Mom tells cops icy bodies in freezer are her kids

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
LUSBY, Maryland (AP) -- A mother told police that child-sized human remains uncovered in her basement freezer were those of her two adopted daughters, and police believe that she is responsible for their deaths.

Police were investigating an abuse complaint Saturday when they discovered the remains encased in ice.

The mother told investigators that they had been in her southern Maryland home for at least seven months, and police said they are considering the case a homicide.

"We have reason to believe that's the two children in the freezer," Lt. Bobby Jones of Calvert County Sheriff's Office said Monday. "We believe that the mother, who adopted the two children, is responsible for it."

Mom tells cops icy bodies in freezer are her kids - CNN.com

I see things like this and makes me wonder why anyone would want to sit in front of a court house and hold up a sign against the death penalty. This woman deserves to be treated no differently than the way she treated those kids. I know that she will likely be shown as mentally ill or even the defense given for the woman in Texas was what? Depression? So I am completely sure several groups will come to her defense at the expense of these girls who have no voice any longer. What a terrible shame, this had to happen to innocents, but I have to agree with Crimson, hopefully there is a special place in hell for these people.

I see things like this and makes me wonder why anyone would want to sit in front of a court house and hold up a sign against the death penalty. This woman deserves to be treated no differently than the way she treated those kids. I know that she will likely be shown as mentally ill or even the defense given for the woman in Texas was what? Depression? So I am completely sure several groups will come to her defense at the expense of these girls who have no voice any longer. What a terrible shame, this had to happen to innocents, but I have to agree with Crimson, hopefully there is a special place in hell for these people.

I vote we stick her ass in a freezer!

I'll never in my life understand how people do these things.

I am drawn on the death penalty issue, both sides make good arguments. But yeah, she deserves it.

Trial for what? Killing them? Or, if not killing them, just dumping them in a freezer?

I forgot how bitter you can be. Are you suggesting we just forgo the justice system when a newspaper article is enough to get us all hopped up and ready to lynch someone?

How about she gets a trial first?

Deputies made the gruesome find in Lusby, about 50 miles southeast of Washington, D.C. They were at the home with a search warrant to investigate what happened to a runaway 7-year-old girl who was found wandering the neighborhood, injured and hungry in a blood- and feces-soaked nightshirt.

Bowman, 43, has been arrested, and a judge ordered her held without bond. She is charged with first-degree child abuse in the beating of the 7-year-old.

"I asked if she was OK. She said no," said neighbor Phillip Garrett, who found the girl walking down the street. "She said, 'My mother beats me to death all the time."'

She escaped from a locked bedroom by jumping out a second-story window, and Bowman admitted beating her with a "hard-heeled shoe," officials said.

Bowman told detectives she brought the remains of her other daughters with her when she moved in February from Rockville, about 60 miles away. Montgomery County Police said they are investigating whether the deaths took place in Rockville and that detectives are trying to pin down when the older girls were last seen alive.

I'm betting all the odds she's guilty Anguille, though I get your point. Innocent until proven guilty, but..........shit that's some hardcore stuff there, makes me want to break down and weep for those poor little girls.

I forgot how bitter you can be. Are you suggesting we just forgo the justice system when a newspaper article is enough to get us all hopped up and ready to lynch someone?

Newspaper article aside.. Childrens bodies in freezer. Mother identified childrens bodies as her children. In freezer.

Again.. Trial for?

And you're right.. I have a VERY VERY low tolerance for ANY form of child abuse.

IIRC, Maryland does not have the death penalty. I believe that is why Maryland allowed Virginia to prosecute the DC Sniper case since Virginia does have it.

Forum List

Back