MOM I want my M-Fing Chocolate milk NOW!!!!

It always bugs me when a 8 or 10 year old kid comes in for a physical with their parent and the parent complains that the kid doesn't go to sleep until late.

When asked why, they tell me that the child is playing Playstation and watching DVDs until very late...in their own room on their own plasma TV!!!

And then the parent complains that the sound of the TV is so loud that they can hear it clearly throughout the entire single-wide trailer.

and these paren'ts done see the solution to their problem, do they?

Hey take away the TV or make them turn it off....OMG revelations

How about body slamming the lil' brat onto his XBox?

Nah, might hurt the XBox.

It always bugs me when a 8 or 10 year old kid comes in for a physical with their parent and the parent complains that the kid doesn't go to sleep until late.

When asked why, they tell me that the child is playing Playstation and watching DVDs until very late...in their own room on their own plasma TV!!!

And then the parent complains that the sound of the TV is so loud that they can hear it clearly throughout the entire single-wide trailer.

Whenmy kids weren't even 3 yet I had an obnoxious next door neighbor threatened to call child welfare in on me becasue my kids didn't have TVs in their bedrooms. She called it neglect. :lol:
There is one me to monitor what's on, so there is one TV. End of story.

You must be shitting me. She really did that?

She really did. And her husband used to flash me out the bedroom window when she was at work. Lovely people, I'm glad we moved. :thup:

Last edited:
Yuck!

I had a checker at Walmart grab my kid and fling her into my cart...I had a broken foot, another toddler, and my daughter was trying to break for the doors. I pinned her against the counter with my hip, while holding onto my other squirming, screaming child whose favorite thing was to fling himself to the floor, dead weight on my arm, and wait till I loosened my grip..whereupon he would also dash away, blindly, into whatever traffic or crowd happened to be available.

That woman came around the counter, grabbed my girl and plopped her into the basket and said "You're CHOKING her..."

I was astounded, I didn't even know what to think. I said, "she runs into the street" and the woman looked scandalized. I finished lamely with "You know, if you had just SAID she was choking that would have worked."

She wasn't choking. I had her pinned. She was undoubtedly pink faced, because both of these kids were like wild animals (one still is, but he's getting better) when they were toddlers. Their older brothers (on dad's side) were the same way. I always thought that was from the parents being slack, but it is truly and honestly genetic in some cases, and my kids are living proof of it. They are almost 6 & 7 and they have just recently (as in a couple of months) learned not to race across the street blindly, or race down the middle of the road. It's NOT because they haven't been told millions of times, and punished, and had goodies and treats withheld. It's because they have very strong impulses and have to reach a certain age to control them.

Anyway, that lady thought I was abusing my child because I was keeping her from running out into the parking lot (a very busy, very fast & crowded parking lot).

I was mortified...there were people in line who saw her do it and who heard her say "YOU'RE CHOKING HER".

I went home and called her supervisor. I told her who I was, what had happened, and said if it hadn't happened so fast I would have clocked the bitch. I also said if I was anything inclined to be abusive, such behavior would trigger anger against the children, instead of teaching me a lesson.

I also told them if I went into Walmart and saw her checking, I'd leave.

They disciplined her. They said they would, aplogized all over the place...I know they did...because they immediately removed her from check out and started her stocking merchandise.

Always think twice before you trespass on someone else's kids. You don't know what's going on. My kids are yellers and screamers, as were their older brothers. I had one boy scream a high-pitched scream like he was being killed all the way through town because I didn't buy him an ice cream cone once, after telling him if he misbehaved in the store, he wouldn't get an ice cream. The windows were down, and I know ppl thought he was being killed. My ears hurt. He wasn't faking, either...he was sobbing and throwing himself around as well as he could, red faced and freaked out.

We went home and he screamed for another hour and a half. And this was nothing unusual...

You just never know. Always tread lightly with others' kids. Including x-box boy. Probably that got onto YouTube after mom taped it to show it to him to show him what a colossal asshole he was while using the x-box.

Oh, and I also told them I was a reporter (I was) and was going to do an editorial on it.

You reminded me of a time when i used to be a manager for walgreens. I had a lil kid in the toy aisle who opened up a box of crayons and started coloring in a coloring book.

I came around the corner and said in a stern voice to the child "What are you doing, Did you pay for those?" He just looked up at me and his mother, who was waiting for her perscription, said "Dont you talk to my son like that" to which I said "Well he opened those crayons and used them in the book so you will have to pay for them" to which she said "the hell I will" to which I said "Ok Ma'am".

I preceded to go to the security office and grab security, who saw it all on tape, then the security guy, myself, and the other manager on duty waited for her at the front door. She got up to the front of the line and saw the 3 of us standing there and she got a look on her face like she knew what was going on. I walked over to her and calmly asked her "where are the crayons and book?" to which she said "on the shelf". I told her to "go get them and pay for them as using product is the same as shoplifting"....to which she said "NO" to which I said "Fine, but if you walk out the door we will detain you and I will call the police"

She bought the stuff.

I would have let it slide if she told the kid that it was wrong and to stop....i would have just marked down the crayons and book as damages. All she had to do was say "dont do that honey, its wrong to use stuff in the store thats not yours"

You're story is totally differnet than mine allie but you reminded me of this moment in my life.

Forum List

Back