Mom knows Best..

I recall when I was 17..

I'm prepping up for an evening of picking up Gals.. and I'm looking good. No acne outbreaks, hairs looking good, clothes just right, I smell great and I'm hot and ready to go..Nothing could stop me.. Gals beware.. :thup:

Well, I walk out after the prep and my Mother senses my ego inflation, she was big on personality over conceit... She gives me the once over and says, "Hey, no matter how good looking you THINK you are there's always someone better looking"...

Sheesh... She was right of course as the best Moms are but dang I recall that lesson even now...:lol:

"Hey, no matter how good looking you THINK you are there's always someone better looking"...

That was wise advice Lumpy 1, because it lasted and is well worth handing down to your kiddo's. :) The one I will never forget is, "when in doubt, don't." I feel that has served me very well.

Mom was a Park Ridge socialite. Daughter of a Chicago banker.
She married an 8th grade dropout from Oklahoma who didn't have a dime in his pocket.
He must have been quite the bullshitter to wing that gal.
He borrowed $500 and they set up house.
7 kids later she had her fill and went south. He died soon after and there she was a 45 year old widow with kids aged 3 to 17. Damn she was hard with us.
But she drilled it in us- make it on your own, believe in yourself, and above all- have a sense of humor.

I miss her, but then again I don't.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back