across the pond
built this early this summer. USS Missouri. made by Tamiya 1:350 scale

2u77tqt.jpg

1z5hnom.jpg

nwx2er.jpg

209khvp.jpg

1zx1gs4.jpg

31" long just under 4" beam

it took about a month. some days i spent only 3-5 hours other days 8-10 plus. I didn't want Tamiya. i wanted Revell but they don't make these in this scale anymore

construction:

vrd8xu.jpg

o5utd3.jpg

2egcn4i.jpg

14ukryt.jpg

v42x4i.jpg

qxw328.jpg

I used our lazy susan to spin instead of picking it up

2wfoex2.jpg

2nsarfq.jpg

done !!!!!

My brother did a superb job on an F-14 Tomcat. I think I gave him $50 for it. How do you store/display your models? Mine must be 20 years old and the decals are fallling off. Also it's dusty as hell- any suggestions?

My brother did a superb job on an F-14 Tomcat. I think I gave him $50 for it. How do you store/display your models? Mine must be 20 years old and the decals are fallling off. Also it's dusty as hell- any suggestions?

I only have this one. I stopped building them years ago. problem is I don't have enough space. this one is on a stand near the dining room.

I am checking into a plastic or glass display case to put it in for protection. time and exposure to temp and humidity takes its toll.

as far as the dust goes I would suggest compressed air in a can. I use this to clean out my PC. don't get the can to close. I would suggest removing the extension tube and start spraying from a distance. I check this one weekly for dust. so far none yet.

the rigging on this one is protected from temp and humidity. each line is dragged across a bar of bee's wax to seal it up. many aircraft models have some rigging on them to. I have considered a very light coat of wax on this one for protection.

you may be able to replace the missing decals. ask him who the manufacture is and see if they sell replacement parts. good luck.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back