MLK day

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
A day to remember a great man.

However I have to ask, why are all you libs so quick to claim MLK? His own niece said today, what anyone with half a brain should know, If MLK was alive today he would be a died in the wool Social Conservative completely opposed to Abortion.

So many Democrat Hero's, MLK, JFK, would not even recognize where the Democrat Party is today, and yet you still act like the Democrat party can claim these people as evidence of where they party is today.

To funny.

He also talked about not judging people based on where they came from or what they look like. He was also in favour of education for the masses and opportunities for all.

He may not be close to today's Democrats, but he's closer than he is to today's Republicans.

He also talked about not judging people based on where they came from or what they look like. He was also in favour of education for the masses and opportunities for all.

He may not be close to today's Democrats, but he's closer than he is to today's Republicans.

sorry I don't agree. I am sure he would be with them when it came to spending and Welfare, but I don't see MLK supporting say Gay marriage or Abortion. No sorry on social issues MLK was and would be Nothing like Modern Democrats.

sorry I don't agree. I am sure he would be with them when it came to spending and Welfare, but I don't see MLK supporting say Gay marriage or Abortion. No sorry on social issues MLK was and would be Nothing like Modern Democrats.

I'm not convinced he'd be overly happy with what the Democrats have done to minorities. I think he may well have seen their policies as destructive... mainly because they are.

He also talked about not judging people based on where they came from or what they look like.
Yet today people like Rdean who claim to be carrying on his banner, do exactly that. Only instead of talking about a Minority as if they all think alike and are all scum, he talks about the White Majority that way.

He was also in favour of education for the masses and opportunities for all.
Only in Liberal La La land are Republicans against education. Having issues with the DOE does not mean you do not want people to get educated. The DOE wastes a large amount of the Money it takes in, and frankly since it's creation our Students test scores have only gone down. Compassion is more than just throwing money at a problem. If your throwing money at something, but letting idiot Bureaucrats fuck it all up and waste half of it, You are not accomplishing much good.

All we can go on is what he said with his own words. That would lead one to believe that he would side with Democrats on issues like spending, Welfare, Etc, but would split with them over Social issues. He was a very religious man, If you are thinking he could over look Things like Abortion to support Democrats, you have another thing coming.

MLK was no saint. Few of our more exalted icons and heroes are. He stumbled, he sinned, and he associated with some people that brought him criticism as various associations of our other heroes have brought them criticism. But yes, he was a social conservative, a Christian, he was registered Republican, and he was a visionary in ways that most Democrats would reject these days. His life was cut short before he could lead us to the conclusion of that vision.

I would like to think that he he lived out his normal lifespan, he would have been appalled at what has become of his vision, or perhaps he could have steered the narrow psyche in the direction of say Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, William Raspberry, Shelby Steele, and others who push intellectual honesty, realities, and common sense solutions.

Nobody has "claimed" the man. Nutters wake up every MLK day and, realizing that they do not identify with much of what this great man stood for, get a weird impulse to argue with liberals about who he would most appreciate were he alive today.

It happens every fucking year.

Sad to see the rightwingloons use MLK as a tool.

Oh, well.
You mean like you guys do?

Don't ever let them hit crazy with you.

They are just young ones who never saw a real reason to rock on a crusade if their love depended on it.

And I can out crazy and out punk them. That's their frustration in a general sense. We are the no helmut generation.

They are the balloon baby bubble fools.

I swear I don't want them changing my depends. I've got to work on this.:lol:

Nobody has "claimed" the man. Nutters wake up every MLK day and, realizing that they do not identify with much of what this great man stood for, get a weird impulse to argue with liberals about who he would most appreciate were he alive today.

With all due respect, it's daily. Haven't you noticed how the press keeps leaving out Rev?

It's on purpose. I hone in on the media because that's what I'm good at. And what I always get is not what they print, but what they omit.

With all due respect, it's daily. Haven't you noticed how the press keeps leaving out Rev?

It's on purpose. I hone in on the media because that's what I'm good at. And what I always get is not what they print, but what they omit.

I had not noticed that...and I don't know what it has to do with my comment.

A person's title is often left out by media when they become as well known as this man.

I had not noticed that...and I don't know what it has to do with my comment.

A person's title is often left out by media when they become as well known as this man.

It's on purpose. For true.

They always leave out the Rev. It really is a piece of work.

Sad to see the rightwingloons use MLK as a tool.

Oh, well.

You might be mistaken.

My parents (My dad gangs of new york my mum right off a boat in 1917 shipped to Kirkland lake and my Italian great uncle took one look and my most gorgeous great aunt and fell love over heads over heels and became.}

You can't lump people all together.

My parents (uk irish) thought his I have a dream speech that let us all be free.

Forum List

Back