Mom wants to be buried next to her son but

I think the military needs to maintain some sort of standard. I tend to side with AMVETS:

AMVETS, however, said the measure would set a bad precedent for the veterans benefits system.

"Certainly we empathize with our Gold Star families," said AMVETS spokesman Jay Agg. "In this particular case, we really have to fall on the side on protecting the integrity of the veterans benefits system. The position of AMVETS is that the benefits are for service members and their eligible dependents."

This is particularly saddening:

"Every day I wake up and I look at his pictures and I cry," she said. "It doesn't get any easier. Maybe down the road I will be able to deal with it a little bit better, but right now it's not easy."

I hate to tell her this, but it is a wound that will never heal. You can see the grief on her face.

Prayers.

i would like to be buried with my parents but the deal is just mom can be buried with dad...we knew the deal when we elected to put dad in the main post graveyard...she knew the policy when she allowed her son to be buried in a va graveyard

I understand and sympathize with her grief but no. If she really wants to be buried next to her son then she can have his body moved to a private cemetery and purchase two plots side by side.

okay perhaps we assume everyone knows how this is done.....it is my understanding my father is buried at x number of feet ..that when my mother dies...she will be bured at x - 2 ft....(o hell i did algebra, i scare myself) i am not sure how dependant children are buried in the same grave...i have seen odd combo graves..twin brothers buried together....unfortunately the graveyards are filling up fast....ft bragg main post ....has expanded...the new section is nearly full.

We have my sister buried next to my brother, then my dad, and we just buried mom next to dad.

My brother's wife is in the same cemetery, but on the other side, and he will be buried by her.

I have no idea where I'll be buried, maybe by my husband if I ever get remarried? Or if not, my daughter will pick a place I guess.

We have my sister buried next to my brother, then my dad, and we just buried mom next to dad.

My brother's wife is in the same cemetery, but on the other side, and he will be buried by her.

I have no idea where I'll be buried, maybe by my husband if I ever get remarried? Or if not, my daughter will pick a place I guess.

I'm still seriously considering the Soylent Green factory. No fuss, no muss, the ultimate in "organ" donation.

The VA says no.

What do you think?

Nothing could be worse in life than losing a child. I understand her feelings and wishes.

Mom fights to be buried with soldier son - Yahoo! News

They didn't say "no", they said they don't grant waivers to the living. He was planted deep enough, just in case, so that she can be placed in the same grave..does that sound like they plan on denying the waiver?

Make sure all the paperwork is ready to file at the time of her death and I'm sure it will go through.

The VA says no.

What do you think?

Nothing could be worse in life than losing a child. I understand her feelings and wishes.

Mom fights to be buried with soldier son - Yahoo! News

If he died without being married, and without having any children, I don't see why she shouldn't be able to have the place that was reserved for the nonexistent spouse/children.

Since it has to be decided after she dies, she needs to add those wishes to her will, and then appoint someone close to her to carry them out for her...

As one who has buried my child, I fully sympathize with the mother. Outliving your children is the hardest road I have ever walked (and, guys and gals, that road never ever ends), but the VA must uphold its integrity.

Thus, those who have suggested to prepare the paper work before hand then have the survivors push for interment in the cemetery is the correct policy.

Being buried in a certain place or with someone is such a big deal?
Why?

it is just the sentiment really. But if it's important to her then she has two choices move him or pray her petition is honored when she dies.

Forum List

Back