Moderate vs. Fundamentalist Islam

Im sorry there was no well founded or any other type of argument that you have made . You just make variations on the same meaningless assertions that defy reason.
Yet you can't be bothered to address the argument. If its flaws were so obvious, I think you'd have been able to point them out by now. You haven't, so as I've said, I accept your concession.
You have already conceded the point.
Nothing is unequivocal .
Like the abrogation of one Quranic verse by another?

It is abundantly evident that naskh occurs between separate scriptures rather than between them, though belief in internal naskh is still somewhat widespread and certainly doesn't constitute kufr.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1628053-post118.html

No there is reason to revisit any abrogation arguments again.

I stated that believing in internal naskh doesn't constitute disbelief in Islam. Please point out any instance in which I said something to the opposite effect. :lol:

I agree; it's clear to anyone who considers the evidence that internal abrogation is a false doctrine.

Calling somebody a kafir is serious. Why do people who deny that the Qur'an is perfect consider themselves Muslims? I don't know, but I would never call them kafiruun simply because we disagree about naskh.

I stated that believing in internal naskh doesn't constitute disbelief in Islam. Please point out any instance in which I said something to the opposite effect. :lol:

I agree; it's clear to anyone who considers the evidence that internal abrogation is a false doctrine.
You used the words conclusively refuted .

con·clu·sive (kn-klsv)
adj.
Serving to put an end to doubt, question, or uncertainty; decisive. See Synonyms at decisive

un·e·quiv·o·cal (n-kwv-kl)
adj.
Admitting of no doubt or misunderstanding; clear and unambiguous: an unequivocal success.

I have shown that you know that is not the fact.
You continue to argue against yourself .:cuckoo:

The point being. you have an opinion on the matter , it is not the only opinion, nor is it the prevalent, or the opinion taught at university.
mr-fitnah-albums-forum-pics-picture726-naskh.jpg

Calling somebody a kafir is serious. Why do people who deny that the Qur'an is perfect consider themselves Muslims? I don't know, but I would never call them kafiruun simply because we disagree about naskh.

Is that like calling someone "gay"??

What happens to gays under Sharia Law?

You also didn't answer my question about liars. Do they get their tongues cut out?

con·clu·sive (kn-klsv)
adj.
Serving to put an end to doubt, question, or uncertainty; decisive. See Synonyms at decisive

adj.
Admitting of no doubt or misunderstanding; clear and unambiguous: an unequivocal success.

I already mentioned that I could have chosen my words more carefully. The arguments I've put forth make it clear that abrogation is incorrect. People, like you, may continue to defy logic by believing in it if they so wish. Now, how many pages of this thread have you wasted in your pitiful attempt to avoid the issue and focus on semantics? :lol:

Is that like calling someone "gay"??
Uh, no. It's tantamount to calling somebody a disbeliever.

What happens to gays under Sharia Law?
According to whose interpretation?

You also didn't answer my question about liars.
I don't recall seeing it.

Do they get their tongues cut out?
Not according to the Qur'an or any sahih hadith. The punishment, of course, would depend on the severity of the lie. Lies that amounted to treason would be considered capital offenses.

con·clu·sive (kn-klsv)
adj.

adj.

I already mentioned that I could have chosen my words more carefully. The arguments I've put forth make it clear that abrogation is incorrect. People, like you, may continue to defy logic by believing in it if they so wish. Now, how many pages of this thread have you wasted in your pitiful attempt to avoid the issue and focus on semantics? :lol:

We are aware you you do not believe abrogation is correct.
Your opinion and arguments on this issue is irreverent.
They are out of harmony with the Quran and the example of the "prophet" Mohammad.

They are contrived lies to put Islam in a false light.
They are your jihad.

Quranic abrogation widely accepted practice that is taught at universities and mosques around the world.
It is the rational solution to the internal contradictions in the Quran that arise do to the chronology of the alleged "revelations".

You seems to fail to understand your place in the scheme of things.
You are a tool I use to reveal scriptural Islam and what it does to the human mind.
Your " argumentum ad nauseum" is an example of a failure to accept reality logic and reason.

mr-fitnah-albums-forum-pics-picture726-naskh.jpg

Forum List

Back