Moderates to blame for GOP losses, conservative leader says

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CrimsonWhite, Nov 7, 2008.

1. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    My fucking head is about to expolode. How about not trying to blame somebody and actually read a fucking book to find out what those core values are.

2. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,639
    Let's make this simple. We still have until Janurary 20th to blame Bush.

3. Caligirl

Caligirl Oh yes it is too!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +240
    Don't let your head explode.

I saw a nice commentary along these lines:

The Washington Independent Young GOP Activists Working to Rebuild Party Online

4. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,752
    Tony Perkins...that's some seriously funny commentary.

5. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    I think you're going to see a lot of that as the factions of your party jockey for position. The moderates know they ARE the core of the party. But unfortunately, the inmates have taken over the asylum and they want to keep it.

6. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,115
    How are we ever to believe the Republicans are fiscally responsible? I certainly can't go on what they say in 2 or 4 years. I have to see it to believe.

I can't wait to see Palin run Alaska now that gas is only $2 a gallon. She won't be the superstar she was when oil was selling at $150 a barrel.

None of the Republicans I argue with mind that Bush spent as much as he did on Defense. We spent more than the rest of the world combined. And much of that was waste/fraud/bullshit no bid buddy contracts.

So the new crop of Republicans will come in and talk about cutting social programs that go to poor people in America, and that may sound like they are fiscally responsibility, but they have their own programs they like to fund, and they all fall under DEFENSE.

Not all defense spending is good.

7. Turboswede

Turboswede Very Metal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58
    No we don't!

We Almost spend as much as the rest of the world on defense:lol::lol:

[​IMG]

8. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,012
    Here is the thing about ideologues - any ideologues, whether they are on the left or the right, are free market Austrians or Marxists, etc. - they always believe that their core values are never wrong, that if only their ideas had been properly articulated they would have won, that if only the people in power had really followed their true principles, things would never be a mess. Its always somebody else's fault. If only the politician had stuck to their true beliefs and articulated them properly, the masses would have seen The Truth - like they have - and they would have won.

The empiricist molds his worldview to fit the facts. The ideologue molds the facts to fit his worldview. The empiricist changes his beliefs in light of contrary evidence. The ideologue retains his beliefs despite contrary evidence.

I was listening to Rush Limbaugh on Wednesday saying that the Republicans didn't need the moderates. He was happy that moderate Republicans were beaten in races for the House and Senate. Well, to the conservative ideologues, there just aren't enough people who believe that God created the universe in a week to win. So if they want to be purists, marginalize themselves and spend the next decade in the wilderness, feel free. The Small Tent Republicans can sit around like all ideologues lamenting why they lose, blaming others for their failures.

Fortunately, there is too much at stake. The guys with the money won't allow the party to become a conservative, rural rump.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    How about many 'non evangelicals' are against same sex marriages? Just like abortion. Has nothing to do with religion, rather one's sense that either undermines the civilization. Can be philosophical, not just religious.

In any case, I'd say that the evangelicals should be welcomed into the conservative party, but not drive the agenda. If that's what they wish, let them form their own party. If they wish to use the Republican party as a foot in, fine. Most conservatives are against abortion, for a myriad of reasons, many of which have to do with the latest scientific technologies about the viability of those classified as 'fetuses.' The idea that ID should be an agenda pushed by GOP, sorry, a non-starter, which should be made clear. No basis in science. None.

10. Caligirl

Caligirl Oh yes it is too!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +240
    :clap2: