"Moderates' nightmare: Nancy Pelosi stays"

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Nancy Pelosi to run for minority leader - John Bresnahan and Jonathan Allen - POLITICO.com

For shell-shocked House Democrats who held on in tough districts Tuesday, a new nightmare is unfolding before their eyes: Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who acted as a drag on campaigns across the country, isn't letting go of power easily.

Pelosi announced on Twitter Friday afternoon that she is running for Democratic leader, a stunning move after many political insiders thought she would step aside after Tuesday’s electoral route for Democrats.

“Driven by the urgency of creating jobs & protecting [health care reform and Wall Street reform], Social Security & Medicare, I am running for Dem Leader,” Pelosi Tweeted.

The fear of a return engagement as minority leader for the repudiated speaker — the prospect of another rout in 2012 and damage to President Barack Obama's re-election campaign — has prompted a slowly building phalanx of Democrats to disavow her potential bid.

But while a handful of moderates might want her gone, Pelosi still has strong support within the liberal base of the caucus, with many who would vote keep her in control.

:lol::lol::lol:

Wow, talk about the gift that keeps on giving. I take back any mean things I ever said about Pelosi and wish her good luck in a possible new roll of minority leader. Dims can now kiss 2012 goodbye too. :razz:

This will be a great political move for the Republicans!!! They should encourage it. I figure with her still seem often in the spotlight, the 2012 elections will only gather Democratic votes from the parents of those running for office. It will be a big win-win for the Republicans and more of that fantastic (sic) Democratic leadership is what we all need.

I have seen the future (if she wins) and it is GRIDLOCK. :razz:

Gridlock.jpg

Go Nancy!

This will be fun to watch, for all the reasons the Dems hate.

Maybe this will lead to a moderate Dem or two pulling a party switch? (that was a possibility anyway)

Add in the redistricting, the historic 2010 wins in state governments and one wonders how many seats will be left to win by 2012. :razz:

You know, I was saying the same thing about her in 2004.

But guess who laughed last in 2006 and 2008?

Don't count her out.

And I think the wipeout was more 0bama's issue than hers. And after what happened, 0bama is the one who needs to fear for his authority.

If obama wants to win next go round, he better not let peoloi stick to his shellack.

Having to look at that god-awful face for another 2 years will surely remind America that the epidemic is still alive; not totally wiped out. I'll bet Obama is evacuating his bowels in his pants about now.

As one of my Berkeley friends would say:

Let the Dems burn in the tension of their own self-development.

look forgetting partisanship for a moment....i said just a moment....:lol:

this is politically stupid, their is no other adjective that really comes to mind. Hoyer may not be a huge step up legislatively ( from a rep outlook) but as the face of the house, as opposed especially to the rep house now, throws light on them again for the next 2 years and she is not a sympathetic figure at all.

In short they will not gain one more vote than they have now due to her presence but may have created an illusion on the surface as a more moderate bunch with Hoyer. just stupid.

Forum List

Back