Mom arrested for letting kids play outside

auditor0007

Gold Member
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, OH
Mom sues police and neighbor after she is arrested for letting her kids play outside

Allowing your kids to play on scooters outside the house on a quiet street seems innocent--and common--enough. But a Texas mom was arrested and spent the night in jail after a neighbor complained that the children were unsupervised.
The parent, Tammy Cooper, disputes the "humiliating" charge, saying she was watching the kids, ages 6 and 9, the whole time from a lawn chair.

Mom sues police and neighbor after she is arrested for letting her kids play outside | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News

Who cares if she was watching them or not? What, now our kids can't play outside unless we are within 25 feet of them? This country is going mad. What the fuck is wrong with people. The arresting officer should be bitch slapped silly. And the woman that called the cops needs to get a life.

Christ, I hope there isn't anyone here stupid enough to think the cops did the right thing by arresting her.

texas? Texas? They needed to be wielding guns and then nobody would have called the cops.

Texas?

Mom sues police and neighbor after she is arrested for letting her kids play outside

Allowing your kids to play on scooters outside the house on a quiet street seems innocent--and common--enough. But a Texas mom was arrested and spent the night in jail after a neighbor complained that the children were unsupervised.
The parent, Tammy Cooper, disputes the "humiliating" charge, saying she was watching the kids, ages 6 and 9, the whole time from a lawn chair.

Mom sues police and neighbor after she is arrested for letting her kids play outside | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News

Who cares if she was watching them or not? What, now our kids can't play outside unless we are within 25 feet of them?
This country is going mad. What the fuck is wrong with people. The arresting officer should be bitch slapped silly. And the woman that called the cops needs to get a life.

Christ, I hope there isn't anyone here stupid enough to think the cops did the right thing by arresting her.

Exactly what I thought. Even if she wasn't watching-who cares? This country turns more into a nanny state all the time it seems.

The neighbor in question must be one of those neighbors. You know, the ones who think everything going on in the neighborhood is somehow someway their business.

You left out the part that they were playing in the street on scooters. Were they unsupervised or was the mom really in a lawn chair making sure a car didn't hit them? What else was left out of the post?

The neighbor in question must be one of those neighbors. You know, the ones who think everything going on in the neighborhood is somehow someway their business.

Yeah, most of us have one of those neighbors.
I call them nosy ass bitches.

I'd laugh myself silly if they slip in the winter on an ice patch while going to check their mailbox....then I wouldn't bother helping them~

People should learn to mind their own damn business....let children be children..
Prolly the end of the month for the copper too....he had to get his quota in.....fucking asshole.

I'm not saying it's true in this case (but I suspect it). The power of the media is awesome. They can create outrage just by withholding critical facts and you still can't accuse them of lying.

You left out the part that they were playing in the street on scooters. Were they unsupervised or was the mom really in a lawn chair making sure a car didn't hit them? What else was left out of the post?

It was a residential cul-de-sac. Kids play and ride bikes and scooters in cul-de-sacs all the time.

Forum List

Back