods are what contains the most fat.

Yeah, definitely that is a PART of the problem.

Do you know that Americans now drink more soda than any other beverage?

According to the National Soft Drink Association (NSDA), consumption of soft drinks is now over 600 12-ounce servings (12 oz.) per person per year. Since the late 1970`s the soft drink consumption in the United States has doubled for females and tripled for males. The highest consumption is in the males between the ages of 12 - 29; they average 1/2 gallon a day or 160 gallons a year.

This ALONE would cause pandemic of obesity.

Add to that fact the fact that most of our sodas are now sweetened with CORN sugar, rather than cane sugar (and a lot of us do not metabilize corn as well as cane) and I think you have the number one source of the problem.

The other problem? Especially with kids?

TV cable with 200 stations, computer games that truly ARE addictive, and the fact that parents are now terrified to let their kids roam their neighborhoods and towns like ours never fered.

We are becoming, and our kids have especially become sedentary in comparison to what people's lives USED to be like.

We eat too well, we eat crap, and we don't PLAY like we used to, either.

Last edited:

According to the National Soft Drink Association (NSDA), consumption of soft drinks is now over 600 12-ounce servings (12 oz.) per person per year. Since the late 1970`s the soft drink consumption in the United States has doubled for females and tripled for males. The highest consumption is in the males between the ages of 12 - 29; they average 1/2 gallon a day or 160 gallons a year.

Add to that fact the fact that most of our soada are now sweetened with CORN sugar, rather than cane sugar (and a lot of us do not metabilize corn as well as cane) and I think you have the number one source of the problem.

TB channels with 200 statations, computer games, and the fact that parents are now terrified to let their kids roam their neighborhoods and towns like ours never gave a thought to.

We are becoming, and our kids expecially have become senditary.

We eat too well, we eat crap, and we don't PLAY like we used to either.

When I was a kid and we needed to go somewhere, we walked or rode our bikes. I would go several miles away from my house to visit friends, play Little League or go to the nearest store. I never asked for or wanted a ride

Now, moms drive them if it is more than a block from home

Add to that fact the fact that most of our soada are now sweetened with CORN sugar, rather than cane sugar (and a lot of us do not metabilize corn as well as cane) and I think you have the number one source of the problem.

TB channels with 200 statations, computer games, and the fact that parents are now terrified to let their kids roam their neighborhoods and towns like ours never gave a thought to.

We are becoming, and our kids expecially have become senditary.

We eat too well, we eat crap, and we don't PLAY like we used to either.

When I was a kid and we needed to go somewhere, we walked or rode our bikes. I would go several miles away from my house to visit friends, play Little League or go to the nearest store. I never asked for or wanted a ride

Now, moms drive them if it is more than a block from home

Thats if they even leave the house at all, alot of them just sit there and play XBOX360 all day.

Hey America....

Oh...I forgot

Yes it is the welfare kids, so what? They also have fat parents and have computers, phones etc that keep them from much of the physical activity. I never made it a political party line issue I said you were not honest. Unless I misunderstood you and you are now saying the majority of the poor are republicans. Your attempt at humor by making it a party issue just wasn't funny to me. Just like Michelle trying to personalize the situation imo was a mistake. I have no problem with the message, although it does not apply to me or Michelle.

Add to that fact the fact that most of our sodas are now sweetened with CORN sugar, rather than cane sugar (and a lot of us do not metabilize corn as well as cane) and I think you have the number one source of the problem.

TV cable with 200 stations, computer games that truly ARE addictive, and the fact that parents are now terrified to let their kids roam their neighborhoods and towns like ours never fered.

We are becoming, and our kids have especially become sedentary in comparison to what people's lives USED to be like.

We eat too well, we eat crap, and we don't PLAY like we used to, either.

You are correct in what you are saying however the changes that would have to be made to alter this are radical and look at everyones reaction to what Michelle is trying to do, no way people are gonna take sodas away from their kids.

Hey America....

Yes I know. It's a sad catch-22 - lack of money and choices is a hard life.

Yes I know. It's a sad catch-22 - lack of money and choices is a hard life.

The healthiest foods cost more, usually people with money are in better shape than those without it.

Oh...I forgot

Yes it is the welfare kids, so what? They also have fat parents and have computers, phones etc that keep them from much of the physical activity. I never made it a political party line issue I said you were not honest. Unless I misunderstood you and you are now saying the majority of the poor are republicans. Your attempt at humor by making it a party issue just wasn't funny to me. Just like Michelle trying to personalize the situation imo was a mistake. I have no problem with the message, although it does not apply to me or Michelle.

My point is not that Republican kids are fat and welfare kids are not.

My point is that it is the Republicans complaining that Michelle Obama is saying that Americas kids are fat

Out of one side of their mouth, government says kids are too fat and need to go out and exercise and out of the other side of their mouth, government bans freeze tag and wiffle ball. :rolleyes: How about government work on the budget and such and leave the parenting of children up to the parents.

Speaking of parents, why don't they get off their fat, lazy asses and yank the computer/tv/playstation/cell phones from their kids hands. Gadzooks, what a novel idea!

The parents are the problem, not the government. Having played football many years and coaching over 50 youth teams I can give first hand experience what Michele Obama has done is all positive.
When I was growing up all the kids played sports. I started coaching my kids in 1990 until 2007. I can't tell you how many times I saw a soccer Mom or a Mom that spoiled and babied her son and would not let him play football, soccer or any sport. Another factor is the "What? It costs $300 for my son to play football. My tax dollars should pay for the equipment" mentality. I always told them "No dumbass, your tax dollars do not pay for it. Stand up and YOU pay for it".
This isn't a liberal/conservative thing. Turn the boob tube off.
This is a lack of parenting thing. Most of the obese kids are boys. Their mommies will not let them play contact sports.
We are raising a nation of sissies, Republican and Democrats.
Their milk is weak.

Forum List

Back