Momentum Builds for Corporate Tax Overhaul

Corporations only have influence because government is confiscating property in the form of taxes and law.

BULLSHIT. Corporations have influence because they are in bed with congress and throw millions of dollars at them to do their bidding. I find it interesting that Republican corporatists happily do their bidding without even once questioning what it is doing to this republic. It's a big 'ol back-scratching orgy going on in congress with corporations, and you fools just cheered them being able to anonymously spend unlimited money in our elections - they have more of a voice than do American citizens now in the media... do you really think this is a good thing? Every law passed seems to more and more favor big business and the wealthy to the detriment of the rest of the American citizens. Look it up, it's all there - it ain't a secret. Look at insurance companies, the MIC, big agra and pharma. Look especially at the meat monopolies. Then get back to me.

I just said this;

Corporations have influence because they are in bed with congress

Corporations only have influence because government is confiscating property in the form of taxes and law

Why are corporations paying millions to people in the government, to prevent the confiscation of property. Corporations are the symptom, government has become the disease. Get congress out of bed, seems simple.

Corporations only have influence because government is confiscating property in the form of taxes and law.

BULLSHIT. Corporations have influence because they are in bed with congress and throw millions of dollars at them to do their bidding. I find it interesting that Republican corporatists happily do their bidding without even once questioning what it is doing to this republic. It's a big 'ol back-scratching orgy going on in congress with corporations, and you fools just cheered them being able to anonymously spend unlimited money in our elections - they have more of a voice than do American citizens now in the media... do you really think this is a good thing? Every law passed seems to more and more favor big business and the wealthy to the detriment of the rest of the American citizens. Look it up, it's all there - it ain't a secret. Look at insurance companies, the MIC, big agra and pharma. Look especially at the meat monopolies. Then get back to me.

Corporations are people, with just as much right to speak as anyone else. I could argue the distortion of truth by "American citizens now in the media" is far more harmful than the speech of a corporation, but they are one and the same. Take General Electric, that is a corporation we find in Obama's cabinet, General Electric has contributed millions to Obama, General Electric is MSNBC and MSNBC is clearly in bed with Obama. I find it interesting you label General Electric as Republican.

Yes everything the corporations does is the result of government that is to intrusive.

The government is the problem today.

Last edited:
Corporations are people, with just as much right to speak as anyone else.

No the fuck they are not. A corporation is not a person - that should have been amended in the constitution a long time ago... it should NOT be in there - snuck in by a damn court reporter BS. Period. People may work for a corporation, but a corporation is NOT A PERSON and they DO NOT HAVE AMERICA'S INTEREST AT HEART AND NEVER HAVE. They are greedy parasites influencing laws and taxation to boost profits all while being subsidized because the American public is to stupid and powerless to do anything about it.

I find it interesting you label General Electric as Republican.

I didn't. All corporations should be very, very strictly regulated. Look at the banking sector to see what happens when regulations are loosened... or the mining industry, or big agra. Don't even get me started on the meat and chemical industries.

That's just ideology with no basis in fact.

Though there is no doubt corporations react because of government involvement, to say that is the only reason is incredibily naive. Corporations are generally a force for good in society but companies and the rich and powerful have for centuries tried to influence laws and the political system solely for their own gain and often at the expense of others.

Corporations are people, with just as much right to speak as anyone else.

No the fuck they are not. A corporation is not a person - that should have been amended in the constitution a long time ago... it should NOT be in there - snuck in by a damn court reporter BS. Period. People may work for a corporation, but a corporation is NOT A PERSON and they DO NOT HAVE AMERICA'S INTEREST AT HEART AND NEVER HAVE. They are greedy parasites influencing laws and taxation to boost profits all while being subsidized because the American public is to stupid and powerless to do anything about it.

Wrong, the greedy parasite is the government and everyone calling for taxes to increase or stay the same. Much of these subsidies you talk of are not subsidies at all but tax deductions.

The American public is too stupid. Obviously some of us are.

Private property, the government has no right to confiscate private property from me or anyone else in any form that property takes.

I specifically attributed the statement of General Electric to you for that is how I see your argument. One you are specifically condemn private property as Republican, many corporations, maybe a majority of corporations are owned and operated by Democrats.

That's just ideology with no basis in fact.

Though there is no doubt corporations react because of government involvement, to say that is the only reason is incredibily naive. Corporations are generally a force for good in society but companies and the rich and powerful have for centuries tried to influence laws and the political system solely for their own gain and often at the expense of others.

The fruits of my labor is my private property, if I work to build a business into a corporation that is still my private property. If I distribute my private property as stocks, those stocks are owned as private property.

Corporations do more good for the people than government does for the people.

I specifically attributed the statement of General Electric to you for that is how I see your argument. One you are specifically condemn private property as Republican, many corporations, maybe a majority of corporations are owned and operated by Democrats.

When did I "condemn private property as Republican? Oh, that's right. I didn't. Please tell me who Corporations send most of their money to... Democrats or Republicans? Oh, that's right. You can't because the REPUBLICANS stripped the transparency part of the legislation out. And No, you may not privately own everything in this country. Fruits of my labor is private property too, so how come when all is said and done, I get taxed 40% on it when some rich hedge fund douche bag that helped collapse the economy in the first place thanks to DEREGULATION gets taxed only 15%? Please tell me why his private property is more valuable than mine. Oh yeah, it's because the rich and corporations collude and bribe congress to write legislation in their favor.

Last edited:
:eusa_eh::lol:

Wow, you really believe this, don't you? That makes you the dumbest person I have ever met. Congratulations.

I know you don't want me to sit here and list the millions of ways that corporations harm US citizens. I would be here for the next 100 years.

Last edited:

Wow, you really believe this, don't you? That makes you the dumbest person I have ever met. Congratulations.

I know you don't want me to sit here and list the millions of ways that corporations harm US citizens. I would be here for the next 100 years.

If some Leftard ideologue thinks I'm the dumbest person they have ever met, I take that as a compliment.

Yes, corporations do far more good than harm. They are by far and away the most efficient means of creating wealth and increasing standards of living the world has ever seen. If we banned corporations, the economy would collapse back to the stone age.

If some Leftard ideologue thinks I'm the dumbest person they have ever met, I take that as a compliment.

Yes, corporations do far more good than harm. They are by far and away the most efficient means of creating wealth and increasing standards of living the world has ever seen. If we banned corporations, the economy would collapse back to the stone age.

Not true. Corporations are efficient because of economies of scale and because of gimmicks like externalizing their costs. Onto the greater society.

If other kinds of orgs benefited from the same kind of top down authoritarian command structure as well as the economies of scale corps enjoy there is no reason to assme that they could not be more efficient.

For example medicare is far more efficient than private health insurance. Same is true for the postal service.

Not true. Corporations are efficient because of economies of scale and because of gimmicks like externalizing their costs. Onto the greater society.

If other kinds of orgs benefited from the same kind of top down authoritarian command structure as well as the economies of scale corps enjoy there is no reason to assme that they could not be more efficient.

For example medicare is far more efficient than private health insurance. Same is true for the postal service.

Corporations are efficient not just because of economies of scale but because they are far better at allocating capital efficiently than government. Government responds to politics, not to profit, and is more inefficient at allocating capital because maximizing political gain, not profits, is the primary focus of government.

It is true that not all government agencies and businesses are inefficient, but returns on capital are generally much lower. Most companies that were privatized in the 1980s and 1990s became much more profitable after they became subject to the discipline of the market.

Forum List

Back