Mixed Race Marriages Continue To Rise

i am of the old school.....never found a person outside of my race attractive....does that make me a bigot......well honey hush if that doesnt this will.....i would not even consider dating a man who dated outside his race....
i remember the first time i saw my son flirt with a black young lady.....it was us passing thru a larger town....and she was being flirty with him....and he was flirting right back.....lets just call that the day my world stood still....

my hubby is more liberal than i....he makes me look like an extreme right winger....

with all this said....a good friend married a black lady...we were kinda of amazed.....not like we have a lot of blacks here...okay here is how bad it is here....we saw a black family with a new born....now it was so new born it was still white...i joked about calling the local police and reporting this black family for stealing a white baby.....it would have worked....i can tell you right now jonesboro police would have shown up sirens going and would not believe that story of babies being white and turning....

so yes time are a changing but lone we said that in the 60s and 70s and it has not changed.....

i dont remember the police just opening fire on people like they do now....

if my son were to fall in love outside of his race....i would hold my tongue and hope she loves him....and gosh darn i would just love up any little grandbabies.....be they ebony or albino

Yes.....this nation is growing up.

The Rise in Interracial Marriages Says A Lot About America... - attn

And coming together.....one couple at a time.

You do realize that mixed marriages are and deathknell for identity politics, right? Unless you proscribe to the "one drop" line of logic when it comes to identifying a person as "black"

My kids will be Bengali-Irish/Italian, shortest line 2nd generation born in america, longest line 5th generation born in america, and they will be told to check whatever box or boxes they want, South Asian, White, Mixed, whatever.

Certain groups should not inter-marry:

Redskins Fans & Cowboy Fans
Red Sox Fans & Yankee Fans
Michigan Alum and Ohio State Alum

why should i be embarrassed etc and so froth...i grew up in hard racial times....i went to a public high school that was occupied by the police for two years due to racial tension....we had no issues as military brats....but damn we hit the public high schools and played hell for years...so i did what i thought was the best for me....i moved into what i call a 'white zone'

White alone, percent, 2013 (a) 93.8% 71.7%
Black or African American alone, percent, 2013 (a) 4.2% 22.0%
American Indian and Alaska Native alone, percent, 2013 (a) 0.5% 1.6%
Asian alone, percent, 2013 (a) 0.6% 2.6%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone, percent, 2013 (a) Z 0.1%
Two or More Races, percent, 2013 0.8% 2.0%
Hispanic or Latino, percent, 2013 (b) 4.7% 8.9%
White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent, 2013 89.4% 64.4%

a if the county percentage.....the latter figure is the state percentage....

matter of fact lone.....let me do this....since i am going into town today......boone ....i may see blacks....hell with school starting i am sure i will....i will count the blacks i see...vs the number of confederate flags i see...and report back

I've only been attracted to Caucasian's (like myself) - but there are a few exceptions...

Those guys are cute, but here are my REAL crushes! I LOVE THESE 2 men below:

Terrance Howard

Benecio De Toro

Forum List

Back