mohammed was a pedophile

I am definetly no scholar but much of what I learned was not from my brothers and sisters in Islam, but from atheist teachers who teach at the University I attend. The Quran is a book of holy text. Instead of having the word in flesh, like Jesus in christianity, we believe the Quran is the true word of Allah. The hadith, are less reliable. Some may be faulable, and therefore one should always look to the Quran if they want to take a stance against Islam. In the time of Mohammed, (peace be upon him) the Byzantium Empire was still somewhat thriving. Much of what these christian leaders were doing was forcing their belief on everyone else and killing anyone who did not agree. They killed Jews and any Christian that did not practice correctly. When Mohammed (peace be upon him) conquered the lands of course people were killed. There is always some bloodshed in battle, but after the land had been taken the people were allowed to live as long as they paid a tax to the Islamic government. I don't know about you but I would much rather pay a tax than get killed for my beliefs.
I also wanted to talk about many of the posts about wife beating. I converted to Islam a little over a year ago and have yet to be hit by husband. Yes, it is permissible in Islam to hit your wife, but only lighty, not in the face, and it cannot leave a mark. The only reason to hit her would be if she were not following Islamic laws. Plus, before a man can hit her he must tell her many times what she is doing wrong, then he must avoid sleeping in the same bed for so many nights then if she continues to disobey the word of Allah, then he can hit her lightly. Hitting is seen as a last resort in order to help the wife get back on the straight path. I don't know about everyone else but I would much rather avoid going to hell than being hit by my husband, especially since it isn't that hard anyway. Plus, if I am so adimant about disobeying God as to give up sleeping with my husband, whom I love dearly, I would really need something to make me realize how wrong I am.
There are always people who do not follow these rules and therefore give Islam a bad name. It is much like me comparing Christians to the KKK. Do not read one hadith and believe that it is the truth of all time. What the most important lesson I learned from the Quran is that it is not just a book of rules of regulations for Muslims from birth but also a step by step guide for new converts. For example drinking is only prohbited for prayer at first and then only later do we find out that it is prohibited altogether. This is an example of how maybe one portion of the Quran or Hadith may say something that is later denied in another section. So before you can make any comments against Islam you must be very knowledgable in what the prophet (peace be upon him) said because maybe later it was refuted. I would encourage anyone to go to www.islamway.com and ask one of the scholars. If you look for your information anyone else you will get a slanted view and it is much like going to your physician and asking them what is wrong with your car. I physician knows a lot about physics, mathematics, and science, but they will never be able to help you as much as a car mechanic.
Anyway, I am sorry for such a long post but I thought something should be said. Please let me know what you think. I hope to hear from you soon!
Thanks,
Stephanie Khaldi

ummmm....skhaldi, go to "prove it 2" under the "war on terrorism" section.

You want Info from the koran with an informed perspective, that ought to get you started.

Originally posted by skhaldi
I am definetly no scholar but much of what I learned was not from my brothers and sisters in Islam, but from atheist teachers who teach at the University I attend.

probably with a liberal agenda.

The Quran is a book of holy text. Instead of having the word in flesh, like Jesus in christianity, we believe the Quran is the true word of Allah. The hadith, are less reliable. Some may be faulable, and therefore one should always look to the Quran if they want to take a stance against Islam.

thus we should completely ignore the life of the person who was islams founder.

In the time of Mohammed, (peace be upon him) the Byzantium Empire was still somewhat thriving. Much of what these christian leaders were doing was forcing their belief on everyone else and killing anyone who did not agree. They killed Jews and any Christian that did not practice correctly. When Mohammed (peace be upon him) conquered the lands of course people were killed. There is always some bloodshed in battle, but after the land had been taken the people were allowed to live as long as they paid a tax to the Islamic government. I don't know about you but I would much rather pay a tax than get killed for my beliefs.

well,at least you admit he used war to conquer lands.they were allowed to live as long as......(stop and think about that for a second).our founding fathers fought and died because the british imposed a 6% tax and did not allow us representation.

I also wanted to talk about many of the posts about wife beating. I converted to Islam a little over a year ago and have yet to be hit by husband. Yes, it is permissible in Islam to hit your wife, but only lighty, not in the face, and it cannot leave a mark. The only reason to hit her would be if she were not following Islamic laws. Plus, before a man can hit her he must tell her many times what she is doing wrong, then he must avoid sleeping in the same bed for so many nights then if she continues to disobey the word of Allah, then he can hit her lightly. Hitting is seen as a last resort in order to help the wife get back on the straight path. I don't know about everyone else but I would much rather avoid going to hell than being hit by my husband, especially since it isn't that hard anyway.

you sound like alot of abused women who just can't come to terms with being a victim of violent behaviour.read the hadith and you will see what mohammed said about women and their worth.

Plus, if I am so adimant about disobeying God as to give up sleeping with my husband, whom I love dearly, I would really need something to make me realize how wrong I am.
There are always people who do not follow these rules and therefore give Islam a bad name. It is much like me comparing Christians to the KKK.

jesus said go and preach the word to the entire world(not conquer lands or exclude blacks or hate jews.in fact jesus said first go to the jews then the gentiles.also one of the first converts to christianity was a black eunuch from ethiopia).so you're comparison is quite possibly the stupidest thing i've ever heard.

Do not read one hadith and believe that it is the truth of all time. What the most important lesson I learned from the Quran is that it is not just a book of rules of regulations for Muslims from birth but also a step by step guide for new converts. For example drinking is only prohbited for prayer at first and then only later do we find out that it is prohibited altogether. This is an example of how maybe one portion of the Quran or Hadith may say something that is later denied in another section. So before you can make any comments against Islam you must be very knowledgable in what the prophet (peace be upon him) said because maybe later it was refuted.

the problem is the koran is not in chronological order.if it was you would see that the more peaceful verses are abrogated with more militant verses.

I would encourage anyone to go to www.islamway.com and ask one of the scholars. If you look for your information anyone else you will get a slanted view and it is much like going to your physician and asking them what is wrong with your car. I physician knows a lot about physics, mathematics, and science, but they will never be able to help you as much as a car mechanic.

and like a car mechanic i wonder if i'm getting an honest estimate.

Anyway, I am sorry for such a long post but I thought something should be said. Please let me know what you think. I hope to hear from you soon!
Thanks,

what would it take for you to call mohammed a immoral man?murder,theft,rape,lying?

Stephanie Khaldi
[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by cptpwichita
why rush to protect such a man is puzzling to me.are you a muslim or have family and friends who are muslim and are too afraid of straining those relationships.or do you live in a islamic community and are afraid to speak out,although i think probably not since the tone of your letter shows a instant defensive mechanism with no intellectual objections would most likely show that you are in fact a muslim yourself and have been brain-washed into a particular line of thinking and taught to reject anything critical of mohammed or islam.the facts i have shown can easily be verified with little effort.in fact i only gave a small sample of the violent acts of mohammed and it only gets worse.it is very saddening to see that people can be so decieved and thereby devoid of reasoning and common sense.

Well, I wasn't going to respond to this stuff but I felt I had to. Mainly because I got frustrated trying to sort through your logic. Might I suggest the following points:

1. If you are going to breakdown Islam and/or Christianity, a rather complex task, at least do it the dignity of speaking clearly. Muslim should be capitalized. As well as Islam. They are proper names. Small points, but they lead to my next. Shouldn't questions be followed by question marks? Very hard to follow you logic, if it is that, without these punctuation marks.

2. Does one have to: a) be a Muslim b) have family who is Muslim c) live in an Islamic community, etc. to disagree with you? You seem to say so.

3. Well I'll stop there. Proper English and refraining from attacking your adversaries will make you more worthy...

I refuse to even show enough respect to islam as to capitalize the word.

Originally posted by skhaldi
Do not read one hadith and believe that it is the truth of all time. What the most important lesson I learned from the Quran is that it is not just a book of rules of regulations for Muslims from birth but also a step by step guide for new converts. For example drinking is only prohbited for prayer at first and then only later do we find out that it is prohibited altogether. This is an example of how maybe one portion of the Quran or Hadith may say something that is later denied in another section. So before you can make any comments against Islam you must be very knowledgable in what the prophet (peace be upon him) said because maybe later it was refuted.

Are you kidding me? How can Mohammed be preaching the word of God if he contradicts himself? Did God change his mind? Or did Mohammed screw up the translation?

More proof, in my mind, that the Quran is not a reliable religious text.

Originally posted by cptpwichita
if anyone of you muslims miss prayer here is a good excuse.

narrated abdullah:the prophet was told that a person had kept on sleeping till morning and had not got up for the prayer.the prophet said,"satan urinated in his ears."
vol 2:245 al-bukhari

Was that before he urinated on the 8 year old girl or before he masurbated on the girls father????:eek: :( :) I mean Mohammed not Satan of course...He does, after all have a rep to uphold.

Originally posted by NewGuy
I refuse to even show enough respect to islam as to capitalize the word.

Thanks bro, Me neither...IMHO it is a bunch of crap written and plagerized by a freakin phsycopathic, child molesting, pedophile, terrorist POS.... Unbelievable that so many retards on this planet practice a sadistic lying crap cult.

Originally posted by jimnyc
A Muslim dies and goes to heaven. When he gets there, St. Peter meets him at the gate and says, "Welcome to heaven my son, please enter!"

The Muslim says "Oh no, no, I cannot enter without seeing Allah." St. Peter says, "Oh... Allah. He is upstairs."

The Muslim says, "Well of course, Allah is upstairs!" He climbs upstairs and meets Jesus.

Jesus says "Welcome to heaven my child, please enter!" And the Muslim says "Oh no, no, with all due respect, I cannot enter without seeing Allah."

Jesus says "But of course...Allah is upstairs, top floor."

The Muslim smiles and thinks to himself, "Of course, Allah is on top of heaven itself because He is most high!"

At the final gate he meets the all mighty Lord himself who says "Welcome to heaven my child, please enter."

As expected, the Muslim says he cannot enter without meeting Allah, to which the Lord replies "I understand, my child...Allah is here. But he is busy right now. Why don't you have a seat and wait for him?"

The Muslim is so excited that his Allah is so important, after all he always believed this was so. The Lord says to the Muslim "Why you must be parched, would you like a drink?"

The Muslim says, "Yes, I would like a drink. I would like that very much."

And the Lord asks, "Would you like a Coke?"

The Muslim says "Yes, that sounds good, thank you."

The Lord says, "It does indeed. I think I'll join you."

And with that the Lord snapped his fingers and said, "Allah, bring two cokes!"

Thats funny. whered you find that?

I don't understand Islam at all. Mohammed came up with it after talking to Christians and Jews:
On his commercial journeys to Syria and Palestine he became acquainted with Jews and Christians, and acquired an imperfect knowledge of their religion and traditions. He was a man of retiring disposition, addicted to prayer and fasting, and was subject to epileptic fits. In his fortieth year (A.D. 612), he claimed to have received a call from the Angel Gabriel, and thus began his active career as the prophet of Allah and the apostle of Arabia. His converts were about forty in all, including his wife, his daughter, his father-in-law Abu Bakr, his adopted son Ali Omar, and his slave Zayd. By his preaching and his attack on heathenism, Mohammed provoked persecution which drove him from Mecca to Medina in 622, the year of the Hejira (Flight) and the beginning of the Mohammedan Era. At Medina he was recognized as the prophet of God, and his followers increased. He took the field against his enemies, conquered several Arabian, Jewish, and Christian tribes, entered Mecca in triumph in 630, demolished the idols of the Kaaba, became master of Arabia, and finally united all the tribes under one emblem and one religion. In 632 he made his last pilgrimage to Mecca at the head of forty thousand followers, and soon after his return died of a violent fever in the sixty-third year of his age, the eleventh of the Hejira, and the year 633 of the Christian era.
Mohammed was simple in his habits, but most careful of his personal appearance. He loved perfumes and hated strong drink. Of a highly nervous temperament, he shrank from bodily pain. Though gifted with great powers of imagination, he was taciturn. He was affectionate and magnanimous, pious and austere in the practice of his religion, brave, zealous, and above reproach in his personal and family conduct. Palgrave, however, wisely remarks that "the ideals of Arab virtue were first conceived and then attributed to him". Nevertheless, with every allowance for exaggeration, Mohammed is shown by his life and deeds to have been a man of dauntless courage, great generalship, strong patriotism, merciful by nature, and quick to forgive. And yet he was ruthless in his dealings with the Jews, when once he had ceased to hope for their submission. He approved of assassination, when it furthered his cause; however barbarous or treacherous the means, the end justified it in his eyes; and in more than one case he not only approved, but also instigated the crime.

Concerning his moral character and sincerity contradictory opinions have been expressed by scholars in the last three centuries. Many of these opinions are biased either by an extreme hatred of Islam and its founder or by an exaggerated admiration, coupled with a hatred of Christianity. Luther looked upon him as "a devil and first-born child of Satan". Maracci held that Mohammed and Mohammedanism were not very dissimilar to Luther and Protestantism. Spanheim and D'Herbelot characterize him as a "wicked impostor", and a "dastardly liar", while Prideaux stamps him as a wilful deceiver. Such indiscriminate abuse is unsupported by facts. Modern scholars, such as Sprenger, Noldeke, Weil, Muir, Koelle, Grimme, Margoliouth, give us a more correct and unbiased estimate of Mohammed's life and character, and substantially agree as to his motives, prophetic call, personal qualifications, and sincerity. The various estimates of several recent critics have been ably collected and summarized by Zwemer, in his "Islam, a Challenge to Faith" (New York, 1907). According to Sir William Muir, Marcus Dods, and some others, Mohammed was at first sincere, but later, carried away by success, he practised deception wherever it would gain his end. Koelle "finds the key to the first period of Mohammed's life in Khadija, his first wife", after whose death he became a prey to his evil passions. Sprenger attributes the alleged revelations to epileptic fits, or to "a paroxysm of cataleptic insanity". Zwemer himself goes on to criticize the life of Mohammed by the standards, first, of the Old and New Testaments, both of which Mohammed acknowledged as Divine revelation; second, by the pagan morality of his Arabian compatriots; lastly, by the new law of which he pretended to be the "divinely appointed medium and custodian". According to this author, the prophet was false even to the ethical traditions of the idolatrous brigands among whom he lived, and grossly violated the easy sexual morality of his own system. After this, it is hardly necessary to say that, in Zwemer's opinion, Mohammed fell very far short of the most elementary requirements of Scriptural morality. Quoting Johnstone, Zwemer concludes by remarking that the judgment of these modern scholars, however harsh, rests on evidence which "comes all from the lips and the pens of his own devoted adherents. . .And the followers of the prophet can scarcely complain if, even on such evidence, the verdict of history goes against him".

Apologies for the lengthiness of this. I don't understand how this dude can not like physical pain yet support others doing so. Oh well.

Forum List

Back