Mohamed Noor convicted in shooting of Justine Damond.

I think many cases like this are due to cowardice on the part of policemen who should never be policemen. They're afraid of their own shadows and have no dayum business in uniform. Police would do well to police their own and weed out those who don't belong like the weak, the cowardly and the corrupt among them.

This premise, that the police are simply not policing one of their own, operates on several assumptions, none of which are evident.

First, this presumes that “a vast majority of cops are honest and diligent and do not support corrupt police”. The problem is that this assumption is not supported by any evidence. In fact, it appears to be countered by evidence. In the Noor case, the Supervisor on scene turned off his body camera so that the discussions could not be recorded. It goes all the way to the most “elite” police forces in the nation, the FBI who regularly conduct interviews without cameras or recordings being utilized for the record. This technique of turning off the cameras or not having them present is so that nothing can interfere with the narrative being put forth.

Noor trial: Prosecution raps police supervisor who shut off bodycam

Moreover, the Supervisor, and other cops, refused to cooperate with the State Investigation into the shooting. So this Vast Majority of Good Cops who detest a bad cop, are somewhere out there, just not anywhere near any of the cases of abuse, brutality, and perjury we see all too often.

Second Assumption that is flawed. That the police are training people to do things differently, and the bad cops are not doing what they are trained to. That again, is not supported by evidence. It is interesting that the Prosecutors in these cases tend to bring in outside “experts” to discuss Police Training and Procedure. Yet the Defense brings in the Department’s own trainers and experts. The reason is often the training is non verbal.

Let me explain. During the training, the officer is told that he may have a fraction of a second to save his life, or the life of a fellow cop. You can’t wait until the bad guy fires, you have to beat them to the proverbial punch. The training is all about the quick draw and fire as you only have a split second to save your own life.

Look at the requirements to pass the FBI shooting qualification standard. How fast can you get the pistol out of the holster, and put the rounds in the target. It is all about the quick draw. Like some insane version of the Wild West Shootout that Hollywood loves to do. Only Clint Eastwood isn’t pulling the pistol and fanning several bad guys dead, unarmed people are dying because the cop was trained to shoot first, or die.

I could go on, but I think you get the point. It isn’t that the bad cops need to be weeded out, it is that the bad cops are a product of the system that needs reform from the ground to the very top. It is wrong on so many levels, I would even say pretty much every level.

Thanks for you post. I have two question for your:

1) Why, before Noor shot Diamond was his partner frantically and suddenly trying to pull his gun out of his holster?

2) At the time of this shooting, wasn't this also during the "Black Lives Matter" craze when cops were getting ambushed and do you think this affected the behavior of the officers?

The Black Lives Matters craze was mostly police propaganda to justify their inexcusable actions. It is the same every time. A cop shoots an unarmed individual, and then swears they had no choice, as they were afeared for their lives. In Georgia, my State, half of the people shot by police were unarmed, or shot in the back.

Half. Now, the problem was that each of those incidents was investigated, most by the GBI, and nobody had ever looked at the bigger picture, the totality of events. They examined each incident, and the officers statement was predictable, I was afeared for my life, and then signed off as a good shooting.

OVER THE LINE: Police shootings in Georgia

The hysteria from BLM was not that BLM or their followers were hunting cops. It was that the cops used it, as they always do, to justify their own actions. Look at the news reports sometime. The person who shoots a cop is always a cowardly or insane individual, usually killing the cop in an ambush. I talked about one such case a few years ago. It was a foggy night, and the cop was responding to a man with a gun call where the 911 reports were of a man screaming insane things while armed. The news report the next day had the Chief of Police telling the public that the officer had been shot and killed by a dastardly vicious criminal who ambushed the cop.

The cop knew where the guy with the gun was, and was aware that there was a threat. That is exactly the opposite of an ambush. That is literally the definition of being aware of the danger. Ambush means you are unaware of the danger. Your routine action was interrupted by an unforeseen attack.

When reading, or watching the news, always read the story with a bit of a cynical attitude. You can recognize the propaganda if you are willing to question what you read.

Oh, and the Noor thing? The salient point to remember is that twenty officers did not cooperate with the State Investigation. Twenty fellow cops would not provide information to State Investigators. The “good” cops must have been off that night, or something.

Think of the cops like any other group. You are one of them, or you aren’t. If you aren’t, then they will generally take the side of the other cops, over those who aren’t, every time.

Mohamed Noor is convicted of third degree murder and second degree manslaughter in the shooting of unarmed Justine Damond in Mpls. Who called police for a suspected assault nearby.
Noor was the celebrated Somalian immigrant who was hailed as the first to join the MPD.
He shot across his partner when scared by Justine's approach to the cruiser.
Noor found guilty of 3rd-degree murder, 2nd-degree manslaughter in Damond shooting
I’m shocked he got convicted. Glad as that is the just outcome. But shocked none the less...
I'm not. If he was white maybe.

Next comes early release or maybe even probation.

Forum List

Back