Mom Orders daughters out of car and drives off.

I think the mom wasn't real smart about this.... too many things can happen to kids alone now...

when do you think government has the right to protect kids... before birth??

(sorry, ravi and strolling ... not directed at you, but my initial take on this is I do disagree with you on this one).

Your initial reaction is a kneejerk attempt to turn this into yet another abortion debate.

no... it's noting that a lot of people who want no intervention after birth want it before... was just an observation.

nothing kneejerk.

my initial reaction was...

again in case you chose to miss it because you wanted to snipe onthe other issue... [quopte]the mom wasn't real smart about this.... too many things can happen to kids alone now...
[/QUOTE]

Interfering with the normal, non-abusive rearing of children and interfering with the murder of the vulnerable and helpless are two different things.

Of course you know that. That's why you want them irretrievably linked in everyone's minds. So we'll assume they are alike.

They're not.

We used to ask our parents to drop us off and let us walk home.

When I was 10 I rode my bike all over town, easily riding more than 5 miles from home. And we had no cell phones or anything. Just bikes with underinflated tires, a couple dollars and a few friends.

I remember when I was a kid genuinely believing that it was legal for my dad to kill me. It was that fear that kept me out of REAL trouble. He never abused us, but he did discipline us with a firm hand. Today, that would be called child abuse, I guess.

Forum List

Back