MLK memorial

assemble,celebrity,contrast,famous,film,flick,giant,head,movie,out,of,context,piece,promo,puzzle,smile,statue-486b4fd072c0c7b039d42fcb30da72ac_i.jpg

Copyrights max out at 50 years right? Just wait them out til 2014 and pay nothing.

The greatest shame in the MLK brat children is that one of the most influential speakers in the 20th century is rarely quoted, no movies depicting his life - the last TV documentary that I am aware of was made in 1978...all because his pathetic children stole their fathers words and placed them under lock and key...and demands outrageous royalties for the "right" to use his depiction or words.

Clearly the black culture needs inspiration...and because of three individuals - the greatest possible inspiration is never heard.

Did they pay the King family for the licensing of his image?

sorry to have to quote you again but, apparently yes-$800K..:doubt:

Cashing in on Martin Luther King Jr. - latimes.com

Holy crap. I was just joking. They made the foundation PAY them for permission to make the monument? Disgusting.

actually, they made them pay to use his words and likeness for fundraising material for the memorial to, uh, him.

stay classy, kings :thup:

Holy crap. I was just joking. They made the foundation PAY them for permission to make the monument? Disgusting.

actually, they made them pay to use his words and likeness for fundraising material for the memorial to, uh, him.

You never read very far do you?...or perhaps try to be at least a tiny bit informed before you type.
The missuse of funds, high "salaries" as "foundation founders" etc. etc. for the King family is legendary.
Think for just a couple seconds...again as I am aware of - there has been no documentaries done on one of the most influential men in the past 100 years. Why? Because the King family wants $1,000,000 just for starters.

And I'm sure there were "administration fees" that had to be taken out of the payment.

The greatest shame in the MLK brat children is that one of the most influential speakers in the 20th century is rarely quoted, no movies depicting his life - the last TV documentary that I am aware of was made in 1978...all because his pathetic children stole their fathers words and placed them under lock and key...and demands outrageous royalties for the "right" to use his depiction or words.

Clearly the black culture needs inspiration...and because of three individuals - the greatest possible inspiration is never heard.

If you are too weak to find inspiration from within then you deserve what you get. I inspire myself and I taught my kids to be their own inspiration.

If you are too weak to find inspiration from within then you deserve what you get. I inspire myself and I taught my kids to be their own inspiration.

I appreciate what you have said and follow that wisdom myself.

Although... many parents now-a-days just don't get it and race has very little to do with it..

Although... many parents now-a-days just don't get it and race has very little to do with it..

And that's why the future is easy pickings for kids who were "kicked in the ass" from day one.

And that's why the future is easy pickings for kids who were "kicked in the ass" from day one.

Well.. as you know their all different but they all require some level of ass kicking or in my perspective repeated introductions to reality along the way...

I don't need any inspiration from MLK.
I don't father children in droves and abandon them, I don't murder people over a high or because they sold something in my "territory".
I graduated high school.
I don't give a pass to despicable and amoral behavior, nor do I glorify it.
I don't look at women as "bitches" or just a hole to get off in.

If you can't see that the black culture is in desperate need of positive influence then you are clearly living under a rock.

I think when dreams and goals are given to us as a challenge many people will be inspired and take action to reach those dreams and goals. Civil rights and landing on the moon are just two such examples.

Forum List

Back