Mmmmmm Beer....

I drank over a gallon of Stella Artois last night.

American lager is woefully poor.

As someone who used to pull bitter at the King and Keys pub on Fleet Street back in my youth, I can say that English beer ain't much better, at least not the mass-produced stuff.

Mass produced beer is generally crap almost anywhere. Literally. The way they make it is done to speed up the brewing process so it doesn't have to sit for very long, which degrades the quality of the product.

In America, there has been a revolution in microbrews over the past 20 years. There are a couple thousand small microbreweries here in America producing some mighty fine beer. You just have to know what to look for.

Best beer I've ever had was in Belgium. Steps above anything else I've ever tasted.

And the Belgian beer you get here is nowhere near as good as over there.

Duvel is one of my favorites. It's like $12 for a four pack, but it's so tasty. :beer:

I was in Asheville NC a few weeks ago, and picked up a pack of 12 variety beers from Highland Brewery. It is excellent. The taste is very good and the quality is high.

Even better, it is so local that they duct tape the boxes shut, and do a lousy job! That's REAL craft beer!

Highland Brewing Company - Asheville's Best Ales/Beers - Distributors

020-highland-local-beer-asheville.jpg

On the rare occasion when I do have a beer, it must be ice cold....I don't know how some stomach the warm stuff.

Forum List

Back