modern day crucifiction

I found Belphegor in a catalouge of demons from various cultures,

Belphegor one of the demons strongly associated with one of the deadly sins, in this case sloth. I used him because this was a thread about an exorcism.

Using this (probably flawed) logic:

Exorcism = Catholic

Deadly Sins = Catholic

Belphegor = Catholic

deaddude said:
I found Belphegor in a catalouge of demons from various cultures,

Belphegor one of the demons strongly associated with one of the deadly sins, in this case sloth. I used him because this was a thread about an exorcism.

Using this (probably flawed) logic:

Exorcism = Catholic

Deadly Sins = Catholic

Belphegor = Catholic

Actually most people wouldn't know demons by name or the fact there are many probably a good thing. But you have been doing your homework LOL

Belphegor is also a demon that lures people with thoughts of riches by playing on their greed also one of the deadly sins. Have you ever read Dante's Inferno??

deaddude said:
Yes I have, very good read. Too bad Dante was excommunicated for it. Why do you ask?

I just suspected that you would have an interest in his writings. Actually though Dante's excommunication was more politically motivated than due to his writings being seen as heretical. They don't call those years the "dark ages" for nothing even the church was corrupt, and Dante pissed of the wrong people including the Pope. Dante was angry that the Catholic church refused his father a church funeral that came down to a disagreement over money. Similarly Dante had a bad taste in his mouth because of it and struck out against his own faith thru his writings.

deaddude said:
I thought that his stuff was put on the Index.

If your referring to the index of forbidden books yes I believe Divine Comedy was placed there but he was in good company as even some theologians were placed in that index.

Forum List

Back