Mobile phone tech help...anyone?

RadiomanATL

Jun 13, 2009
Not here
Just got myself and my wife new phones for an early X-mas present. They are sprint/nextel based phones, but the pre-loaded web browser absolutely sucks. I knew this was the case going in since I did a little research on them beforehand, but one of the reviewers said that he just downloaded a new browser (opera 3 I think).

So how do you go about installing a new browser on a mobile (non-smart) phone? I'm too lazy and busy right now to really dive in and research it, so I was going to see if anyone here has had to do it before.

Just got myself and my wife new phones for an early X-mas present. They are sprint/nextel based phones, but the pre-loaded web browser absolutely sucks. I knew this was the case going in since I did a little research on them beforehand, but one of the reviewers said that he just downloaded a new browser (opera 3 I think).

So how do you go about installing a new browser on a mobile (non-smart) phone? I'm too lazy and busy right now to really dive in and research it, so I was going to see if anyone here has had to do it before.

Are they CDMA or iDEN network phones? There's a HUGE difference.

What model phones did you get?

Are they CDMA or iDEN network phones? There's a HUGE difference.

What model phones did you get?

It's an iDEN network.

Motorola Clutch i465 - messaging phone - Motorola USA

Oh, gawd. i465s?

Were they FREE??

Take 'em back. Take 'em back. Take 'em back.

Motorola Clutch i465 (Boost Mobile) Cell Phone reviews - CNET Reviews

These are BOOST phones. Texting on them is a bitch. They're not easily customized and they're OLD technology.

There are WAY better iDEN phones than these. WAY.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

The good: The Motorola Clutch has a compact design with a comfortable keyboard. Call quality is excellent.

The bad: The Motorola Clutch has a low-resolution display and a clunky interface. It does not support instant messaging.

The bottom line: Boost Mobile scores with its first messaging phone. The Motorola Clutch offers good performance and an easy-to-use design.

Last edited:
Oh, gawd. i465s?

Were they FREE??

These are BOOST phones. Texting on them is a bitch. They're not easily customized and they're OLD technology.

The good: The Motorola Clutch has a compact design with a comfortable keyboard. Call quality is excellent.

The bad: The Motorola Clutch has a low-resolution display and a clunky interface. It does not support instant messaging.

The bottom line: Boost Mobile scores with its first messaging phone. The Motorola Clutch offers good performance and an easy-to-use design.

*Shrug*

We like them so far. The only downside is the browser that we can see.

Oh, gawd. i465s?

Were they FREE??

*Shrug*

Ok. Have you ever had a *real* smart phone? If not, then you would like these phones just fine.

If you have, then you would understand what these phones lack.

It's really your call. If you're happy with them, who am I to tell you otherwise? :eusa_whistle: :eusa_eh:

Oh, gawd. i465s?

Were they FREE??

*Shrug*

Ok. Have you ever had a *real* smart phone? If not, then you would like these phones just fine.

It's really your call. If you're happy with them, who am I to tell you otherwise? :eusa_whistle: :eusa_eh:

Never had a real smartphone. Don't need one really. I'm usually no more than 10 or 20 steps away from a computer. Our needs are pretty simple. Talk/text and very basic web stuff (mainly to just check email).

*Shrug*

Never had a real smartphone. Don't need one really. I'm usually no more than 10 or 20 steps away from a computer. Our needs are pretty simple. Talk/text and very basic web stuff (mainly to just check email).

Did you go to a Sprint store? Or a Boost store?

Check out the new line of Palm smartphones at Sprint. The Palm Pre (probably a little advanced for your needs, but very neat technologically) or the Palm Pixi (a spiffed up version of the Palm Centro, the original affordable smartphone) would certainly catch your eye. They have a similar form and feel as your current phones, but they are customizable with ringtones, wallpapers, web browsing and you can purchase and download thousands and thousands of applications--programs for everythign from Grays Anatomy to Crossword puzzles, Diet Managers and just about any app you can think of. All at decent prices.

I had the Centro for two years. Loved it. Damned near killed it I used it so much. I still have it, but I switched carriers so it is useless to me now. Unless I take it to MetroPCS (who can and WILL put ANY carrier's phone on their network).

When my funding comes through, I am going to look into a Palm Pre for myself and new phones for my kids at Sprint. Just gotta clear up some bills first. :D

Did you go to a Sprint store? Or a Boost store?

Check out the new line of Palm smartphones at Sprint. The Palm Pre (probably a little advanced for your needs, but very neat technologically) or the Palm Pixi (a spiffed up version of the Palm Centro, the original affordable smartphone) would certainly catch your eye. They have a similar form and feel as your current phones, but they are customizable with ringtones, wallpapers, web browsing and you can purchase and download thousands and thousands of applications--programs for everythign from Grays Anatomy to Crossword puzzles, Diet Managers and just about any app you can think of. All at decent prices.

I had the Centro for two years. Loved it. Damned near killed it I used it so much. I still have it, but I switched carriers so it is useless to me now. Unless I take it to MetroPCS (who can and WILL put ANY carrier's phone on their network).

When my funding comes through, I am going to look into a Palm Pre for myself and new phones for my kids at Sprint. Just gotta clear up some bills first. :D

The smartphones are neat, but I don't see where I would get my money's worth. Like I said, I just use the phone for calls and texting mainly.

Cool. Posting this from the phone now via opera 4.2 ....this browser rocks compared to the preloaded one, or compared to the one on my last phone. Pretty quick loads too. Thanks again Xsited!!

Forum List

Back