Mo. Town Allows Golf Carts On City Streets

Shogun

Free: Mudholes Stomped
Jan 8, 2007
ALBANY, Mo. -- Soaring gasoline prices drive a northwest Missouri town to join the growing trend of legalizing the use of golf carts on city streets.

Officials in Albany this week passed an ordinance to allow golf carts on streets within the city limits. City Administrator Derek Brown said several residents asked the city to legalize the use of golf carts, saying the practice would be cheaper than traveling around town in a car.
Click here to find out more!

The city of 1,900 will require a $15 annual permit for each cart. A seven-foot orange flag must be attached to each cart so they can be easily seen by motorists.

Brown said several other communities have moved to allow the use of golf carts to save money on fuel.

Mo. Town Allows Golf Carts On City Streets - Kansas City News Story - KMBC Kansas City

for those of you who recall my solution to the oil crunch (pimped out golf carts) this should tell you a thing or two about the show me state.

Ahhh yes can't wait to see what those golf carts will look like after being hit by a SUV

Last edited:
cities and towns have restricted speed limits.

Would you say the same thing about mopeds, cooper minis and bicycles?

And the Majority of people who follow the speed limit is?

Yes, I love how people on mopeds think they don't have to use the bike lane

ummm cooper minis are Automobiles and have excellent safety ratings so I don't see why you include those

Yes, I love how Bicyclists don't use the bike lanes

I think it's stupid, too. They are too big to fit in the bike lane and too slow and cumbersome to ride in with the big boys.

Evolution in action.

And the Majority of people who follow the speed limit is?

Yes, I love how people on mopeds think they don't have to use the bike lane

ummm cooper minis are Automobiles and have excellent safety ratings so I don't see why you include those

Yes, I love how Bicyclists don't use the bike lanes

uh, the MAJORITY? How many times to you barrel down a 25mph school zone doing 80? And no, mopeds don't have to use the bike lane in this state. You run over a moped driver and your ass loses your license.

I included cooper minis because, safety rating or not, they are still no match for a collision with a hummer.

and, again, bikes get to use the road too.

did you have anything else you'd like to add?

I think it's stupid, too. They are too big to fit in the bike lane and too slow and cumbersome to ride in with the big boys.

Evolution in action.

HA!

yea, evolution indeed. Run over any of the above and see what happens to you. this particular city voted in this ordinance for their streets. If you can't gel then don't go there. THEY will still be saving on gas money while you are out crying about gas prices.

Well in my state mopeds must stay in the bike lane as well as bikes so they have their own lane.........25 MPh in school zone never, but last I checked school was out so maybe not 80 but I know a few who easly do 50

HA!

yea, evolution indeed. Run over any of the above and see what happens to you. this particular city voted in this ordinance for their streets. If you can't gel then don't go there. THEY will still be saving on gas money while you are out crying about gas prices.

Don't worry, I try to avoid MO. Good luck picking up chicks on your golf cart.

:rofl:

meh.. I've never been into the kind of chicks that have a gold digger standards anyway. A car is a car and, clearly in your case, a ho is a ho. I'll take an intellectual woman whose personal identity isn't wrapped up in what kind of car her boyfriend drives all day long.

and, if my golf cart had the body style of an early model Tbird convertable....

1956_Thunderbird_Convertible___Black-DLW0051-medium.jpg

I was actually picturing those fat asses that ride around my neighborhood in golf carts. I prefer the ones that aren't so lazy and ride bikes instead.

But, whatever floats your boat. I'm sure Aunt Bea will be thrilled to have you.

hehehe.. don't act like you wouldn't cream yourself riding around in a classic auto that was powered by the same thing youll find in a gold cart.

indeed, when was the last time YOU walked 3 miles across town for groceries?

Of course not. Obviously the poster put about 2 seconds worth of thought into that post before making it.

Well in my state mopeds must stay in the bike lane as well as bikes so they have their own lane.........25 MPh in school zone never, but last I checked school was out so maybe not 80 but I know a few who easly do 50

Ok, so cross out those few you know, and would it be safe to assume then that the MAJORITY actually does the speed limit?

I mean, as if all the rising prices weren't enough, I'm sure the average commuter would just LOVE to add in a $100+ ticket, points on their license, and increased insurance surcharges.

You spoke too soon, thinking that your tiny little microcosm of society represents the entire country. The fact is, this golf cart idea is a good one. You just couldn't help but talk shit, that's all.

In my town people move around in 4-wheelers, weird little old-people carts and a variety of other conveyances.

It's great being in the middle of nowhere and having no city cops.

im telling you.. golf cart chassis with classic bodies would SELL.

AND, we as an American people would be finally innovative about this OIL crap. Why pander to chicken-necked oil tycoons and their middle eastern masters if we can step outside the equasion? Reduced pollution, increased travel area, minimal cost with all the perks of our modern interiors.

sound like a win win win to me.

but then, IM from the fucking show me state.

missouri.gif

Forum List

Back