Modern Day Civil War.

Civil war ....seems like it might be fun

We get the US Army....the cowardly secessionists can have the Tea Baggers
What makes you think the US Military would remain united, in such a circumstance? Logistically, where would Washington raise the funds to supply the US Military? DC is beyond broke, and an army marches on its stomach.

Robert E Lee, along with most of the Confederate Officer Corps, were veterans of the Mexican-American War. The men who had fought together in California and Mexico, returned home to fight eachother.

Civil wars suck. Seriously suck.

Oh, stop, please. Your comments are seriously lame. There will be no civil war of any kind, because the states right along with feds would stomp it out in under five seconds.
I hope you are correct.

PP has the gist of it figured out, I believe. When we rebelled in 1775, one out of four Continentals died, the highest percentage per capita rate for all of our wars. The South, from northern Florida to southern North Carolina, roiled in its own civil war for more than three years, with more than 2,000 killed by their own neighbors, either in battle or banditry or ambush.

The attack by the South on the federal government in April 1861 ended only with the death of more than 600,000 American soldiers on both sides (the second highest per capita percentage rate of all our wars) and maybe another 50,000 to 80,000 dead civilians killed not only in the Border States but states such as Texas.

Our wars since 1866 against ourselves have been waged in the political arena, because (1) people generally don't die, and (2) if one side loses, it is guaranteed another chance in at least two years. This is a great deal! We can all run around and act like idiots, and no one dies.

Yes, this will be settled by SCOTUS, just as the economic recovery was in the New Deal. Parts of the far-reaching AAA and NRA were killed by the Court, which also opined the constitutinality of Social Security. This is how we war now.
Why did we choose to fight eachother in 1861?

We had the same core Constitution then as we have now, with the same basic government structure, and the same elections. Americans in the 1800s had no deathwish, as humans haven't dramatically changed in the past 200 years. General Lee himself wrote about the stupidity of a Civil War, up until the point at which it started.

What went wrong in 1861, and why won't it happen again?

Last edited:

We had the same Constitution then as we have now, with the same basic structure. Americans in the 1800s had no deathwish, as humans haven't changed dramatically changed in the past 200 years. General Lee himself wrote about the stupidity of a Civil War, up until the point at which it started.

Because we are more "enlightened?" no that cant be it.

Because we've progressed beyond a violent society? That's a bunch of crock.

There is absolutely no reason why it wouldnt happen now. The idea that we are somehow better than people who came before us is absurd. In fact, i think they were far more clever and creative than we are.

Civil war will come if nothing is changed. Im not talking about left/right bullcrap. Im talking about people. People need to change on a widescale or we are seriously screwed. And making it harder for people to change, taking away their freedom. Silencing people. It doesn't help. It makes things worse.

Pride comes before the fall and this fall is going to be huge. The fall of Rome lead to the Dark Ages. What do you think the Fall of America will lead to?

Let us know when decide to abandon your entire life and join up with the volunteer rebel militia. If the new Confederate army is truly on the verge of forming then you will certainly be the first in line to participate in field drills. Please tell us all about your new life as an armed rebel marching in the ranks of thousands of like-minded men with every one of you ready to do a real-life Pickett's Charge against the U.S. Army itself.

When you start telling us those kinds of stories then maybe we'll believe you're more than just some fat-assed internet ranter posting from the warm comfiness of his easy chair. If you believe in this new rebel army of your dreams then man up or shut up.

Why haven't you enlisted yet??? Hmmmm?????

Last edited:
Let us know when decide to abandon your entire life and join up with the volunteer rebel militia. If the new Confederate army is truly on the verge of forming then you will certainly be the first in line to participate in field drills. Please tell us all about your new life as an armed rebel marching in the ranks of thousands of like-minded men with every one of you ready to do a real-life Pickett's Charge against the U.S. Army itself.

When you start telling us those kinds of stories then maybe we'll believe you're more than just some fat-assed internet ranter posting from the warm comfiness of his easy chair. If you believe in this new rebel army of your dreams then man up or shut up.

Why haven't you enlisted yet??? Hmmmm?????

You really don't read do you? You people are seriously scary.

Lots of tough talk from our resident angry white men, I see,

FYI, The revolution is already happening.

But it isn't angry White boys with guns fighting it.

It's mostly angry minorities in gangs fighting the system, and they don't think of themselves as revolutionaries.

All they want is their piece of the pie (and your piece too, I expect) but they have, as far as I know, no real revolutionary social agenda.

America won't have a revolution, I think. We're too divided into opposing teams of idiots for that to happen.

And I don't think we'll have a civil war, either since the problem isn't evenly divided into STATE issues, as it was in 1860.

But we will have sporatic anarchy that we'll continue to call urban crime as slowly but surely less and less of the system works for more and more of us.

All the above, is, of course, based on the notion that this nation doesn't change its basica policies that are making more and more of us poor while fewer and fewer of us keep getting richer and richer.

That distortion of income equitey isn't going to last much longer, I suspect, before something comes along to knock our whole damned system into the dustheap of history.

Unjust societies don't last long, folks, in the modern world.

Here is my plan

We start off with some "Shock and Awe"
Pound them into submission for a few months

Then we move to the PsyOps phase
Nonstop tapes of Glenn Beck and Michelle Bachmann over the airwaves

Then we deny them their basic luxuries
Take away NASCAR, Country Music and Cheap Beer

They will be begging to return within weeks

That's a really stupid plan.

If you ever forced the issue and actually tried to wage war against me, my family, and my brethren in the community. My plan would be simple. I'd shoot you. Then I'd go home and pray for the redemption of our souls.

You simple secessionist dog. We would hunt you down like the traitorous scum you are and force you to submit. You are facing the most powerful Army in the history of mankind. We will show no mercy against Traitors like you and your family.
GOD is on our side and will not lift a finger to help Traitorous scum....so your prayers will go unheeded. Ever hear of "One Nation UNDER GOD" you Traitor? That does not apply to secessionists

Last edited:
Here is my plan

We start off with some "Shock and Awe"
Pound them into submission for a few months

Then we move to the PsyOps phase
Nonstop tapes of Glenn Beck and Michelle Bachmann over the airwaves

Then we deny them their basic luxuries
Take away NASCAR, Country Music and Cheap Beer

They will be begging to return within weeks

If you ever forced the issue and actually tried to wage war against me, my family, and my brethren in the community. My plan would be simple. I'd shoot you. Then I'd go home and pray for the redemption of our souls.

You simple secessionist dog. We would hunt you down like the traitorous scum you are and force you to submit. You are facing the most powerful Army in the history of mankind. We will show no mercy against Traitors like you and your family.
GOD is on our side and will not lift a finger to help Traitorous scum....so your prayers will go unheeded. Ever hear of "One Nation UNDER GOD" you Traitor? That does not apply to secessionists

Just change the date and a few nouns in these posts and one gets a flashback to the Bush administration.

I wonder how it feels to act exactly like those you hate?

PP has the gist of it figured out, I believe. When we rebelled in 1775, one out of four Continentals died, the highest percentage per capita rate for all of our wars. The South, from northern Florida to southern North Carolina, roiled in its own civil war for more than three years, with more than 2,000 killed by their own neighbors, either in battle or banditry or ambush.

The attack by the South on the federal government in April 1861 ended only with the death of more than 600,000 American soldiers on both sides (the second highest per capita percentage rate of all our wars) and maybe another 50,000 to 80,000 dead civilians killed not only in the Border States but states such as Texas.

Our wars since 1866 against ourselves have been waged in the political arena, because (1) people generally don't die, and (2) if one side loses, it is guaranteed another chance in at least two years. This is a great deal! We can all run around and act like idiots, and no one dies.

Yes, this will be settled by SCOTUS, just as the economic recovery was in the New Deal. Parts of the far-reaching AAA and NRA were killed by the Court, which also opined the constitutinality of Social Security. This is how we war now.

We had the same core Constitution then as we have now, with the same basic government structure, and the same elections. Americans in the 1800s had no deathwish, as humans haven't dramatically changed in the past 200 years. General Lee himself wrote about the stupidity of a Civil War, up until the point at which it started.

The Civil War occurred because two nations of whites so differed about the issue of captive labor that affected every aspect of our politics, our economy, our society, that it led to that horrible war.

Why won't it happen again? The feds are much stronger than the states, and the states are much stronger than their citizenry. Any such outburst would be put down with a violence that would make Waco look like a stroll the park. The American public would overwhelmingly approve such governmental action to suppress sedition and treason.

Just change the date and a few nouns in these posts and one gets a flashback to the Bush administration.

I wonder how it feels to act exactly like those you hate?

Rightwinger is too stupid to see the facts here Si...let the dumbass continue to show his true colors...

Lots of tough talk from our resident angry white men, I see,

FYI, The revolution is already happening.

But it isn't angry White boys with guns fighting it.

It's mostly angry minorities in gangs fighting the system, and they don't think of themselves as revolutionaries.

All they want is their piece of the pie
(and your piece too, I expect) but they have, as far as I know, no real revolutionary social agenda.

America won't have a revolution, I think. We're too divided into opposing teams of idiots for that to happen.

And I don't think we'll have a civil war, either since the problem isn't evenly divided into STATE issues, as it was in 1860.

But we will have sporatic anarchy that we'll continue to call urban crime as slowly but surely less and less of the system works for more and more of us.

All the above, is, of course, based on the notion that this nation doesn't change its basica policies that are making more and more of us poor while fewer and fewer of us keep getting richer and richer.

That distortion of income equitey isn't going to last much longer, I suspect, before something comes along to knock our whole damned system into the dustheap of history.

Unjust societies don't last long, folks, in the modern world.

I don't have a problem with this...except they WANT ME TO EARN THEIR SHARE because they are too fucking stupid and lazy to do it for themselves!!!!

The Civil War occurred because two nations of whites so differed about the issue of captive labor that affected every aspect of our politics, our economy, our society, that it led to that horrible war.

Why won't it happen again? The feds are much stronger than the states, and the states are much stronger than their citizenry. Any such outburst would be put down with a violence that would make Waco look like a stroll the park. The American public would overwhelmingly approve such governmental action to suppress sedition and treason.
Now here is an issue worth discussing. The southern secessionists didn't believe Lincoln had the resolve to prosecute war against half of the nation. Lincoln didn't believe the Confederacy had the will to resist a Union invasion for more than a few months.

Both were wrong.

Would this President, and any future President, have the resolve to turn LA into Fallujah? His willingness to take it that far is precisely what would prevent a Civil War. The only reason why the states feel safe passing these anti-Federal laws is because they see a weak President, unable to control his Congress, let alone the states.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E7tp7chSoo]YouTube - iraq combat fallujah[/ame]

Some would argue parts of Compton already are a warzone.

Last edited:
I think, eagleseven, that the feds will use the federal code and its justice system to put stop to the state laws. If SCOTUS agrees down the line, then a US Marshall is like a god when s/he walks into the state offices anywhere and demands the officials do such and such. They know if they refuse, special ops is not far behind, only focusing on the officials whereabouts. Heavens help them.

I think, eagleseven, that the feds will use the federal code and its justice system to put stop to the state laws. If SCOTUS agrees down the line, then a US Marshall is like a god when s/he walks into the state offices anywhere and demands the officials do such and such. They know if they refuse, special ops is not far behind, only focusing on the officials whereabouts. Heavens help them.
I do agree, the legal precedent is there for the Feds to clamp down on the states. So it would remain a question of the executive's resolve, which changes with the changing executives.

I don't see the SCOTUS supporting the states on this issue, either.

Bush would have put the states down. Joe Biden would also. I am not sure that BHO has caught on about raw power and its use. You can't be loved by everybody, even when one is doing right (perhaps particularly when one is doing right).

Bush would have put the states down. Joe Biden would also. I am not sure that BHO has caught on about raw power and its use. You can't be loved by everybody, even when one is doing right (perhaps particularly when one is doing right).

The thing is...once he crosses that line....and he will if it get's to a situation where there are mass riots etc...he's done as President. Every single death no matter what side they're on will be blamed on his failure of leadership that led the country down this road...he's ultimately accountable for what happens on his watch.

I don't think it will come to this at this point in time....right now it's up to Americans to exercise their rights at the ballot box and for Congress to fire Pelosi and Reid. Those 2 ass wipes are wholly responsible for the division and hatred circulating around the country.

What a stupid statement. Your rage may be fueled by steroids, thus your chesticles have increased while your flute and rattle have shrunk. What a moron.

As for the statement in and of itself, had it been directed correctly, I said just what I wanted to say. However, because of a mis-read, I made a mistake. I've apologized to Charles and I hope he accepts it. Thing is, it had nothing to do with you. You need to keep your nonsense to yourself.

While you don't have to apologize to me, anyone here has the right to correct your moronic statement.

You made no attempt to correct me; you opened your mouth and shit came out.

As for the statement in and of itself, had it been directed correctly, I said just what I wanted to say. However, because of a mis-read, I made a mistake. I've apologized to Charles and I hope he accepts it. Thing is, it had nothing to do with you. You need to keep your nonsense to yourself.

While you don't have to apologize to me, anyone here has the right to correct your moronic statement.

You made no attempt to correct me; you opened your mouth and shit came out.

You were incredibly obnoxious and wrong, and got kicked in the face for it. Get over it.

The best thing americans could do for america is vote the entire bunch out of office,start fresh and let them know we're not letting a handful sell our great country out from under us.

Forum List

Back