Mixed breed or full blooded?

krisy

Mar 30, 2004
Ohio
Just out of curiousity,I was wondering if anyone had a preference? I have worked with animals for a while and I get sooo many opinions on this subject. Do you think one is better than the other? What is your favorite breed?...Just for fun

I personally feel you can get a good dog either way. I like Spaniels and Shepards a lot-mixed or registered.

My all time favorite dog is the chocolate lab. I will own one in the near future (or go insane). This one is perfect (but owned by someone, I just think he's perfect. http://www.chocolatelabs.com/photos/displayimage.php?album=73&pos=7)

Right now I have a pug. He's a complete nut.

I've owned pure breeds and mixed. They are all wonderful. However, there are many breeds who've been ruined by breeders so it depends on the breed/breeder/training. You know, kinda like children!

The good thing about mutts is that you are probably saving one from a euthanasia if you can get them from an ASPCA or shelter. That's always nice.

Just don't buy them from pet stores. They are such evil places. You should check out the breeder left and right.

Cocker spaniels are so cool but not very good with children...yours is kind of older now, but still. And boy do they require upkeep!

Rhodesian Ridgeback!!

index.htm

WOW!! They are beautiful!!!! We will be looking for a dog once we are settled in the new house. I have some research to do. I guess those are pretty expensive dogs?

Originally posted by krisy
WOW!! They are beautiful!!!! We will be looking for a dog once we are settled in the new house. I have some research to do. I guess those are pretty expensive dogs?

Depends on where your getting the dog from Krisy! here in NJ, you can pay a fortune for a full breed, so those really wanting, go to PA for one! I am sure depending on the breeder you may not have to spend a lot. There is always the pound and saving an anmial too!

I happen to love the Boxer myself! How can you not fall in love with a face like this:

boxer1.jpg

Awwwww. He is gorgeous too. My mom has a boxer mix nad loves him. He is a great dog. Boxer will probably be in the running with a Springer Spaniel And G. Shep.. Of course,we may just get a mutt!!!!

Actually,the coat of the dog you pictured looks a lot like the coat of mom's dog. His mama was a full blooded Boxer with a brindle pattern ,I think that is what it's called. I could be wrong. He is brown with black blotches on him.

Your probably right! I would have loved a boxer - Right before my Son turned 1, we went to the pound and wanted to save an animal - well, the first one we saw was HUGE, so I knew he wouldn't do too well with a baby! We actually wound up with a mutt, yet, a picture of just the head, you would swear was sheppard, all the colors, even the moles on the face - the fangs on him are quite large, but, he is only 38 pds. A little runt! I am not really sure what he is mixed with, but some claim terrier. I think he looks just like the coyote in the park by me!

I will get a picture of him and post it! he also loves feet - not such a friendly to strangers, right for the feet he goes! hehe! and Sir Evil and he, well, tickle the nose and he snaps!

I would love to see a pic. Are you related to sir evil? I thought Lizzy was his wife? I am so confused!!! Hehe. I am still working on pics of my chinchilla too. We took a bunch yesterday,but they didn't turn out well. Have to take some more. I love to see animal pics. I have always been a huge animal lover.

I would love to see a pic. Are you related to sir evil? I thought Lizzy was his wife? I am so confused!!! Hehe. I am still working on pics of my chinchilla too. We took a bunch yesterday,but they didn't turn out well. Have to take some more. I love to see animal pics. I have always been a huge animal lover.

hehehe, yes, Sir Evil is my Brother - I am sure somewhere on this board is a run down on who everyone is and how related!

Yes Evil, filo just loves you! :D

Well I couldnt get the stupid link to work..so here it is:

They were used in Africa to hunt lions.

Originally posted by Jackass
Well I couldnt get the stupid link to work..so here it is

Doesn't show much of the dog though stupid! haha!

O.K.,I was thinking that was probably it. That is pretty cool that you both post here. You both seem like very nice people!!:D :)

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Ok Krisy, here's the rundown on the family here!

Sir & Lizzy
Jimnyc - brother
JaneenG - sister
Dan - brother
Joan - mother
Dirty Jack - father
Laurie - stepmother

Now ya know who is who!:D

OMG!!! I had no idea. I knew jim and moi were married,and you and lizzy. I had no idea that joan was your mom!!! haven't come across Dirty Jack though.

OMG!!! I had no idea. I knew jim and moi were married,and you and lizzy. I had no idea that joan was your mom!!! haven't come across Dirty Jack though.

heheheh! that pretty much sums it up!!! confusing, but in time you will see!

Forum List

Back