mitt's kid, speaking Spanish

I'm failing to see the significance of Craig Romney's segment. It's great the guy can speak Spanish, but so can millions of other non-Hispanics. It's not that big of an achievement and yet the crowd made it seem that way. I know Romney's pushing hard to win over Latino voters, but he's going to have to do a lot better than this.

'Tis OK, we understand, you don't understand. :D

Pray tell, what was the significance of Craig Romney speaking random Spanish to a crowd of largely non-Spanish speakers?

I'm failing to see the significance of Craig Romney's segment. It's great the guy can speak Spanish, but so can millions of other non-Hispanics. It's not that big of an achievement and yet the crowd made it seem that way. I know Romney's pushing hard to win over Latino voters, but he's going to have to do a lot better than this.

Pray tell, what was the significance of Craig Romney speaking random Spanish to a crowd of largely non-Spanish speakers?

Ahhhh, why not?? What do you see wrong with it??? Or are you just anti Hispanic???

Ahhhh, why not?? What do you see wrong with it??? Or are you just anti Hispanic???

What led you to that conclusion? Because I'm automatically not impressed that some random guy can speak the most commonly spoken foreign language in this country? Might that be it?

And who said anything about it being wrong to do so? I merely said I do not understand it's significance. That is a far cry from saying it's flat out wrong.

So now that we've cleared that up, I shall ask again: What was the significance of Craig Romney speaking random Spanish to a crowd of largely non-Spanish speakers?

Silly Wepublicans. Don't you know that when you recognize heritage and diversity -- you're just pandering? But when the Demoplicans do it -- it's sincere and from the heart...

Now if you could just get Kanye West to come out and interrupt Mitt during his acceptance speech -- you'd DOUBLE the Black vote.. (from 91 to 182)...

I dont know. Probably because he is at a podium talking to a national audience throughout the country who speak various languages and trying to demonstrate that progressives lie about Republicans to the hispanic people.

Maybe something like that.

What led you to that conclusion? Because I'm automatically not impressed that some random guy can speak the most commonly spoken foreign language in this country? Might that be it?

And who said anything about it being wrong to do so? I merely said I do not understand it's significance. That is a far cry from saying it's flat out wrong.

So now that we've cleared that up, I shall ask again: What was the significance of Craig Romney speaking random Spanish to a crowd of largely non-Spanish speakers?

When you're addressing how proud you are of your heritage --- it's best to that in your native language.. Gotta problem with that? Those kids are just 2nd generation American.

Might be news to you -- but I swear it's true...
:cool:

There was a time when a politician's family was off limits. Everyone knew that Hillary was a world class enabler for her husband's infidelity and poor Chelsea was a victim of the whole thing. Even when Chelsea grew up knowing that her father engaged in sodomy in the Oval Office with a girl barely older than herself nobody talked about and everyone agreed she was off limits to the media. Today the vicious angry incoherent left tried to tear apart Sara Palin's family and now they are probably after Ryan and Romney's kids.

Good for him but can you imagine if anyone on the D team did this? You rw's would be whining and crying.

What the hell are you talking about? democrats have campaigned speaking from time to time in what Spanish they could for decades.

And, hypocrite that he is, Mitt shares the point of view of Brewer and KKK Kris Kobach. But, he that didn't stop him from trotting out his son to lie - in Spanish.

Saying things that far left nuts like you don't want to hear is NOT "lying," you idiot. Gov. Brewer wants to secure the border. What point of view do you have a problem with there? And as for the kkk; well, that is the last thing a democrat should ever mention. You scumbags own that.

When you're addressing how proud you are of your heritage --- it's best to that in your native language.. Gotta problem with that? Those kids are just 2nd generation American.

Might be news to you -- but I swear it's true...
:cool:

It is not news to me. I'm well aware that the Romneys have heritage ties to Mexico.

Craig Romney's segment left me puzzled and amused, but not particularly impressed. If I had a problem with what he said, I would've said so by now. I think the disconnect here is that you folks are interpreting the aforementioned lack of impression to mean that I found something wrong with this speaker or his family or his heritage or even what he said. It's to the contrary, I personally did not find anything wrong with what he said. I just find it odd that someone decided he should randomly speak Spanish.

I will give them kudos for the creativity at least and he certainly speaks the language better than Obama.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back