Modern American Prosperity is only for those who have already prospered.

Banks create wealth??

That's the dumbest comment of the week and it's only Tuesday.

Is it really? :eusa_eh:

So when you deposit $100.00, do you "Have" that $100.00? And when they lend me $90.00 of it, do I not "Have" that $90.00? Is there not now $190.00 of money supply in circulation?

Can you really be that clueless?

Edit: And it's Ok if you are, most Americans don't understand how it works. But it would be a touch ironic if you're that stupid, yet you're here accusing me of making dumb comments.

And shame on you, Claudette for 'thanking' that ridiculous post.

That $100.00 I deposited wasn't created by any bank.

Now was it?

:cuckoo:

Instead of trolling here on USMB with your many threads, bitching and complaining like you do ... why don't you get out there and find and make your own prosperity. If you're that unhappy financially, do something to change it!

Good suggestion,,trouble is,,,,,,

No jobs for 4 of 5 job seekers

"U.S. employers are hiring again – a net 63,000 jobs in January – but not nearly enough to keep up with the number of unemployed, reports the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
In January, there were 2.76 million job openings, down slightly from the 2.92 million in December. But there were 13.9 million out of work. That means there were no jobs for four out of five job seekers.
It was the 23rd month in a row that the job seeker ratio was at or above 5-to-1, notes the Economic Policy Institute.
In comparison, after the 2001-02 recession, which also saw employers slow to start hiring, the highest the ratio got was 2.8 job seekers per job opening."

No jobs for 4 of 5 job seekers - Handling Hard Times : The Orange County Register

So, MiddleClass has an "attitude" and maybe because of this:

Workers’ share of national income plummets to record low
Workers

And this:

Income Slides to 1996 Levels
Household Income Falls, Poverty Rate Rises - WSJ.com

So, there are no jobs and wages are have been going down for quite awhile and MiddleClass and Main Street America is supposed to buckle up while economic inequality expands across America.
True, government and the American taxpayer can't afford to spend more on creating jobs, but the job creators can! They are sitting in trillions of dollars of capital and the hiring they are doing is in countries with Third World wages. Since the Capital Gains taxes have been lowered to the record levels in modern history, there hardly has been a bump in the amount of jobs versus the National Labor Force.

Maybe if our political leadership wasn't so focused on class warfare -- we could fix that.

America's science job conundrum - Fortune Management

((STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math))

Job growth expectations of any kind are certainly encouraging, but will the U.S. have enough qualified workers to fill these jobs? Perhaps not, as it looks like the U.S. education system is falling behind in the very fields that show the most job growth potential.

An uptick in STEM jobs bodes well for wages: employees in these fields made, in 2010, an average of $25 per hour, $9 more per hour than people working in non-STEM fields.

But even as the number of jobs in the STEM sector increases, there's a possibility that Americans could struggle to meet the demand. According to a report published last year by the President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology, less than one-third of eighth graders in the U.S. are considered proficient in math and science. That's the population that would need to be prepared to fill the new STEM jobs that are expected.

Nevertheless, the 2010 White House report on STEM education highlights some pretty dire setbacks, including systemic problems at many schools and a lack of teachers who can effectively teach STEM subjects, even at schools that are otherwise successful. The result is a student population that is not only unprepared for STEM education, but uninterested in the subjects.

Pretty embarrasing if we can't graduate enough AMERICA kids to fill THOSE jobs eh??

We can become a nation of beggars and whiners, all marching on Wash for "fairness".. Or we can actually ADDRESS what America NEEDS TO DO to maintain their standard of living and survive in a world economy -- Your choice Kiwi...

Thank God states are opting out of NCLB. Now if something could be done about the cost of higher education so the children of the have-nots can have a chance at realizing the America Dream.

Good suggestion,,trouble is,,,,,,

No jobs for 4 of 5 job seekers

"U.S. employers are hiring again – a net 63,000 jobs in January – but not nearly enough to keep up with the number of unemployed, reports the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
In January, there were 2.76 million job openings, down slightly from the 2.92 million in December. But there were 13.9 million out of work. That means there were no jobs for four out of five job seekers.
It was the 23rd month in a row that the job seeker ratio was at or above 5-to-1, notes the Economic Policy Institute.
In comparison, after the 2001-02 recession, which also saw employers slow to start hiring, the highest the ratio got was 2.8 job seekers per job opening."

No jobs for 4 of 5 job seekers - Handling Hard Times : The Orange County Register

So, MiddleClass has an "attitude" and maybe because of this:

Workers’ share of national income plummets to record low
Workers

And this:

Income Slides to 1996 Levels
Household Income Falls, Poverty Rate Rises - WSJ.com

So, there are no jobs and wages are have been going down for quite awhile and MiddleClass and Main Street America is supposed to buckle up while economic inequality expands across America.
True, government and the American taxpayer can't afford to spend more on creating jobs, but the job creators can! They are sitting in trillions of dollars of capital and the hiring they are doing is in countries with Third World wages. Since the Capital Gains taxes have been lowered to the record levels in modern history, there hardly has been a bump in the amount of jobs versus the National Labor Force.

Maybe if our political leadership wasn't so focused on class warfare -- we could fix that.

America's science job conundrum - Fortune Management

((STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math))

Job growth expectations of any kind are certainly encouraging, but will the U.S. have enough qualified workers to fill these jobs? Perhaps not, as it looks like the U.S. education system is falling behind in the very fields that show the most job growth potential.

An uptick in STEM jobs bodes well for wages: employees in these fields made, in 2010, an average of $25 per hour, $9 more per hour than people working in non-STEM fields.

But even as the number of jobs in the STEM sector increases, there's a possibility that Americans could struggle to meet the demand. According to a report published last year by the President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology, less than one-third of eighth graders in the U.S. are considered proficient in math and science. That's the population that would need to be prepared to fill the new STEM jobs that are expected.

Nevertheless, the 2010 White House report on STEM education highlights some pretty dire setbacks, including systemic problems at many schools and a lack of teachers who can effectively teach STEM subjects, even at schools that are otherwise successful. The result is a student population that is not only unprepared for STEM education, but uninterested in the subjects.

Pretty embarrasing if we can't graduate enough AMERICA kids to fill THOSE jobs eh??

We can become a nation of beggars and whiners, all marching on Wash for "fairness".. Or we can actually ADDRESS what America NEEDS TO DO to maintain their standard of living and survive in a world economy -- Your choice Kiwi...

Thank God states are opting out of NCLB. Now if something could be done about the cost of higher education so the children of the have-nots can have a chance at realizing the America Dream.

Hallejuah Bro... That means no more testing to determine how and where the worst problems are!! What a relief eh? Then we'll have NO F'IN IDEA how bad the outcomes are!!

Good job...

I love it how people act like things are so tough here

Yall got, clean water and air, housing, refrigerators, multiple tv's, computers, cell phone, some have gaming consoles, cars... I mean we got so much in this country, and yea we have to correct things so we don't slip up but a lot of yall should go check out Haiti or Africa and then bitch to me about how you can't get a fair paying job. Go fuck yourself

Yall got, clean water and air, housing, refrigerators, multiple tv's, computers, cell phone, some have gaming consoles, cars... I mean we got so much in this country, and yea we have to correct things so we don't slip up but a lot of yall should go check out Haiti or Africa and then bitch to me about how you can't get a fair paying job. Go fuck yourself

Isn't the US supposed to be the Greatest Country on Earth and you're comparing the US to Haiti and Africa?

Isn't the US supposed to be the Greatest Country on Earth and you're comparing the US to Haiti and Africa?

Thanks for making my point, idiot

Modern American Prosperity is only for those who have already prospered. Such as a time prior to the great deeds of Presidents Teddy and Franklin Roosevelt:

From Theodore Roosevelt > State of the Union 1905
Yet, while not merely admitting, but insisting upon this, it is also true that where there is no governmental restraint or supervision some of the exceptional men use their energies not in ways that are for the common good, but in ways which tell against this common good. The fortunes amassed through corporate organization are now so large, and vest such power in those that wield them, as to make it a matter of necessity to give to the sovereign--that is, to the Government, which represents the people as a whole--some effective power of supervision over their corporate use. In order to insure a healthy social and industrial life, every big corporation should be held responsible by, and be accountable to, some sovereign strong enough to control its conduct. I am in no sense hostile to corporations. This is an age of combination, and any effort to prevent all combination will be not only useless, but in the end vicious, because of the contempt for law which the failure to enforce law inevitably produces. We should, moreover, recognize in cordial and ample fashion the immense good effected by corporate agencies in a country such as ours, and the wealth of intellect, energy, and fidelity devoted to their service, and therefore normally to the service of the public, by their officers and directors. The corporation has come to stay, just as the trade union has come to stay. Each can do and has done great good. Each should be favored so long as it does good. But each should be sharply checked where it acts against law and justice.
:clap2:

Oh, I'm sure it's all just a matter of trying hard. Conservatives and Libertarians rinse and repeat that message ad infinitum, so it must be true.

The original statement needs to be fixed to this:

Modern American Prosperity is NOT only for those who have already prospered.

Believing the orginal statement is defeatist.

Last edited:

Why not argue with the facts I listed in an earlier post? Main Street America is losing out with their share of the US ecomomy, facts prove me out.
Seventy percent of the US economy is driven by consumer spending but with wages failing to keep up with inflation Main Street America has lost expendable income and the US economy stalls. That's a fact.
So the entire economy of the US is at stake and you bring up Haiti and Africa? :lol:

Banks create wealth??

That's the dumbest comment of the week and it's only Tuesday.

Is it really? :eusa_eh:

So when you deposit $100.00, do you "Have" that $100.00? And when they lend me $90.00 of it, do I not "Have" that $90.00? Is there not now $190.00 of money supply in circulation?

Can you really be that clueless?

Edit: And it's Ok if you are, most Americans don't understand how it works. But it would be a touch ironic if you're that stupid, yet you're here accusing me of making dumb comments.

And shame on you, Claudette for 'thanking' that ridiculous post.

That $100.00 I deposited wasn't created by any bank.

Now was it?

:cuckoo:

There's a very good chance it was. Even if it wasn't, what the hell has that got to do with anything?

Keep digging Corky.

Modern American Prosperity is only for those who have already prospered. Such as a time prior to the great deeds of Presidents Teddy and Franklin Roosevelt:

From Theodore Roosevelt > State of the Union 1905
Yet, while not merely admitting, but insisting upon this, it is also true that where there is no governmental restraint or supervision some of the exceptional men use their energies not in ways that are for the common good, but in ways which tell against this common good. The fortunes amassed through corporate organization are now so large, and vest such power in those that wield them, as to make it a matter of necessity to give to the sovereign--that is, to the Government, which represents the people as a whole--some effective power of supervision over their corporate use. In order to insure a healthy social and industrial life, every big corporation should be held responsible by, and be accountable to, some sovereign strong enough to control its conduct. I am in no sense hostile to corporations. This is an age of combination, and any effort to prevent all combination will be not only useless, but in the end vicious, because of the contempt for law which the failure to enforce law inevitably produces. We should, moreover, recognize in cordial and ample fashion the immense good effected by corporate agencies in a country such as ours, and the wealth of intellect, energy, and fidelity devoted to their service, and therefore normally to the service of the public, by their officers and directors. The corporation has come to stay, just as the trade union has come to stay. Each can do and has done great good. Each should be favored so long as it does good. But each should be sharply checked where it acts against law and justice.
:clap2:

Oh, I'm sure it's all just a matter of trying hard. Conservatives and Libertarians rinse and repeat that message ad infinitum, so it must be true.

Only 4% of people were lazy and shiftless in 2001. Now more than twice that many are lazy and shiftless. The fact that they became lazy and shiftless at the same time as a record economic contraction was merely a coincidence. :cuckoo:

Why not argue with the facts I listed in an earlier post? Main Street America is losing out with their share of the US ecomomy, facts prove me out.
Seventy percent of the US economy is driven by consumer spending but with wages failing to keep up with inflation Main Street America has lost expendable income and the US economy stalls. That's a fact.
So the entire economy of the US is at stake and you bring up Haiti and Africa? :lol:

Right, so to fix it we should do quantitative easing 3 to allow for another stimulus correct?

I didn't say you are wrong, but we need to shift the focus of our economy from spending to saving. We need to stop with the ridiculous trade deficit and budget deficits. Our solutions that the government takes up does nothing but compound the problem and accelerate but give you a little numbing to the current situation.

However, in your statements and a lot of shit people say now implies Americans have not prospered... that's where Haiti, Africa and 75% of the world comes in. But honestly, you just are annoying, I get tired of the bitching with no search for solutions, again Go fuck yourself. You didn't even make the thread was I talking to you? I'll answer that cuz you got it wrong already, no. Go cry some more... If you are that frightened get up and do something then instead of telling me shit I already know.

Right, so to fix it we should do quantitative easing 3 to allow for another stimulus correct?

I didn't say you are wrong, but we need to shift the focus of our economy from spending to saving. We need to stop with the ridiculous trade deficit and budget deficits. Our solutions that the government takes up does nothing but compound the problem and accelerate but give you a little numbing to the current situation.

IMO, that is problem number one with a bullet. No other problem we have even comes close.

It means do for me, give me, life isn't fair. I was born wanting to be lazy and I shouldn't suffer for it.

MC must have a garage or a local bar where he can go and pursue his prosperity. Others have done it and quite well

Jobs and Gates came up with Mircrosoft in a Garage.

Facebook came out of college dorm I think.

Anyone know where they dreamed up Google??

Hell if these folks can do it. So can MC.

Give it a shot there Middle Class so we don't have to listen to you whine about everything.

This kind of thinking is always idiocy. Exceptional cases are exceptional, not normal.

IMO, that is problem number one with a bullet. No other problem we have even comes close.

Hey.. Wanna talk about the REAL problems eh? Tired of all the whining and begging???

Trade Deficit is a problem. Here's another huge problem..

A Service Economy is EXTREMELY inefficient in creating jobs. A Service Economy is EXTREMELY wasteful of capital investment. A Service Economy contributes to the Trade Deficit. What we NEED -- is leadership back into a GOODS and PRODUCT manufacturing economy..

Not POSSIBLE you say? Because of Cheap Chinese Labor? Forgetaboutthat. It's temporary. Even the Chinese know that. I've been trying to get thru to the class warriors that things are NOT GETTING BETTER for the working poor and middle class until America makes the conscious decision to survive economically in a new flat world.. You guys are mud-wrestling about taxes on the Titanic right now. And we all better stop with the politics and figure out how to save this country...

Lots of good REASONS that people are suffering. But NONE of them are fixed primarily with tax policy or redistribution...

You folks decide. Wanna argue about other people's stuff? Or do you want to fix the main problems??

For all you class warriors who think that this Political battle over other people's stuff is the RIGHT discussion to be having -- I'd like you to read JUST the OP at::

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3943059-post1.html

Foxconn Technology Group held a hip-hop party at the headquarter in Longhua Shenzhen last Friday night, on which Chairman Terry Gou disclosed, Foxconn is making efforts to increase its robot workforce on production line to replace non-technical workers. Foxconn currently has 10000 robots and plans to increase the number to 30000 next year. The company also announced it plans to have one million robots in three years.

Tell me truthfully that the most important argument to be having in America right now is about redistribution of the remaining wealth.. From hanging around USMB and watching cable news -- we don't DESERVE to survive as a wealthy country anymore...

They didn't 'bake another pie' genius, they took a little sliver of everyone else's pie. Wealth is created through the banking sector; and in the long run, as we're witnessing now, that wealth is not sustainable or 'Real.' They just got done baking a bazillion pies, and taking half of those pies for themselves before half of them evaporated into thin air. Now they're cozy with their half of the pies, the taxpayer subsidized the pies they did lose, and the little guy is stuck battling for 1/2 of the pies available at the onset.

Like I said, you don't get it - You don't. If you can analyze the current fiscal situation and conclude that people are only suffering because they're lazy and entitled, I damn sure ain't going to be able to change your mind through an internet message board.

But you're duped, you're wrong, and you truly do not get it.

I'm guessing that you are about 18 years old, have dreadlocks and are huddled under some tarp in an "occupied" park typing out your stupidity on an iPad........because no adult with any life experience believes the dumb assed shit you just said.

So you believe in the fairy tale of finite wealth. Tell me genius, is there the same amount of wealth in the world today that there was in 2,000 BC? How about 750 AD, 1776, 1900? Does it just switch hands over the years and all of a sudden these wealthy greedy bastards have changed the rules and are keeping it and not spreading it around like has always happened in your fairy tale?

Grow up.

Actually, what I said is exactly right and not mutually exclusive with a growing economy as you insinuate.

I don't even know what you're trying to prove at this point. I think you just like to hear yourself talk.

But you are incorrect when you say Jobs et al baked more pies. That happens in the banking sector.

Got it! You're 13 and live at home with your mom. I've worked in banking for 30+ years and you're full of shit. You're as bad as a birther or truther with this conspiracy junk. Grow up.

However, in your statements and a lot of shit people say now implies Americans have not prospered... that's where Haiti, Africa and 75% of the world comes in. But honestly, you just are annoying, I get tired of the bitching with no search for solutions, again Go fuck yourself. You didn't even make the thread was I talking to you? I'll answer that cuz you got it wrong already, no. Go cry some more... If you are that frightened get up and do something then instead of telling me shit I already know.

OK, exactly what do I have wrong?
Go to my post#38 and prove me wrong. I used facts, other than your ability to being immature and rude, what else do you have?

Forum List

Back