Moderate vs. Fundamentalist Islam

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
NEW YORK — A devout Muslim woman told police she slashed her husband's neck with a kitchen knife as he slept because he forced her to eat pork, wear short skirts and drink alcohol in violation of her religious beliefs.

Rabia Sarwar, 37, pleaded not guilty to attempted murder and was freed on $25,000 bail. She told police in a written statement that she was emotionally abused by her husband, Seikh Naseem.

"He made me do so many things that are against Islam," she wrote in a statement to police.

"I did all that just to make him happy but inside me there was a war," she continued.

Naseem suffered cuts to his neck, cheek and hand early Wednesday before fighting Sarwar off and dialing 911 from his Staten Island home, authorities said.

"I did my best to cut his throat," Rabia Sarwar wrote. "But the next moment he jumped on me and grabbed me."

Read more at: Rabia Sarwar Tried To Slit Husband Sheikh Naseem's Throat For Making Her Eat Pork, Wear Short Skirts

More to it then Islam....

Sarwar's statement to police paints a picture of a frustrated, confused woman angry that her husband of five months was not what he appeared to be during their brief courtship. Naseem went to her family to ask for a bride and she agreed to marry him, she said in her statement.

But after they were wed, she discovered he had previously dated mostly "white" women, had been married before and liked to go out to drink, she wrote. He said he was Pakistani and a devout Muslim, but in New York he claimed he was half-Pakistani and half-Norwegian, as well as a Unitarian Christian, she said.

He often yelled and cursed her family, she said, and one of his favorite writers was Salman Rushdie, author of "The Satanic Verses," which caused violent protests by Muslims in several countries because the book was perceived as an irreverent depiction of the Prophet Muhammad.

"He hates Pakistan and he hates Pakistanis then why did he marry a Pakistani girl?" she wrote.

They fought about her leaving, and he threatened to hurt her family, saying they would have to pay him $30,000 or he would sue them and leave them penniless and homeless, she wrote. Her family is in Pakistan.

There may be moderate muslims, more than likely they are just posing , Trojan horses for fundamentalism, there is no moderate Islam.

Sarwar's statement to police paints a picture of a frustrated, confused woman angry that her husband of five months was not what he appeared to be during their brief courtship. Naseem went to her family to ask for a bride and she agreed to marry him, she said in her statement.

But after they were wed, she discovered he had previously dated mostly "white" women, had been married before and liked to go out to drink, she wrote. He said he was Pakistani and a devout Muslim, but in New York he claimed he was half-Pakistani and half-Norwegian, as well as a Unitarian Christian, she said.

He often yelled and cursed her family, she said, and one of his favorite writers was Salman Rushdie, author of "The Satanic Verses," which caused violent protests by Muslims in several countries because the book was perceived as an irreverent depiction of the Prophet Muhammad.

"He hates Pakistan and he hates Pakistanis then why did he marry a Pakistani girl?" she wrote.

They fought about her leaving, and he threatened to hurt her family, saying they would have to pay him $30,000 or he would sue them and leave them penniless and homeless, she wrote. Her family is in Pakistan.

well shit, ya sold me, the bastard deserved it!!! :cuckoo:

NEW YORK — A devout Muslim woman told police she slashed her husband's neck with a kitchen knife as he slept because he forced her to eat pork, wear short skirts and drink alcohol in violation of her religious beliefs.]

You know, when I brought my toaster to the wedding of Keith Richards and Bindy Bin Ladin I said, "this will all end to tears."

he should have been beating her like the koran told him to do, allah knows best

o lets not forget the preacher's wife in tn that shot him in the back as she slept cause he made her wear wigs and hooker shoes and do "unnatural acts"...she got off in 6 months or so with time served....but hey there were christians...so its all good!

o and he was about to find out she had money problems but the jury didnt believe she would kill him over that...it was the shame of the "naugthy sex"

PoliticalChic's thread title is very misleading.

This isn't about political differences in Islam.

It's about domestic and spouse abuse which takes place in every culture reguardless of religion.

Nothing here to see......so I'll just move on

Oh, yeah, there is much here to see. You guys really missed the point!

This is a MAN BITES DOG story!!!

I can only tell you how my jaw dropped when I read this story and thought of the untold times I've heard news reports, read books, and articles about the many ways fundamentalist Muslim husbands, sons and fathers have beaten, stabbbed, burned alive, slashed, humiliated and ignored girls, wives, and daughters.

I'M DOWN WIT DA SISTA!!!

Like this?

A JEALOUS wife who allegedly set her husband's penis on fire has been given more time before being required to answer a murder charge.

Rajini Narayan, 44, appeared briefly in the Adelaide Magistrates Court today charged with murder, arson and endangering life.

The mother of three allegedly set fire to the genitals of her husband, Satish Narayan, in December last year.

Mr Narayan suffered major burns and died several weeks later.

AdelaideNow... 'Penis burning wife' case adjourned

It's preferable not to have abused or affronted spouses kill their allegedly offending spouse. It's much better to have police and the courts responding constructively.

A "man bites dog" story is really a story about animal cruelty, although I do understand your reference to journalistic judgements about what is news and what isn't news.

Like this?

A JEALOUS wife who allegedly set her husband's penis on fire has been given more time before being required to answer a murder charge.

Rajini Narayan, 44, appeared briefly in the Adelaide Magistrates Court today charged with murder, arson and endangering life.

The mother of three allegedly set fire to the genitals of her husband, Satish Narayan, in December last year.

It's preferable not to have abused or affronted spouses kill their allegedly offending spouse. It's much better to have police and the courts responding constructively.

A "man bites dog" story is really a story about animal cruelty, although I do understand your reference to journalistic judgements about what is news and what isn't news.

How about just a teensy weensy nick around the jugular?

You know, just to make the 'point.'

Like this?

How about just a teensy weensy nick around the jugular?

You know, just to make the 'point.'

Okay that makes sense. Sort of a caution? But I suppose they'd both suffer from insomia then...

There may be moderate muslims, more than likely they are just posing , Trojan horses for fundamentalism, there is no moderate Islam.

I thought the definition of a moderate Muslim was an Arab who was out of ammunition.

If Islam really wanted to stop terrorism all it would take would be a campaign to clearly state that terrorism is wrong, terrorists are criminals, and suicide bombers that kill don't get 76-virgins, they get hell.

Since Islam doesn't stop terrorism, one must conclude that Islam condones and supports it. So tell me again why we let them in the US??

I thought the definition of a moderate Muslim was an Arab who was out of ammunition.

If Islam really wanted to stop terrorism all it would take would be a campaign to clearly state that terrorism is wrong, terrorists are criminals, and suicide bombers that kill don't get 76-virgins, they get hell.

Since Islam doesn't stop terrorism, one must conclude that Islam condones and supports it. So tell me again why we let them in the US??

You must have missed the bulletin.

Terrorism is over since they re-interpreted the phrase as either 72-raisins, or a 7 foot Persian.

Last edited:

You must have missed the bulletin.

Terrorism is over silnce they re-interpreted the phrase as either 72-raisins, or a 7 foot Persian.

I thought it had become 76 76 year old virgins.

NEW YORK — A devout Muslim woman told police she slashed her husband's neck with a kitchen knife as he slept because he forced her to eat pork, wear short skirts and drink alcohol in violation of her religious beliefs.

Rabia Sarwar, 37, pleaded not guilty to attempted murder and was freed on $25,000 bail. She told police in a written statement that she was emotionally abused by her husband, Seikh Naseem.

"He made me do so many things that are against Islam," she wrote in a statement to police.

"I did all that just to make him happy but inside me there was a war," she continued.

Naseem suffered cuts to his neck, cheek and hand early Wednesday before fighting Sarwar off and dialing 911 from his Staten Island home, authorities said.

"I did my best to cut his throat," Rabia Sarwar wrote. "But the next moment he jumped on me and grabbed me."

Read more at: Rabia Sarwar Tried To Slit Husband Sheikh Naseem's Throat For Making Her Eat Pork, Wear Short Skirts

Good for her.

Sounds eerily like my own "All American" marriage in the early months. ME MAN, YOU WOMAN. I own you now, and what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine too...

The drinking got worse, he had an affair at three months, lost his job, played the ponies, and when I objected, I had to cover up the black and blue marks to go to work to earn the money to support his habits.

Forum List

Back