Mom with cancer: "I Want to Apologize to Obama"

Sundial

Class Warrior
Aug 1, 2011
'Obamacare' to the rescue
A woman who felt President Obama had let the middle class down has changed her mind.

Fortunately for me, I've been saved by the federal government's Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan, something I had never heard of before needing it. It's part of President Obama's healthcare plan, one of the things that has already kicked in, and it guarantees access to insurance for U.S. citizens with preexisting conditions who have been uninsured for at least six months. The application was short, the premiums are affordable, and I have found the people who work in the administration office to be quite compassionate (nothing like the people I have dealt with over the years at other insurance companies.) It's not perfect, of course, and it still leaves many people in need out in the cold. But it's a start, and for me it's been a lifesaver — perhaps literally.

Which brings me to my apology. I was pretty mad at Obama before I learned about this new insurance plan. I had changed my registration from Democrat to Independent, and I had blacked out the top of the "h" on my Obama bumper sticker, so that it read, "Got nope" instead of "got hope." I felt like he had let down the struggling middle class. My son and I had campaigned for him, but since he took office, we felt he had let us down.

So this is my public apology. I'm sorry I didn't do enough of my own research to find out what promises the president has made good on. I'm sorry I didn't realize that he really has stood up for me and my family, and for so many others like us. I'm getting a new bumper sticker to cover the one that says "Got nope." It will say "ObamaCares."

Fortunately the Republicans have their own plan for the uninsured:

Audience at tea party debate cheers leaving uninsured to die.

It's worse then that.

Medicaid Cuts Killing Ariz. Transplant Patients - CBS News

Jan Brewer actually cut funding for 2 people..and caused their deaths.

Alan Grayson was right.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPpQ2MNaSDo]Democrat Alan Grayson Claims "Republicans Want You To Die" (Longer Version) - YouTube[/ame]

It's worse then that.

Alan Grayson was right.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPpQ2MNaSDo]Democrat Alan Grayson Claims "Republicans Want You To Die" (Longer Version) - YouTube[/ame]
Bull!!!

Nice.
How many people are going to die when resources are rationed because Obama's policies impose huge costs on insurance companies. Too bad they can't write to newspapers telling Obama to go fuck himself because they can't get life saving care.

It's worse then that.

Alan Grayson was right.

Bull!!!

The article is in the post, chief.

You guys want people to die. You guys cheer executions, want to torture people and attack countries that didn't attack us. Simple as that.

Last edited:
Nice.
How many people are going to die when resources are rationed because Obama's policies impose huge costs on insurance companies. Too bad they can't write to newspapers telling Obama to go fuck himself because they can't get life saving care.

Ah so making shit up again.

That's what conservative heroine and Arizona governor Jan Brewer REALLY did.

I'm sorry, but these LOVE stories about Obama make me gag..

The Guberment handled the Post Office so WELL. imagine..O---BAMACARE.

If you're going to compare Obamacare to something, why not compare it to... Medicare?

Is Medicare a failure?

A woman who felt President Obama had let the middle class down has changed her mind.

Fortunately for me, I've been saved by the federal government's Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan, something I had never heard of before needing it. It's part of President Obama's healthcare plan, one of the things that has already kicked in, and it guarantees access to insurance for U.S. citizens with preexisting conditions who have been uninsured for at least six months. The application was short, the premiums are affordable, and I have found the people who work in the administration office to be quite compassionate (nothing like the people I have dealt with over the years at other insurance companies.) It's not perfect, of course, and it still leaves many people in need out in the cold. But it's a start, and for me it's been a lifesaver — perhaps literally.

Which brings me to my apology. I was pretty mad at Obama before I learned about this new insurance plan. I had changed my registration from Democrat to Independent, and I had blacked out the top of the "h" on my Obama bumper sticker, so that it read, "Got nope" instead of "got hope." I felt like he had let down the struggling middle class. My son and I had campaigned for him, but since he took office, we felt he had let us down.

So this is my public apology. I'm sorry I didn't do enough of my own research to find out what promises the president has made good on. I'm sorry I didn't realize that he really has stood up for me and my family, and for so many others like us. I'm getting a new bumper sticker to cover the one that says "Got nope." It will say "ObamaCares."

please provide a link or i'll have to take it down

I'm sorry, but these LOVE stories about Obama make me gag..

The Guberment handled the Post Office so WELL. imagine..O---BAMACARE.

Here is the difference.

There was no competition to the post office until private businesses stepped up.

Private business runs health care and is failing miserably and now Government has to step in, because private business isn't stepping up. Maybe government wouldn't have to step in if private business would let capitalism work.

please provide a link or i'll have to take it down

Can I put a link up?

Forum List

Back