Moment of truth. How do you pay for it?

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Out of the great number of speeches Obama has given about his ideas for Health Care Reform, especially the Public Option part of it, he has yet to say just how he intends to pay for this grand idea of his. He has stated he will eliminate the waste in Medicare and that will pay for the majority of it but that is not a truthful statement. If the government could trim the waste in any program it would be a miracle in it's own right but over the years Congress and the folks who actually manage Medicare have had an ample opportunity to cut back the waste and eliminate the problems that cause that waste. It has never been done so far and I doubt very seriously if Obama and crew can do it now either. I don't believe a word of his claim to do this. Medicare has a lot of problems right now - especially with the large number of doctors who have not ever received a timely payment for the services they render under Medicare. The government is talking about cutting billions out of the program? I say pay the debts they already owe the doctors first. Really, be honest with yourself about this great endeavor of Obama's. He is pushing a program that cannot be paid for at this time by the American public. I don't think it's wise to borrow the money right now to fund this because of the massive debt the government already has dumped on us tax payers. I think this whole deal is going to fail simply because it can't be paid for. I believe a person with any brains can see this also. Why can't or won't Congress and the President acknowledge this very simple,but obvious, fact?

Out of the great number of speeches Obama has given about his ideas for Health Care Reform, especially the Public Option part of it, he has yet to say just how he intends to pay for this grand idea of his. He has stated he will eliminate the waste in Medicare and that will pay for the majority of it but that is not a truthful statement. If the government could trim the waste in any program it would be a miracle in it's own right but over the years Congress and the folks who actually manage Medicare have had an ample opportunity to cut back the waste and eliminate the problems that cause that waste. It has never been done so far and I doubt very seriously if Obama and crew can do it now either. I don't believe a word of his claim to do this. Medicare has a lot of problems right now - especially with the large number of doctors who have not ever received a timely payment for the services they render under Medicare. The government is talking about cutting billions out of the program? I say pay the debts they already owe the doctors first. Really, be honest with yourself about this great endeavor of Obama's. He is pushing a program that cannot be paid for at this time by the American public. I don't think it's wise to borrow the money right now to fund this because of the massive debt the government already has dumped on us tax payers. I think this whole deal is going to fail simply because it can't be paid for. I believe a person with any brains can see this also. Why can't or won't Congress and the President acknowledge this very simple,but obvious, fact?

Perhaps Obama is...lying?

This is a damn good question on it's own. Now, rather than calling Obama a liar....why not let him OR Congress tell us how they are going to pay for it? Fair enough?

How is he going to pay for it? Taxes? Rationing? Fudging the numbers? Here's a link to how Massachusetts does it. Is this what the entire country has to look forward too? Or will they look at this plan and learn from it's mistakes? Remember, it's the government.

Had state officials not done their level best to hide those costs -- the individual mandate pushed 60 percent of the cost off-budget, while expanding eligibility for Medicaid pushed another 20 percent onto the federal budget -- no one would be hailing Massachusetts as a model.

As it is, Massachusetts has fooled some prominent watchdogs. The Boston Globe editorializes that the cost to the state taxpayer is "about $88 million a year," when the actual cost to state taxpayers is 19 times that amount, and the total cost is 24 times that amount.

The New York Times editorial page's account of the law's cost was only off by a factor of three.

Nevertheless, those costs are appearing in higher taxes and health insurance premiums. State officials have raised taxes on tobacco, hospitals, insurers and employers, as well as eliminated coverage for many legal immigrants just to scrape up their 20 percent share of the cost. They are also showing the nation where ObamaCare would ultimately lead: government-imposed rationing.

To cope with the cost of its reforms, Massachusetts created a legislative commission that has recommended moving the entire market to a single, Canadian-style payment system that would encourage doctors and hospitals to ration care.

The Legislature also plans to leverage its power under the individual mandate to require "evidence-based purchasing strategies," which is another way of saying government bureaucrats may soon be deciding who gets medical care and who does not.

When former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin whipped people into a frenzy over "death panels," she was warning not only against a proposal for end-of-life counseling but plans that would make it easier for Medicare to use its existing power to try to ration care to the elderly and disabled.

RealClearPolitics - Massachusetts' Obama-like Reforms Increase Health Costs, Wait Times

Good post and completely true, if they had all this fraud in Medicare, and it seems they have known about it, why did they not do something to fix it, why wait. Hell President Obama a few months ago gave a deadline to congress to cut a measly 100 million out of the budget. I have not heard one thing about that since he spoke about it. They have not done that either. 100 million amounts to a half a drip of water in a 5 gallon bucket when it comes to the deficit and these idiots couldn't come up with any cuts. Now they are gonna fix medicare. you bettcha.

Now we are gonna improve health care, provide it to an additional 30 million people, maintain the same access we have today and improve quality. And it's not gonna cost us one single dime in new taxes and will not add one single dime to the deficit. If you belive that, I have some prime beach property for you right on the beach in Florida.:lol:

P. S you liberals did hear, didn't you, that you, under his plan, will be required to purchase a valid health insurance policy or you could be fined as much as $3,800 per year. What do you think about that, your FREE healthcare just took a nose dive out the window. Everyone will be mandated to have health insurance, there is no exclusion for LIBERALS. :clap2::clap2:

This is a damn good question on it's own. Now, rather than calling Obama a liar....why not let him OR Congress tell us how they are going to pay for it? Fair enough?

did you not listen to him last night......he said that it would be paid for by cutting waste and inefficencies in the existing governmnet run health care system.....

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........

First of all, the non-profit insurance was going to pay for itself. Those who participated in the public option would be paying for it.

The health insurance overhaul was going to be paid for by reducing inefficiencies in the system and higher taxes on the wealthy.

There, are you happy now? Or do you not want to be wealthy anymore cause you'll have to pay more in taxes. I wanted to be rich, but not if I have to be rich AND pay more taxes. Then its not worth it. I guess I'll just stay home, abuse welfare, have 5 kids by different women, sell my foodstamps for crack and all that cause the liberals want to keep the poor poor and there's no reason to work if I'm just going to be punished for succeeding.

did you not listen to him last night......he said that it would be paid for by cutting waste and inefficencies in the existing governmnet run health care system.....

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........

But ... how? Also, why is he working backwards? Putting money into something before you gcan get said money is what fucked up the economy,

Forum List

Back