MM admits changed paper, but says no biggie

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
I wanted to put this in the terrorism section because this guy is a virtual terrorist. He admits to falsy portraying a newspaper article by changing the date and page to make it look like a verifiable news story. Hey MM, this is called LYING! But I know, it is only a lie if a republican asserted this, if it is a liberal, then he did not have improper editing skills with his movie, I swears it, no improper editing with that movie, none. Sheesh!

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040812/ap_on_en_mo/people_michael_moore_3

But the mistake "did not make a difference to the editorial point ... and was in no way detrimental to (The Pantagraph)," the New York-based attorney wrote in a letter to the paper.

I know it was the proverbial attorney, but the attorney speaks for the client.

Even more interesting is the fact that the original news story basically ended where you left off in your post. Gee wonder why? [/sarcasm]

Had this gaf been from the right, this story would have had legs longer than the 40 ft. woman's.

I love this part: "But an attorney for Westside Productions replied this week that Moore violated no copyright laws and did nothing misleading."

Alrighty then. I wish this had come out before his interview with Bill O'Reilly. I wonder how he would have wormed out of this one.

It's funny that Moore claims altering the truth is no big deal and yet his number one accusation againist Bush is that he altered the facts on Iraq to present his case for war.

Amazing. :dunno:

Democrat4Bush said:
It's funny that Moore claims altering the truth is no big deal and yet his number one accusation againist Bush is that he altered the facts on Iraq to present his case for war.

Nope, not amazing. Typical and predictable given Moore's background and credentials (I use that term loosely).

Democrat4Bush said:

Amazing? No, not at all...Moore is only bringing us the truth.

The problem is his "truth" and the "truth" are two very different things.
But then Millionaire Moore is on crusade for the little guy, right? Wrong.

The only crusade Moore is on is for his own financial gain.
The hell with the truth.

Can we all Say HYPOCRITE.

The problem is his "truth" and the "truth" are two very different things.
But then Millionaire Moore is on crusade for the little guy, right? Wrong.
It's like that Simpsons episode "Realty Bites" where Lionel Hutz (voiced by Phil Hartman [why did he have to die?!] ) said to Marge when she was reluctant to lie about certain problems that houses had:

Marge: But all I did was tell the truth!
Lionel: Of course you did. But theres.. [face becomes unfriendly, voice deepens] the truth [shakes head, "no"], and [voice becomes chirpy, smiles] the truth [nods head, "yes"]!

It is just the truth as he sees it.

Forum List

Back