Mohammed's racist hadith (saying)

What is your point? -----the issue was racism ------not surealistic poetry. The dreams experienced by "al nabi" are considered, by muslims to be
direct revelations from "allah"-------in fact muslim leaders STILL explain their
actions by claiming that allah communicated to them in "HOLY DREAMS" The writings of prophets of the OT------are mostly --------just poetry

Well the New Testament contains communications from the Most High God in dreams...but the point is quite obvious. :) Mohammed made a racist statement.

I have to agree with you. I believe history tells us that Mohammad saw the black man or woman synonymous with slavery and that cannot be taken in any other way but racist, Anonymous. You know, in Islamic nations there are families who will put their daughter to death if she dates an African man. That is more evidence that Mohammad was teaching his people that the African people were less important than the Arab people and such attitudes lead to racism. In the bible racism is a sin that will keep you out of heaven. We cannot enter heaven hating people because of the color of their skin. We are all the same. None of us are better than anyone else.

What is your point? -----the issue was racism ------not surealistic poetry. The dreams experienced by "al nabi" are considered, by muslims to be
direct revelations from "allah"-------in fact muslim leaders STILL explain their
actions by claiming that allah communicated to them in "HOLY DREAMS" The writings of prophets of the OT------are mostly --------just poetry

Well the New Testament contains communications from the Most High God in dreams...but the point is quite obvious. :) Mohammed made a racist statement.

I have to agree with you. I believe history tells us that Mohammad saw the black man or woman synonymous with slavery and that cannot be taken in any other way but racist, Anonymous. You know, in Islamic nations there are families who will put their daughter to death if she dates an African man. That is more evidence that Mohammad was teaching his people that the African people were less important than the Arab people and such attitudes lead to racism. In the bible racism is a sin that will keep you out of heaven. We cannot enter heaven hating people because of the color of their skin. We are all the same. None of us are better than anyone else.

There is none of that in the passage quoted. Not a thing. It's a simple dream interpretation. The adjective "black" is just that -- an adjective, nothing more. It doesn't go into anything about what that means; the entire story is in the action -- not the adjective. "going out of Medina and settling at Mahai'a, i.e., Al-Juhfa". That's where the action is. You people who freak out every time you see the word black or white are just looking for what isn't there.

It's common in dream-recounting to remember details vividly that have nothing to do with the symbology of what's actually going on. Dream messages are very subtle; the descriptive details are largely meaningless.

There is none of that in the passage quoted. Not a thing. It's a simple dream interpretation. The adjective "black" is just that -- an adjective, nothing more. It doesn't go into anything about what that means; the entire story is in the action -- not the adjective. "going out of Medina and settling at Mahai'a, i.e., Al-Juhfa". That's where the action is.

It's common in dream-recounting to remember details vividly that have nothing to do with the symbology of what's actually going on. Dream messages are very subtle; the descriptive details are largely meaningless.

I do not doubt what you are saying, Pogo. With that said, would it not be appropriate for the Muslims to relinquish their claim on Jerusalem? Mohammad's only travel to Jerusalem was in a dream. What he dreamed did not happen in reality. There is not a single verse (surah) that mentions Jerusalem in the Koran so if a dream doesn't mean anything as you say then Al Asqa mosque should be moved to Saudi Arabia. Wouldn't you agree?

There is none of that in the passage quoted. Not a thing. It's a simple dream interpretation. The adjective "black" is just that -- an adjective, nothing more. It doesn't go into anything about what that means; the entire story is in the action -- not the adjective. "going out of Medina and settling at Mahai'a, i.e., Al-Juhfa". That's where the action is.

I do not doubt what you are saying, Pogo. With that said, would it not be appropriate for the Muslims to relinquish their claim on Jerusalem? Mohammad's only travel to Jerusalem was in a dream. What he dreamed did not happen in reality. There is not a single verse (surah) that mentions Jerusalem in the Koran so if a dream doesn't mean anything as you say then Al Asqa mosque should be moved to Saudi Arabia. Wouldn't you agree?

I know nothing of this. Far as I know this topic is about a particular dream-interpretation passage and how it's allegedly "racist" merely on the basis that it contains the word "black". I came to bury that notion, and I have.

...the Moslem term for "infidel" or "one without religion" is a term that has been equated with Black people, in the history of Arab-African relations:

Kaffir (racial term) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know nothing of this. Far as I know this topic is about a particular dream-interpretation passage and how it's allegedly "racist" merely on the basis that it contains the word "black". I came to bury that notion, and I have.
Fair enough, Pogo. Thank you for your response.

...the Moslem term for "infidel" or "one without religion" is a term that has been equated with Black people, in the history of Arab-African relations:

That is interesting! I did not know that!

In uh... South Africa?

No, it didn't mean "black people" in its original form. It meant "black non-Muslims" as the Portuguese used it. And that by the way is from your own link.

And from a sub-link off that link:

>> Kafir (Arabic: كافر‎ kāfir; plural كفّار kuffār; feminine كافرة kāfirah) is an Arabic term (from the root K-F-R "to cover") used in an Islamic doctrinal sense, usually translated as "unbeliever," "disbeliever," or "infidel". The term [4] alludes to a person who rejects or disbelieves in God and the religious truth revealed through the mission of the Islamic Prophet Muhammad, and thus demonstrates ingratitude towards God;[5] denies, refuses to accept the dominion and authority of God;[6] or otherwise does not heed the beliefs and prescriptions held by the religion of Islam. Unbelief is called kufr. Kafir is sometimes used interchangeably with mushrik (مشرك, those who commit polytheism), another type of religious wrongdoer mentioned frequently in the Quran and Islamic works.[7] Jews and Christians are regarded as kuffar. [5][7] The practise of declaring another self-professed Muslim a kafir is known as takfir.[8] <<

Ruh-roh. Nothing about "black" or any other colour in there.

I've got Kaffir lime leaves in my cupboard. Looking for a good recipe to use 'em.

Last edited:
In uh... South Africa?

No, it didn't mean "black people" in its original form. It meant "black non-Muslims" as the Portuguese used it. And that by the way is from your own link.

>> Kafir (Arabic: كافر‎ kāfir; plural كفّار kuffār; feminine كافرة kāfirah) is an Arabic term (from the root K-F-R "to cover") used in an Islamic doctrinal sense, usually translated as "unbeliever," "disbeliever," or "infidel". The term [4] alludes to a person who rejects or disbelieves in God and the religious truth revealed through the mission of the Islamic Prophet Muhammad, and thus demonstrates ingratitude towards God;[5] denies, refuses to accept the dominion and authority of God;[6] or otherwise does not heed the beliefs and prescriptions held by the religion of Islam. Unbelief is called kufr. Kafir is sometimes used interchangeably with mushrik (مشرك, those who commit polytheism), another type of religious wrongdoer mentioned frequently in the Quran and Islamic works.[7] Jews and Christians are regarded as kuffar. [5][7] The practise of declaring another self-professed Muslim a kafir is known as takfir.[8] <<

I've got Kaffir lime leaves in my cupboard. Looking for a good recipe to use 'em.

Actually idiot this is what the link says...:

"Variations of the word were used in English, Dutch, and, later, in Afrikaans, from the 16th century to the early 20th century as a general term for several different peoples of Southern Africa."

Dumb*ss

Last edited:

It's ok that you did not know Jeremiah-----the word KAFFIR has been "used"
by all sorts of people -------but in ISLAMIC ARABIC USAGE it means any non-muslim. The semitic root of the word is KFR (some people here know that
semitic words have three letter roots) The root letters refers to something like
"conceal" or "hide" A kaffir is a person who "conceals" the truth-----the "TRUTH" in Islamic "thought" is the religion --islam. Any non muslim is a filthy
KAFFIR------that includes Christians as white as snow------and jews of any color---
and even more so------hindus and Buddhists and Taoists of any color or location.
In Islamic Arabic usage it is a derogatory term-------OTHER people picked it
for whatever they wished to derogate. KOFFAR in Hebrew is simply a person
who cynically rejects any reality------it is rarely used as far as I know----and not
in terms of "other religions" The muslim Arabic word for the little hat muslims
wear to COVER their heads is KUFI-------the second Hebrew world that Hebrew
speakers use for the little beanie on the head is KIPA------entirely related
words-----as in THE POPE WEARS A KIPA (little skull cap)

In uh... South Africa?

Actually idiot this is what the link says...:

"Variations of the word were used in English, Dutch, and, later, in Afrikaans, from the 16th century to the early 20th century as a general term for several different peoples of Southern Africa."

Dumb*ss

Also notes it's used in Sri Lanka for Portuguese descendants.

None of which support your original claim, again conveniently edited out, which was:

Afrikaans IS Dutch btw. In the same way that what they speak in Québec is French.

Last edited:

by all sorts of people -------but in ISLAMIC ARABIC USAGE it means any non-muslim. The semitic root of the word is KFR (some people here know that
semitic words have three letter roots) The root letters refers to something like
"conceal" or "hide" A kaffir is a person who "conceals" the truth-----the "TRUTH" in Islamic "thought" is the religion --islam. Any non muslim is a filthy
KAFFIR------that includes Christians as white as snow------and jews of any color---
and even more so------hindus and Buddhists and Taoists of any color or location.
who cynically rejects any reality------it is rarely used as far as I know----and not

I have certainly received an education today! Between you, Anonymous and Pogo! I'm impressed. You guys know so much! Very bright people on this thread!

I have certainly received an education today! Between you, Anonymous and Pogo! I'm impressed. You guys know so much! Very bright people on this thread!

aw shucks Jeri-----ya think anon, pogo and me can be a team on Jeopardy? ----
uhm.......... well not me----but thanks anyway

"Where's the Racism" for 600, Alex!"

In uh... South Africa?

Absolutely! Between the three of you? I believe you'd win! I am very impressed with the vast knowledge Pogo has shown on this thread. As they ask about other countries, languages, etc on Jeopardy he would surely be an asset! You all have your strong points.

Absolutely! Between the three of you? I believe you'd win! I am very impressed with the vast knowledge Pogo has shown on this thread. As they ask about other countries, languages, etc on Jeopardy he would surely be an asset! You all have your strong points.

I do want to say something about racism as Rosie is Jewish and knows what it is like to be discriminated against - racism is something that should not be happening - we all need to show compassion to anyone who has suffered because of it and let them know that we don't approve of racism in any way, shape or form - no matter where it is coming from.

"Where's the Racism" for 600, Alex!"

Yikes.

In uh... South Africa?

Thangyew.
That stuff has always interested me. I actually studied Dutch as a kid, via shortwave radio, at the same time I was studying German in school. Very similar, which trains the brain to see subtle differences.

Also notes it's used in Sri Lanka for Portuguese descendants.

None of which support your original claim, again conveniently edited out, which was:

Afrikaans IS Dutch btw. In the same way that what they speak in Québec is French.

Lololol look man, I realize that your brain is fried from too much of this (your experiencing God's Wrath of hell LOLOLOLOL:)

image.jpg

but I said nothing about the word except what the page cites of it's use for Blacks...I didn't say it, the page said it nitwit...(again as I cited, in Arab-African relations the term has been used as a "general term for several different peoples of Southern Africa." Lolol)

Get a life, you dumb sh*t and get off my jock...

Pogo is a wonderful person. He is very dear to me. He is not a Christian and if he is to be won to Christ it won't be done like this. If you disagree on the discussion then disagree but don't resort to this. Using Jesus Christ as a weapon against someone is never right.

Forum List

Back