MMs bodyguard arrested on gun charges

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
NEW YORK — Filmmaker Michael Moore's (search) bodyguard was arrested for carrying an unlicensed weapon in New York's JFK airport Wednesday night.

Police took Patrick Burke, who says Moore employs him, into custody after he declared he was carrying a firearm at a ticket counter. Burke is licensed to carry a firearm in Florida and California, but not in New York. Burke was taken to Queens central booking and could potentially be charged with a felony for the incident.

Moore's 2003 Oscar-winning film "Bowling for Columbine" criticizes what Moore calls America's "culture of fear" and its obsession with guns.

What a hypocritical buffoon !
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,144921,00.html

CSM said:
If only MMs body guard has guns....

How silly---and he expects to maintain any credibility that may still be lingering ???? ALL this anti-gun crap in Columbine---this guy will make a buck on anyones' misfortune and turn around and mock them

Can you really blame him for having an armed bodyguard? I think he is an ignorant buffoon, but I don't blame him a bit. Lot of crazies out there.

The bodyguard did break the law, however, so deserves his punishment.

I think everyone in the world should have any kind of firearms they want with no restrictions of any kind. However, I think I should be the only person allowed to have ammunition.

Anyway, I betcha MM's argument is, "If closed-minded idiots (read "people who disagree with me") weren't allowed to have guns, I wouldn't even need bodyguards."

dilloduck said:
NEW YORK — Filmmaker Michael Moore's (search) bodyguard was arrested for carrying an unlicensed weapon in New York's JFK airport Wednesday night.

Police took Patrick Burke, who says Moore employs him, into custody after he declared he was carrying a firearm at a ticket counter. Burke is licensed to carry a firearm in Florida and California, but not in New York. Burke was taken to Queens central booking and could potentially be charged with a felony for the incident.

Moore's 2003 Oscar-winning film "Bowling for Columbine" criticizes what Moore calls America's "culture of fear" and its obsession with guns.

What a hypocritical buffoon !
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,144921,00.html

:thewave: :mm: :clap: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Reminiscent of Rosie O'Donnell and her "you shouldn't be allowed to have a gun to protect yourself, but my kids are so important that they should."

It also works with former Mayor Wellington Webb of Denver who used armed bodyguards but passed a law that had anybody with a gun in their car in Denver could have their car confiscated on sight.

There are so many different examples of this hypocrisy....

oh ocme on now guys...
you know that mm thinks every gun should be outlawed 'cept where hes concerned...sheesh

Johnney said:
oh ocme on now guys...
you know that mm thinks every gun should be outlawed 'cept where hes concerned...sheesh

Yes that's right, I keep forgetting that, I get confused when all these hypocrits talk about being for the regular guy............. :huh:

Bonnie said:
Yes that's right, I keep forgetting that, I get confused when all these hypocrits talk about being for the regular guy............. :huh:
do what i want you to, not what i do!

Bonnie said:
Hey has anyone posted this story on DU just to piss them all off!!!????

LOL! It'd be the last thing you ever posted there. DU's ideas on free speech run pretty much parallel to Joe Stalin's!

Forum List

Back