Mod deleting post that ARE on topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
o --it happened twice! I was jumping through threads
so on the first one I said ''most whites didn't own slaves'' and I think I added something
that got deleted....I went back to double check the topic, and then I posted only ''most whites didn't own slaves''.....then that was deleted with the message ''off topic'' and no mod/no avatar with it

o --it happened twice! I was jumping through threads
so on the first one I said ''most whites didn't own slaves'' and I think I added something
that got deleted....I went back to double check the topic, and then I posted only ''most whites didn't own slaves''.....then that was deleted with the message ''off topic'' and no mod/no avatar with it
So, once again, PM the mods and ASK what the problem was. They will figure it out for you.

Zombie still ignore the post where they say the pm's sent were not responded to.

I've got someone--obviously a mod? deleting my post in the ''a precedent for those arguing against reparations''
my post ''most whites did not own slaves''
there are post talking about SLAVERY--post # 7, # 13
please explain this to me?? the OP does not mean anything about reparations because of slavery-directly or indirectly?
harmonica, I just had a thought.
Sometimes posts get taken down because they are associated with an offending post, not actually your post that was the problem. Yours might have been part of a string that was off topic for the thread?

That’s true. I had that happen once.
I've got someone--obviously a mod? deleting my post in the ''a precedent for those arguing against reparations''
my post ''most whites did not own slaves''
there are post talking about SLAVERY--post # 7, # 13
please explain this to me?? the OP does not mean anything about reparations because of slavery-directly or indirectly?
harmonica, I just had a thought.
Sometimes posts get taken down because they are associated with an offending post, not actually your post that was the problem. Yours might have been part of a string that was off topic for the thread?

I’d be willing to bet most deletions occur after someone else reports a post with their biased opinion of said post. I doubt most mods have time to read through long threads to see if it is indeed as offensive as reporter claims. Just my theory.
True, because there are often more or equally off topic posts not far way, or even other posts that say exactly the same as your own deleted one.
It would be good if the ID of the deleter was with the alert along with the deleted content so one could have it out with them - kind of difficult when you don’t even know which post was removed though.

You should call them out on the open board. Don't let them get away with it. They like it when members set them strait in public. It shows how tough you are.
You should call them out on the open board. Don't let them get away with it. They like it when members set them strait in public. It shows how tough you are.
I tried to settle some hacked out bullshit by a mod last week and they ignored me. So what are you to do then?
If you get mo response try another mod or a sr mod.

I tried to settle some hacked out bullshit by a mod last week and they ignored me. So what are you to do then?
Include another mod in the PM
I did. But where will that really go? I have been waiting for a week on the "judgement"
Hell, the mod was trying to excuse the actions before they even looked into it.
USMB mods remind me of Washington critters :eek:
Harley, we do try to resolve things and and let you know. did you report something or was this via pm?

She does that to me as well.

It's all about the agenda at this place.
It isnt always a "she"...

In my case, it is almost always the same vindictive mod.

I have posted in threads where two other mods see nothing wrong with the post, only to have her remove it. I'm sure you are a smart enough fellow to guess the subject matter that is being censored heavily.
Mine was the opposite. It was against a republican. Got deleted even though it was on topic. 10 min later i make the same type post except it was positive for republicans and it got WINNERED by the same one.
I couldnt believe it.

Pretty sure that you and i discussed the WHY of that in a review. You've gotten the answer. Don't think you REALLY want me to explain it to an audience -- do you?

THIS is why we don't allow discussion of SPECIFIC moderator actions in the rules. Because we don't want to EMBARRASS folks publicly with the facts... So do it at your peril or at the cost of a warning.

We will spend A LOT of time reviewing stuff in PM. . Contact TWO of us and bring a lawyer and a friend if you want. But we WILL not discuss specific actions in public. Dont' want the evidence to become "taunting material" or a spectacle..

Thread closed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back