Mixed breed or full blooded?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by krisy, May 2, 2004.

1. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Just out of curiousity,I was wondering if anyone had a preference? I have worked with animals for a while and I get sooo many opinions on this subject. Do you think one is better than the other? What is your favorite breed?...Just for fun

I personally feel you can get a good dog either way. I like Spaniels and Shepards a lot-mixed or registered.

2. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    My all time favorite dog is the chocolate lab. I will own one in the near future (or go insane). This one is perfect (but owned by someone, I just think he's perfect. http://www.chocolatelabs.com/photos/displayimage.php?album=73&pos=7)

Right now I have a pug. He's a complete nut.

I've owned pure breeds and mixed. They are all wonderful. However, there are many breeds who've been ruined by breeders so it depends on the breed/breeder/training. You know, kinda like children!

The good thing about mutts is that you are probably saving one from a euthanasia if you can get them from an ASPCA or shelter. That's always nice.

Just don't buy them from pet stores. They are such evil places. You should check out the breeder left and right.

Cocker spaniels are so cool but not very good with children...yours is kind of older now, but still. And boy do they require upkeep!

3. Jackass

Jackass Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Rhodesian Ridgeback!!

[​IMG]

4. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Got any pics jack?

5. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    This is what they look like Krisy!

[​IMG]

6. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    And here they are as pups! cuties!

[​IMG]

7. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    WOW!! They are beautiful!!!! We will be looking for a dog once we are settled in the new house. I have some research to do. I guess those are pretty expensive dogs?

8. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Depends on where your getting the dog from Krisy! here in NJ, you can pay a fortune for a full breed, so those really wanting, go to PA for one! I am sure depending on the breeder you may not have to spend a lot. There is always the pound and saving an anmial too!

I happen to love the Boxer myself! How can you not fall in love with a face like this:

[​IMG]

9. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    And more grown up!

[​IMG]

10. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Awwwww. He is gorgeous too. My mom has a boxer mix nad loves him. He is a great dog. Boxer will probably be in the running with a Springer Spaniel And G. Shep.. Of course,we may just get a mutt!!!!