Mods: How do you fix "Search?"

beautress

Always Faithful
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 28, 2018
Walker County, TX
When I click on search and "enter" a pullup menu that is irrelevant pops up. It is so long it covers up "search this thread only and everything else. All I can do is punch in what I want at the upper one, then the popup comes and covers what I need to do. How do I get rid of the popup so I can use "Search" It never did this before, but this has been going on for a couple of weeks, and renders me unable to search for information I would like to know before posting on a thread, such as did I post earlier, etc. SOS!

When I click on search and "enter" a pullup menu that is irrelevant pops up. It is so long it covers up "search this thread only and everything else. All I can do is punch in what I want at the upper one, then the popup comes and covers what I need to do. How do I get rid of the popup so I can use "Search" It never did this before, but this has been going on for a couple of weeks, and renders me unable to search for information I would like to know before posting on a thread, such as did I post earlier, etc. SOS!
This is what I see-
35A1D45A-B0D3-480B-99F7-585722276294.png

75F134FE-F60C-4F77-823F-ADE723AF9EA0.png

When I search my name and hit enter

Thanks, Depot2. Maybe a hacker is trying to yank me around, because that's not at all what I see. My pulldown menu shows everything I have ever tried to search for or something, not sure what that pulldown menu is all about.

Thanks, Depot2. Maybe a hacker is trying to yank me around, because that's not at all what I see.
Can you take a screenshot and upload it here for us to see?
That didn't work, it just highlighted everything, and when I lifted my fingers to hit "esc", everything went away.

The next time I clicked on search, the dropdown came down again, I hit escape and it disappeared. lol It also left the underneath screen such that it looked usable again.

I have to remember to use "esc."

Thanks for suggesting that I try to search again. I hope I can remember this tomorrow. "esc." esc, "esc." There, I said it 3 times. lol

Just for old times sake I tried searching for anything by Jammie-boi Jake back to January, 2018 and got no results. Is "search" broken or is he/she/it a non-person????
He probably requested a name change.

Dep.....

Adblock is very effective in, as the name suggests, blocking ads.....no doubt as you have seen.

NoScript is another extension as described in this clip from Wikipedia:

NoScript is a free software extension for Mozilla Firefox, SeaMonkey, other Mozilla-based web browsers, and Google Chrome, created and actively maintained by Giorgio Maone, an Italian software developer and member of the Mozilla Security Group.

When is\t "sees" what it believes to be dangerous scripts the logo next to the one for Adblock lights up with an !. You can then click on it to see what's up.

It has save me a ton of probable grief.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back