Modern Preparation for a Blind Date

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Taking Butcher Knife on Date Cuts Heart of Romance
By Lori Borgman
March 4, 2005

I'm still trying to grasp the circumstances surrounding the 27-year-old woman who passed through security at Newark Airport with a 5-inch butcher knife undetected in her purse.

I've had a pocket knife (bright red, and my favorite), tweezers (round tips, no less) and nail clippers confiscated. Naturally, it is hard to imagine a woman getting through with a knife that would allow her to chop cabbage while waiting for passengers in first class and those with small children to board.

The lapse in security is just part of the story. The real stinger is that the woman had put the knife in her purse several days earlier as a precaution for a blind date.

www.jewishworldreview.com/0305/borgman030405.asp

These are the kinds of stories that just make you go, "Hmmmmmm".

Hmmmmmmmm is right. Makes you wonder why she would accept this date in the first place if she thought it would be a good idea to take along a butcher knife. She must be really hard up for male companionship. :confused:

Like the article indicated, airport security will nail you for a pair of nail clippers. How she got through with a 5-inch butcher knife in her purse is beyond belief. She must have had one of those tickets not marked for a security check.

Forum List

Back