Mitt's speech

The annual quest to spot black delegates — including by network television cameras — has become a point of humor, with comedic writer Baratunde Thurston creating a Twitter hashtag, #negrospotting. But the question of whether the GOP can increase its diversity is serious business to GOP political strategists, who understand that an overwhelmingly white party faces electoral doom in an increasingly diverse country.

Bositis’ team contacted every state delegation to conduct their count, yielding a total of about 47 black delegates. He said three states, Georgia, Illinois and Virginia, simply refused to respond.

“The Republican party has become much more of a southern institution,” Bositis said, adding that the party’s center of gravity has become southern white conservatives.

“We don’t want the party to look like it’s a bunch of old, white guys.”

Despite diversity brag, few black delegates at the 2012 Republican convention

When you guys say there were many blacks there, it's satire, right? You don't really believe it, right?

RNC ejects attendees for assaulting an African-American camera operator with peanuts - She The People - The Washington Post

Reporter David Shuster, kicked off the firestorm when he tweeted “GOP attendee ejected for throwing nuts at African-American CNN camera woman + saying "This is how we feed animals."

My heart jumped. I thought, “Hey, I wonder if that’s my girlfriend?” I sent her a quick chat: “Are you the camerawoman everyone is talking about?” She promptly responded, “Yes.”

I welled up with tears. Empathy enveloped me. It was easy to imagine that could have been me as I nearly covered the convention myself but for a certain toddler getting ready to start pre-school. More important, how dare they do this to my girlfriend! This is someone with whom I’ve gone on double-dates, spent hours talking about hair and made runs to the organic market. More recently, we have planned unfulfilled spa vacations together.

You can fail in business. You can go bankrupt.

But you can't fire American citizens. You can't "discard them".

And running on "Obama is attacking success" is ridiculous.

You can't Fire Americans? WTF are you talking about?

and Obama is Clearly attacking success. Only Brainwashed Idiots like yourself can't see it.

The annual quest to spot black delegates — including by network television cameras — has become a point of humor, with comedic writer Baratunde Thurston creating a Twitter hashtag, #negrospotting. But the question of whether the GOP can increase its diversity is serious business to GOP political strategists, who understand that an overwhelmingly white party faces electoral doom in an increasingly diverse country.

Bositis’ team contacted every state delegation to conduct their count, yielding a total of about 47 black delegates. He said three states, Georgia, Illinois and Virginia, simply refused to respond.

“The Republican party has become much more of a southern institution,” Bositis said, adding that the party’s center of gravity has become southern white conservatives.

It's only humorous to you racists on the left that have to manipulate airtime for appearances.

Why haven't you followed Obama's stated goal and be part of a post-racial United States?

Also, since you like to harp on the demographics of the GOP, why don't you celebrate Black, Asian and Hispanic Republicans?

You're saying "trickle down" works?

A lot better than Redistribution

Redistribution already happened under Bush. That's the problem.

You guys don't really believe Republicans support small business do you? Their idea of a small business is with a revenue stream of at least a billion dollars a year.

Yeah. I do believe Republicans support small business. Because regulations are the worst enemy of a small business. See, big corporations can eat the costs of new regulations. Thats why they laugh whenever democrats support new regulation. See it HELPS the big corporations because it drives the small ones out of business.

People who demonize business hurt small businesses, not the big ones. The big ones can survive incoveniences. Small businesses cant.

It's only humorous to you racists on the left that have to manipulate airtime for appearances.

Why haven't you followed Obama's stated goal and be part of a post-racial United States?

Also, since you like to harp on the demographics of the GOP, why don't you celebrate Black, Asian and Hispanic Republicans?

Why don't WWII vets celebrate Tokyo Rose?

Fuck a post-racial America, there never has been nor will there ever be a post-racial America.

My wife is anti-abortion. She actually convinced me to be the same, so your meme is busted.

What does your response have to do with his mother asking why should women have any less say in what goes on in their nation? Women apparently don't have any say in the republican platform which is done by mostly white men!

You are clueless.

The GOP's abortion stance is as much all women as it is white men. BTW, hispanic women are generally pro-life. You might want to adjust your rhetoric.

Who specifically are these women? Link? And even if what you say is true, not all women are republican and they oppose the anti-abortion movement and platform.

What does your response have to do with his mother asking why should women have any less say in what goes on in their nation? Women apparently don't have any say in the republican platform which is done by mostly white men!

You are clueless.

The GOP's abortion stance is as much all women as it is white men. BTW, hispanic women are generally pro-life. You might want to adjust your rhetoric.

Who specifically are these women? Link? And even if what you say is true, not all women are republican and they oppose the anti-abortion movement and platform.

Still waiting for your link proving only old white men wrote the GOP platform, dumb ass.

Forum List

Back