Mods -Inbox and Alerts Bar Flashing

depotoo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2012
strange thing is happening, just started awhile ago. The Inbox and Alerts on top black bar are flashing when visiting certain pages. It possibly is related to the black card MasterCard advertisement. Edit- Ok, it is now happening with the Dodge Ram ad as well. It is very annoying. Lol

Last edited:
Ok, now got a 502 gateway error for about 30 minutes and still have the flashing on some pages. Tried another device with different connection and still got the 502 error and once back in still flashing on certain pages.
elchorizo

Had it for awhile and started having problems with it a couple of years ago on a different device. Probably should try it with my iPad, though it usually is not a problem.
strange thing is happening, just started awhile ago. The Inbox and Alerts on top black bar are flashing when visiting certain pages. It possibly is related to the black card MasterCard advertisement. Edit- Ok, it is now happening with the Dodge Ram ad as well. It is very annoying. Lol

AdBlock is your friend.

Adblock Plus - Surf the web without annoying ads!

AdBlock

Ok, now got a 502 gateway error for about 30 minutes and still have the flashing on some pages. Tried another device with different connection and still got the 502 error and once back in still flashing on certain pages.
elchorizo

"Ok, now got a 502 gateway error for about 30 minutes"

I think everyone did, the 502 Gateway Error means it's the Server, usually that the forum is overloaded with traffic etc, nothing wrong your end.

So everyone will have got the same 502 Gateway Error.

That error can be caused by a few other things but it's usually that a forum is overloaded with traffic.

Had it for awhile and started having problems with it a couple of years ago on a different device. Probably should try it with my iPad, though it usually is not a problem.

AdBlock is your friend.

Adblock Plus - Surf the web without annoying ads!

AdBlock

I've never had a problem with AdBlock, I had lots before AdBlock meaning hundreds of ad's a day.

This forum can be strange for some if you have Shockwave, it'll crash whole pages, but only at this forum.

You should see what happens with AdBlock on your iPad.

elchorizo

Forgot, if you look at Active Topics on the right hand side of the main page, you'll see all the new threads, look at the times of the new threads, that tells you that everyone has had the 502 Gateway Error, we get a new thread every few minutes anymore and the most recent thread you'll notice was posted by Blackrook 59 minutes ago.

The forum is back up, but it's a lot slower than usual.

Yeah, just noticed that. Should have checked there first Thanks, Lucy.
elchorizo

Forgot, if you look at Active Topics on the right hand side of the main page, you'll see all the new threads, look at the times of the new threads, that tells you that everyone has had the 502 Gateway Error, we get a new thread every few minutes anymore and the most recent thread you'll notice was posted by Blackrook 59 minutes ago.

The forum is back up, but it's a lot slower than usual.

Is your inbox full and you need to delete some messages to make the light go off?

I got the 502 error this evening as well, so that could be something else....

Just for some reason, I think the flashing alert means the Inbox is full....?

Thanks, Care. I don't use my inbox but very rarely. And it is the alert box as well. Seems to have coincided with the new flashing ads on the right.
Is your inbox full and you need to delete some messages to make the light go off?

Thanks, Care. I don't use my inbox but very rarely. And it is the alert box as well. Seems to have coincided with the new flashing ads on the right.

That flashing alert thingy happened to m once a few years ago, and I thought it was the inbox or some special alert like being given points for reaching a new level... I have adblock so maybe it is the ads as you say....but I have always had adblock as far as I can remember, but I still got that flashing alert thingy, for SOMETHING????

Yeah, it's strange, and not happening on all pages.

That flashing alert thingy happened to m once a few years ago, and I thought it was the inbox or some special alert like being given points for reaching a new level... I have adblock so maybe it is the ads as you say....but I have always had adblock as far as I can remember, but I still got that flashing alert thingy, for SOMETHING????

Forum List

Back